Topic Stats

• 6,586 posts
  • 486 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 245 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,770 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BE855440-2E58-4DA8-A04D-F0A094739BB5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20181104_012613 (resized).jpg
62270461-E1CD-4D61-9758-83C09A485AC1 (resized).jpeg
78DABF69-7C01-43EC-A56E-3E5935E3514C (resized).jpeg
F0C0C60F-A594-40FA-9A57-26B5EBB91077 (resized).jpeg
TZ FP inst - 4x6 print.jpg
TZ 3 Ball - 4x6 print.jpg
IMG_20181029_183414 (resized).jpg
IMG_0194 (resized).JPG
31716221688_d93c8e77cd_k (resized).jpg
45537969412_e5d161c059_k (resized).jpg
45537969342_ae1ebb1071_k (resized).jpg
31716215958_cc213a8f59_o (resized).jpg
45537967052_83c503cfa7_k (resized).jpg
43707575020_1b44212041_k (resized).jpg
20181022_164613 (resized).jpg

There are 6586 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 132.
#6551 10 days ago

My diy art package. Led lighting above as well.

IMG_20181104_012613 (resized).jpg

#6552 10 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My diy art package. Led lighting above as well. Notice Rudy behind the wireform?
[quoted image]

#6553 10 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My diy art package. Led lighting above as well.
[quoted image]

Yup, that's the one I like the best from the three options seen.

Lighting using an LED strip?
How long is it and what did you tie it into?

#6554 9 days ago

While browsing for parts for my TZ I saw a few PF plastics that i definitely doesn't have on my game.
The plastics are all small and transparent.

31-1765-4 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1765-4
31-1765-7 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1765-7
31-1765-8 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1765-8
31-1765-27 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1765-27

I have one similar plastic since before (31-1765-25) mounted above the shooter lane just before the three skill-shot switches, but that's the only one I had.

If someone could post pictures of where the other four plastics mentioned above should be placed I would be very grateful.

#6555 9 days ago

I do not have any of those either. Probably do not need them.

#6556 9 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Small strip facing the back. Pointed them down first, but the reflections off the PF and plastics was horrid. For power, I have a 12v 3A adapter wired post switch for all mods. Easier than messing with custom plugs for the board and doesn’t add stress.

#6557 7 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

I will say that TZ is a really dark game (in a dark room)....using an LED light strip on the back, along with spot lights on the play field really helps....

#6558 5 days ago

I’m finally in the club! My machine needs a bit of work in terms of new decals but I’m also stumped as to what part number the grey cardboard under the upper Playfield is and where I can get a new one

BE855440-2E58-4DA8-A04D-F0A094739BB5 (resized).jpeg
#6559 5 days ago

Don't bother replacing the cardboard, get the plexiglass (or whatever it is) that you can get for it instead.. I think it might be listed on here somewhere. The cardboard looks ugly and it's not as if it's trivial to change it after you've put the mini-PF back in..

#6560 5 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m finally in the club! My machine needs a bit of work in terms of new decals but I’m also stumped as to what part number the grey cardboard under the upper Playfield is and where I can get a new one
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01176-twilight-zone-power-playfield-bottom-plastic-protector

#6561 5 days ago

+3 Toss that cardboard and do the plexi. Fits like a glove and looks amazing!

#6562 5 days ago

Is it challenging to take off the upper play field?

#6563 5 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No, really easy actually

#6566 5 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You basically just: Disconnect a few molex connectors underneath, loosen two screws around the front, and unscrew where the wireform meets up at the top. From there it basically just pulls toward you. I was a little apprehensive my first time doing it a few months back when i swapped in LED's but it wasn't bad at all.

#6567 5 days ago

Thanks for the plug to my pinside store. For those that want to make their own, you can do it yourself with a trip the the hardware store for some clear plastic. Then you need a hole punch, exacting knife, and high quality shears. Use the cardboard one as a template. Of course, I’m happy to make them for folks.

#6568 4 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It's pretty straightforward. Hardest thing for me is dealing with the connectors. Mine have pretty much no slack which makes it difficult getting everything back together.

#6569 4 days ago

Does anyone have a link to the Inside Back-wall Decal and the Inside sidewall decals?

#6570 4 days ago

My clock has yellowed, I cannot find a new housing, I have seen the front plastic but not the complete housing.

#6571 4 days ago
Quoted from BobA:

My clock has yellowed, I cannot find a new housing, I have seen the front plastic but not the complete housing.

I thought they're pretty easy to find, but it seems out of stock everywhere.

I used blue instead, really like it. Have 1 or 2 spare clear/original clock housings somewhere around though - i'm sure someone closer to home will have them too.

e.g.
https://mantispinball.com/product/twilight-zone-clock-housing-blue/

#6572 4 days ago
Quoted from BobA:

Does anyone have a link to the Inside Back-wall Decal and the Inside sidewall decals?

Which ones?

These? ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod

You can also probably save a bit if you contact him directly for the above set on eBay
andydreads@btinternet.com

#6573 4 days ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It's pretty straightforward. Hardest thing for me is dealing with the connectors. Mine have pretty much no slack which makes it difficult getting everything back together.

BE CAREFUL RECONNECTING.

Two plugs are identical, and it you swap them, you will fry your optos.

#6574 4 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

BE CAREFUL RECONNECTING.

x1!! I did this exact thing, and fried my optos real good!

Take a marker or paint pen or something and mark the connectors before taking them apart, so this way you'll get them back to where they belong.

#6575 4 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

x1!! I did this exact thing, and fried my optos real good!
Take a marker or paint pen or something and mark the connectors before taking them apart, so this way you'll get them back to where they belong.

Dang, that sucks. Someone marked all the connectors to the boards on one of my pins. I thought that was a great idea. I do that now if there is any doubt where something goes. Pictures are good as well but things can happen to pics.

#6576 4 days ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I thought they're pretty easy to find, but it seems out of stock everywhere.
I used blue instead, really like it. Have 1 or 2 spare clear/original clock housings somewhere around though - i'm sure someone closer to home will have them too.
e.g.
https://mantispinball.com/product/twilight-zone-clock-housing-blue/

Thank you so much.

#6577 4 days ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Which ones?
These? ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod
You can also probably save a bit if you contact him directly for the above set on eBay
andydreads@btinternet.com

thanks for the response

#6578 4 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

BE CAREFUL RECONNECTING.

Been there done that... as a bonus they make a good little pop as they die.

Lesson learned, i pay more attention now... the wire colors need to match up.

#6579 4 days ago

Quick question. My TZ is resetting to factory settings every time i turn the machine on and off. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

#6580 4 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question. My TZ is resetting to factory settings every time i turn the machine on and off. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

Batteries on the main CPU board are dead I assume. (and if that isnt it, something is wrong with memory where it is stored I would think)

Edit: just noticed you have 40 machines, lol, so I assume you checked this already.

#6581 4 days ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Batteries on the main CPU board are dead I assume. (and if that isnt it, something is wrong with memory where it is stored I would think)
Edit: just noticed you have 40 machines, lol, so I assume you checked this already.

Battery is new. I’ll change it just to be sure. Hopefully another battery will work. I just restored it and maybe I missed something.

#6582 4 days ago

Could be a bad solder joint on the battery holder connection to the board. You’d have to pull the board and test for continuity from the back of the board to the holder battery terminals.

#6583 2 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

I've seen where there was previous slight acid damage from a battery blew up long ago and will cause this. You might have to take the board out and inspect very good. I had a T2 doing weird stuff. I lifted some chips to socket them and found acid damage under the chips that ate away at some traces.

#6584 2 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01043-twilight-zone-tz-lighted-speaker-panel-basic

Looking for feedback on this product? I looks great but looks like it might give off bad glare on the glass?

#6585 2 days ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01043-twilight-zone-tz-lighted-speaker-panel-basic
Looking for feedback on this product? I looks great but looks like it might give off bad glare on the glass?

Get "Bent Plastic" from Pinball Life to keep glare off. I use it on TAF to keep Thing glare off.

#6586 2 days ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I have installed these on 5 games now, and TZ is actually next. Looks outstanding. I did not notice any glare the 5 or 6 games I’ve played on the demo game at shows.

The glare is really minimal, and if you have a ColorDMD it is basically nil. Totally worth it. There are 2 versions - basically one adds speaker lights which are controlled separately. IMO not necessary but YMMV

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Barberton, OH
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 131.00
$ 10.95
$ 77.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Kuala Lumpur, FEDERAL TERRITORY OF KUALA LUMPUR
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 234.99
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6586 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 132.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside