Topic Stats

• 6,771 posts
  • 499 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by chriz99
  • Topic is favorited by 250 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,803 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

s-l16dd00 (resized).jpg
7895708f1edf488af14d855205fbe5640efe1c49 (resized).jpg
91A6CF28-92A0-4EDB-8035-3BBE30326F6D (resized).png
NOTSUREIF (resized).jpg
IMG_20181211_142107 (resized).jpg
C90C44B6-C062-446D-87F2-573D84EE3057 (resized).jpeg
F8F51194-4377-4C1F-8757-0EA7C2E1506A (resized).jpeg
6BAA7DE3-838C-4444-BF49-B7DC60A08E8C (resized).jpeg
E0BFA888-85F5-476A-B0EE-40113198E849 (resized).jpeg
5A624F2D-B1DB-41ED-B9D7-675BA8F570FD (resized).jpeg
53421B10-03E2-4309-A818-B7B767B7209D (resized).jpeg
1CF46751-CC53-4395-BE7C-DE05977D3705 (resized).png
8056053E-844A-4D8A-BBB4-D0EA203606AB (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
IMG_2418 (resized).JPG
IMG_2417 (resized).JPG

There are 6771 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 136.
#6551 80 days ago

My diy art package. Led lighting above as well.

IMG_20181104_012613 (resized).jpg

#6552 80 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My diy art package. Led lighting above as well. Notice Rudy behind the wireform?
[quoted image]

#6553 79 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My diy art package. Led lighting above as well.
[quoted image]

Yup, that's the one I like the best from the three options seen.

Lighting using an LED strip?
How long is it and what did you tie it into?

#6554 79 days ago

While browsing for parts for my TZ I saw a few PF plastics that i definitely doesn't have on my game.
The plastics are all small and transparent.

31-1765-4 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1765-4
31-1765-7 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1765-7
31-1765-8 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1765-8
31-1765-27 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1765-27

I have one similar plastic since before (31-1765-25) mounted above the shooter lane just before the three skill-shot switches, but that's the only one I had.

If someone could post pictures of where the other four plastics mentioned above should be placed I would be very grateful.

#6555 79 days ago

I do not have any of those either. Probably do not need them.

#6556 79 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Small strip facing the back. Pointed them down first, but the reflections off the PF and plastics was horrid. For power, I have a 12v 3A adapter wired post switch for all mods. Easier than messing with custom plugs for the board and doesn’t add stress.

#6557 77 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

I will say that TZ is a really dark game (in a dark room)....using an LED light strip on the back, along with spot lights on the play field really helps....

#6558 75 days ago

I’m finally in the club! My machine needs a bit of work in terms of new decals but I’m also stumped as to what part number the grey cardboard under the upper Playfield is and where I can get a new one

BE855440-2E58-4DA8-A04D-F0A094739BB5 (resized).jpeg
#6559 75 days ago

Don't bother replacing the cardboard, get the plexiglass (or whatever it is) that you can get for it instead.. I think it might be listed on here somewhere. The cardboard looks ugly and it's not as if it's trivial to change it after you've put the mini-PF back in..

#6560 75 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m finally in the club! My machine needs a bit of work in terms of new decals but I’m also stumped as to what part number the grey cardboard under the upper Playfield is and where I can get a new one
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01176-twilight-zone-power-playfield-bottom-plastic-protector

#6561 75 days ago

+3 Toss that cardboard and do the plexi. Fits like a glove and looks amazing!

#6562 75 days ago

Is it challenging to take off the upper play field?

#6563 75 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No, really easy actually

#6566 75 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You basically just: Disconnect a few molex connectors underneath, loosen two screws around the front, and unscrew where the wireform meets up at the top. From there it basically just pulls toward you. I was a little apprehensive my first time doing it a few months back when i swapped in LED's but it wasn't bad at all.

#6567 74 days ago

Thanks for the plug to my pinside store. For those that want to make their own, you can do it yourself with a trip the the hardware store for some clear plastic. Then you need a hole punch, exacting knife, and high quality shears. Use the cardboard one as a template. Of course, I’m happy to make them for folks.

#6568 74 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It's pretty straightforward. Hardest thing for me is dealing with the connectors. Mine have pretty much no slack which makes it difficult getting everything back together.

#6569 74 days ago

Does anyone have a link to the Inside Back-wall Decal and the Inside sidewall decals?

#6570 74 days ago

My clock has yellowed, I cannot find a new housing, I have seen the front plastic but not the complete housing.

#6571 74 days ago
Quoted from BobA:

My clock has yellowed, I cannot find a new housing, I have seen the front plastic but not the complete housing.

I thought they're pretty easy to find, but it seems out of stock everywhere.

I used blue instead, really like it. Have 1 or 2 spare clear/original clock housings somewhere around though - i'm sure someone closer to home will have them too.

e.g.
https://mantispinball.com/product/twilight-zone-clock-housing-blue/

#6572 74 days ago
Quoted from BobA:

Does anyone have a link to the Inside Back-wall Decal and the Inside sidewall decals?

Which ones?

These? ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod

You can also probably save a bit if you contact him directly for the above set on eBay
andydreads@btinternet.com

#6573 74 days ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It's pretty straightforward. Hardest thing for me is dealing with the connectors. Mine have pretty much no slack which makes it difficult getting everything back together.

BE CAREFUL RECONNECTING.

Two plugs are identical, and it you swap them, you will fry your optos.

#6574 74 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

BE CAREFUL RECONNECTING.

x1!! I did this exact thing, and fried my optos real good!

Take a marker or paint pen or something and mark the connectors before taking them apart, so this way you'll get them back to where they belong.

#6575 74 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

x1!! I did this exact thing, and fried my optos real good!
Take a marker or paint pen or something and mark the connectors before taking them apart, so this way you'll get them back to where they belong.

Dang, that sucks. Someone marked all the connectors to the boards on one of my pins. I thought that was a great idea. I do that now if there is any doubt where something goes. Pictures are good as well but things can happen to pics.

#6576 74 days ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I thought they're pretty easy to find, but it seems out of stock everywhere.
I used blue instead, really like it. Have 1 or 2 spare clear/original clock housings somewhere around though - i'm sure someone closer to home will have them too.
e.g.
https://mantispinball.com/product/twilight-zone-clock-housing-blue/

Thank you so much.

#6577 74 days ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Which ones?
These? ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod
You can also probably save a bit if you contact him directly for the above set on eBay
andydreads@btinternet.com

thanks for the response

#6578 74 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

BE CAREFUL RECONNECTING.

Been there done that... as a bonus they make a good little pop as they die.

Lesson learned, i pay more attention now... the wire colors need to match up.

#6579 74 days ago

Quick question. My TZ is resetting to factory settings every time i turn the machine on and off. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

#6580 74 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question. My TZ is resetting to factory settings every time i turn the machine on and off. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

Batteries on the main CPU board are dead I assume. (and if that isnt it, something is wrong with memory where it is stored I would think)

Edit: just noticed you have 40 machines, lol, so I assume you checked this already.

#6581 74 days ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Batteries on the main CPU board are dead I assume. (and if that isnt it, something is wrong with memory where it is stored I would think)
Edit: just noticed you have 40 machines, lol, so I assume you checked this already.

Battery is new. I’ll change it just to be sure. Hopefully another battery will work. I just restored it and maybe I missed something.

#6582 73 days ago

Could be a bad solder joint on the battery holder connection to the board. You’d have to pull the board and test for continuity from the back of the board to the holder battery terminals.

#6583 72 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

I've seen where there was previous slight acid damage from a battery blew up long ago and will cause this. You might have to take the board out and inspect very good. I had a T2 doing weird stuff. I lifted some chips to socket them and found acid damage under the chips that ate away at some traces.

#6584 72 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01043-twilight-zone-tz-lighted-speaker-panel-basic

Looking for feedback on this product? I looks great but looks like it might give off bad glare on the glass?

#6585 72 days ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01043-twilight-zone-tz-lighted-speaker-panel-basic
Looking for feedback on this product? I looks great but looks like it might give off bad glare on the glass?

Get "Bent Plastic" from Pinball Life to keep glare off. I use it on TAF to keep Thing glare off.

#6586 72 days ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I have installed these on 5 games now, and TZ is actually next. Looks outstanding. I did not notice any glare the 5 or 6 games I’ve played on the demo game at shows.

The glare is really minimal, and if you have a ColorDMD it is basically nil. Totally worth it. There are 2 versions - basically one adds speaker lights which are controlled separately. IMO not necessary but YMMV

#6587 65 days ago

Got my first LITZ last night! Finally cracked the top score spot too.

This game is good at making you think you are going ok and then the left outlane magnet fires up haha.

#6588 65 days ago

Hey all.

I have Ingo's clock board in my TZ; in my opinion it's the single best and most necessary mod you can do for your TZ. I've had it for a few months now, and no "broken clock" messages to be found.

With that being said, I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find replacement rainbow leds for it domestically? On one of the leds the green died, so now one is showing just blue and red and variations of those two colors only. I checked Cointaker, Comet, Pinballbulbs--no luck.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would certainly appreciate it.

#6589 65 days ago

I'm curious now, how many people actually have clock board problems? I have had my TZ for 5 years now and never one single issue with it. I am going through it now and replacing the shell on it and was wondering weather I should bother buying the Ingo board.

#6590 65 days ago

I'm still using my original clock boards. I think the main issue with optos is that the transmitters get dim over time with use, but at home they get minimal use, and should keep going.

#6591 65 days ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm curious now, how many people actually have clock board problems? I have had my TZ for 5 years now and never one single issue with it. I am going through it now and replacing the shell on it and was wondering weather I should bother buying the Ingo board.

It’s preventative, looks REALLY good, and when you really start getting crazy with how your TZ looks and install a GIOCD, it is literally the only available board that works correctly with it. Highly recommend both Ingo’s board, and the GIOCD/LEDOCD boards specifically for TZ.

#6592 65 days ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

The major cause of problems with the clock was always heat buildup within the clock shell, exacerbated by the design change that made the clock illumination GI instead of controlled lights. Drilling vent holes in the clock shell and/or replacing the bulb jumpers with the original diodes will help the problem; if your clock has had these mods done, and you don't leave the machine on 24/7, you could avoid any issues.

#6593 65 days ago

If you are not having any issues with your original clock board, then God Bless! When I purchased my TZ last year, my board was a mess; it would work for a while, then it would start behaving badly. I would do all sorts of things to try and remedy this; reseat the Molex connectors, fiddle with the optos, etc. Again, it would work for a while, but a short time in everything would go crazy. I took my original board out and found that two of the optos had been replaced (and not very well, I might add!). I could also see some burn marks at various locations around the board; broken or burnt out bulbs, etc. After doing some research, I found that the general consensus was that Ingo's board was the way to go. I saved up my pennies and made the purchase, and I haven't looked back. The other thing that's nice about his board is that you can add different colored bulbs for wonderful effects; I like the rainbows that slowly change color. They really add a lot to the look.

Again, if you are running original boards and have no problems, I would say there was no need to change, unless you want to add more color options and have less heat build up.

Also, again, if anyone knows of a source for replacement rainbow leds here in the US, I would be much obliged.

#6594 65 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Hey all.
I have Ingo's clock board in my TZ; in my opinion it's the single best and most necessary mod you can do for your TZ. I've had it for a few months now, and no "broken clock" messages to be found.
With that being said, I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find replacement rainbow leds for it domestically? On one of the leds the green died, so now one is showing just blue and red and variations of those two colors only. I checked Cointaker, Comet, Pinballbulbs--no luck.
If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would certainly appreciate it.

Hi Scott,

it very rarely can happen, that one of the rainbow LEDs can fail; these have a built in microcontroller and are sensitive against over voltage. Mightbe, one was a bit "weak" from factory.

You cannot get the rainbows elsewhere as they are manufactured specially for me.

No problem for me, to send you a new set of rainbows for free. You should not have hesitated to ask me - I do not bite

Simply PM me your adress and you will get 4 new ones!!!

- Ingo

#6595 65 days ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Send me a PM and I will make you a very special offer for today and you can save a lot of money

- Ingo

#6596 65 days ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Hi Scott,
it very rarely can happen, that one of the rainbow LEDs can fail; these have a built in microcontroller and are sensitive against over voltage. Mightbe, one was a bit "weak" from factory.
You cannot get the rainbows elsewhere as they are manufactured specially for me.
No problem for me, to send you a new set of rainbows for free. You should not have hesitated to ask me - I do not bite
- Ingo

Here's another great benefit from having Ingo's board; the FANTASTIC service!

Funny story; at the time that I wrote my second post regarding this, I stupidly realized I could have PMed him directly and ask about purchasing the replacements. As I was writing the PM, he actually PMed me offering replacements!

If someone can make something happen before it's even asked...I don't know how you can possibly beat that!

#6597 65 days ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Hi Scott,
- Ingo

THIS is why everybody recommends Ingo. Oh, and his board design is second to none.

#6599 60 days ago

Hello guys! can you help me understand the part number of the spring under the miniplayfield?? Its only one spring on one side?? It is not on the manual! Thank you for your help!

20181123_160201 (resized).jpg
#6600 60 days ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys! can you help me understand the part number of the spring under the miniplayfield?? Its only one spring on one side?? It is not on the manual! Thank you for your help!
[quoted image]

That spring is used to adjust the level of the power playfield. It was added to to the game when it moved to full production. Tighten more or less and it will change the level of the power playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Professor Pinball
8,997 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Barberton, OH
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 14.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 10.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 50.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 234.99
$ 14.95
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
PinBoss Mods
$ 999.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 131.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
There are 6771 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 136.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside