IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 305.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks like I may pass on this one, the post bothers me and while Im happy to do some work. I don't want to spend all my time doing it.

Yep the thing aboot a TZ is there are plenty more left. I mean this was gonna be a real dirtball duty here. Elbow grease doesn't bother me and I like the change they go through, but I stay away from hole in Playfields.

tz.jpgtz.jpg
#602 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks guys, really appreciate hearing your views. Looks like I may pass on this one, the post bothers me and while Im happy to do some work. I don't want to spend all my time doing it.

I think its good that you can say it bothers you and move on. Like said before, plenty more out there to get one you're comfortable with.

#603 9 years ago

The search goes on. These have become harder to find in good condition at a $5k price lately. Once you start getting into the 6-7k territory, might as well get a wozLE.

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Once you start getting into the 6-7k territory, might as well get a wozLE.

Ha, that wouldn't be much of an internal struggle for me; I'll take 2 ramps

1 week later
#605 9 years ago

I wanted to add something above the rocket kicker, but the rocket mods out there are pretty pricey. I started with a clear SLA 3D print I found on shapeways.com and painted the rocket part. Still working out how I will mount it in the machine.

03.jpg03.jpg
#606 9 years ago

I loosely followed a guide online to build the piano. The bottom part is dense foam which helped it sit flat under the clock.

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg
#607 9 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

I loosely followed a guide online to build the piano. The bottom part is dense foam which helped it sit flat under the clock.

unnamed.jpg 26 KB

I need this. Can you post the link to the guide?

#609 9 years ago

You guys amaze me!

#610 9 years ago

Where to get some 3D design files for Twilight Zone?

#611 9 years ago

I'm in process of fixing/rebuilding my twilight zone. What places are best for finding parts as marco seems kinda high for some stuff. Also looking to buy parts so if you have anything let me know or even a bad play field that populated.

#612 9 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I'm in process of fixing/rebuilding my Twilight Zone. What places are best for finding parts as marco seems kinda high for some stuff. Also looking to buy parts so if you have anything let me know or even a bad play field that populated.

I'm getting 90% of my stuff from PBL, as they were cheaper. Some of the items that PBL didn't carry I had to/will get from other places.

#613 9 years ago

Just got mine on Monday. Love the show and love the game. 0103151806a.jpg0103151806a.jpg0103151802.jpg0103151802.jpg

#614 9 years ago

Btw, I saw some posts about LED ghosting on TZ. I replaced a bunch of inserts with LEDs and have no issues. I had a T2 a while back with ghosting problems and it turned out to be a loose connection on one socket that was causing a bunch of LEDs to ghost.

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Btw, I saw some posts about LED ghosting on TZ. I replaced a bunch of inserts with LEDs and have no issues. I had a T2 a while back with ghosting problems and it turned out to be a loose connection on one socket that was causing a bunch of LEDs to ghost.

Yeah, my game has horrible ghosting and strobing. So bad, I had to change it back - once I get it back together I'll be getting the LED OCD board to try.

Note, however, I'm using PinLED Power Driver board, so that may be part of the problem.

#616 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm getting 90% of my stuff from PBL, as they were cheaper. Some of the items that PBL didn't carry I had to/will get from other places.

Ok thx ill give them a call on monday

#617 9 years ago

Prob starting my TZ search soon. Anyone have a TZ themed gameroom? Would love to see any memorabilia from the show people have up.

mike

#618 9 years ago

Who sells the metsl light cover that sits on the mini pf. Think I have seen two diff versions

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Who sells the metsl light cover that sits on the mini pf. Think I have seen two diff versions

Mike PDI does:
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/TZ_Page.html

#621 9 years ago

Pinging the gang on this again. Still some niggling sound issues. A bit of semi-consistent crackle & pop on quiet sounds, especially end-of-ball sounds (probably most noticed at this time b/c music is off). And, as of a few days ago, the volume sometimes varies significantly, even going silent occasionally, or being consistent & well-behaved for a day or two.

Gotta love the inconsistent issues!

What I've done, which hasn't made any difference:

1 - Swapped sound board
2 - Swapped sound & program ROMs (9.4H)
3 - New 4ohm 5.25" left speaker from Marco, matching the original. New speaker had powder-coating on housing--I scraped some off to get continuity to the ground wire ring terminal.
4 - Wiggled speaker cables
5 - Wiggled sound power cables
6 - Wiggled ribbon cable going to sound board

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Jason

Quoted from jasonbar:

Quick question on sound. There are a handful of quiet sounds on my machine that have just a very little bit of pop or crackle with them. It sounds a little like what you might hear if your iPod headphone jack is a little loose--just a little crackle.
One is the first 3 notes of the TZ theme that play when a ball ends & the bonus sequence starts. Another is the crescendo of the rocket launch after plunging the ball.
I've run the sound tests & hear no issues with all songs/sounds played in the service menu.
I've gone through & wiggled the connectors/solder joints/wires between the speakers & the sound board--nothing loose there--I can't induce the crackle.
My guess is that those few quiet sound files just have little inherent flaws in them. Has anybody else noticed this?
Thanks,
-Jason

#622 9 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday!

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-744.jpgimage-744.jpg

image-417.jpgimage-417.jpg
image-633.jpgimage-633.jpg
image-123.jpgimage-123.jpg

#623 9 years ago

It's in great shape but there's rust spots on the spring steel ramp entrances. They are riveted on so I'd like to try and clean them up without removing if possible. Any suggestions? I don't want to do anything that might damage the playfield.

#624 9 years ago

Got mine about a month ago and finally have it all shopped out and looking good.

image-306.jpgimage-306.jpgimage-165.jpgimage-165.jpgimage-577.jpgimage-577.jpgimage-84.jpgimage-84.jpg

#625 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

It's in great shape but there's rust spots on the spring steel ramp entrances. They are riveted on so I'd like to try and clean them up without removing if possible. Any suggestions? I don't want to do anything that might damage the playfield.

Remove the ramp before trying to clean anything on those flaps. It's a pretty easy task to remove, you just work in layers. Consult your manual for help, too. Don't forget about the two tiny screws at the ramp entrance, and the electrical connections!

Once the ramp is removed, tape a piece of nice stiff cardboard or something similar to the bottom side of the ramp entrance. That way, if you're applying the elbow grease a little too hard, you won't bend that flap back. There are a few types of metal polishes you can use. My favorite it Brasso. You can get it at most hardware stores. It shouldn't harm the bluing on that flap(it didn't on mine), but you still will want to try it on the underside of that flap first, just to make sure. Once you're certain the bluing will be fine try it on the topside and see what happens. Be careful not to get it on the ramp plastic. I'm not sure it'll affect it, but Brasso can be pretty caustic, it wouldn't surprise me if did chemically "burn" it.

I used Brasso on every stainless bit on my TAF and TZ with fantastic results.

Good luck!

#626 9 years ago

Few people pm'd me and wanted sectioned off photos of my TZ. Here you go. Notice the custom TZ cards from www.pinballcards.com

image-404.jpgimage-404.jpgimage-287.jpgimage-287.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#627 9 years ago

awesome...hard to tell colors you used. I see a lot of blue

what colors on bottom outlanes, slings and going up the sides. Thanks!

#628 9 years ago

Bottom outlanes and slings are acutally purple.... then moving to blues up the sides towards the back.

#629 9 years ago

Here's my TZ before and after.

image-767.jpgimage-767.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#630 9 years ago

I'm in the club as of a week ago. Playfield is in great shape, cab is also in good shape, but has leg wrinkling. I've got new decals for it. Been busy with it, full ct LEDs, added home made car, robot and camera mods, new buy in switch. Came with pinpro speakers, piano mod and lighted gumballs. I believe it's also a sample game, green lock insert, filled holes in bumpers and routed third magnet hole. I'm just dealing with a clock issue, hence the credit dot. Game is every bit as expected.

image-1731.jpgimage-1731.jpg image-460.jpgimage-460.jpg image-397.jpgimage-397.jpg image-428.jpgimage-428.jpg image-592.jpgimage-592.jpg image-434.jpgimage-434.jpg image-821.jpgimage-821.jpg image-884.jpgimage-884.jpg
#631 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm in the club as of a week ago. Playfield is in great shape, cab is also in good shape, but has leg wrinkling. I've got new decals for it. Been busy with it, full ct LEDs, added home made car, robot and camera mods, new buy in switch. Came with pinpro speakers, piano mod and lighted gumballs. I believe it's also a sample game, green lock insert, filled holes in bumpers and routed third magnet hole. I'm just dealing with a clock issue, hence the credit dot. Game is every bit as expected.

image-1731.jpg 36 KB

image-460.jpg 47 KB

image-397.jpg 42 KB

image-428.jpg 29 KB

image-592.jpg 117 KB

image-434.jpg 196 KB

image-821.jpg 218 KB

image-884.jpg 218 KB

Nice pickup looks like itmight just be early playfield but not sample as its missing sample upper playfield and white clockface apparently they had alot of them playfields made but only 200 samples need to check manufacturer date as it may let us know . What is that blue light in the back right I like it and need it lol?maybe just get the ingo clock board its sweet with white face and rgb lights in it

#632 9 years ago

Here the serial number and manufacturing date.

The blue lights are two 4" 6v led strips from cointaker. I hooked them into the GI.

image-577.jpgimage-577.jpg
#633 9 years ago

Zucot,
that looks awesome! CT or pinbulbs? Kit or did you do that LED lighting yourself?

#634 9 years ago

Yea I think u just got the play field because mine is only 20 days later than yours .seems alot of imported tz had them playfields I believe the sampled were months earlier. Unless its a sample repro? Doubt it tho looks original ho about the pop area?I need get some stips was waiting on 6v rgb ones but they didn't work out

#635 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Zucot,
that looks awesome! CT or pinbulbs? Kit or did you do that LED lighting yourself?

Pinbulbs kit all their kits look the same puple double spots are giveaway

#636 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Zucot,

U locate one yet?

#637 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U locate one yet?

Close I have a several offers. I need to decide very soon.

#638 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Bottom outlanes and slings are acutally purple.... then moving to blues up the sides towards the back.

Did you use a kit or buy the LED's individually?
Really like your color scheme and although I like to keep the games original with incandescent bulbs that actually looks really good with your TZ,

Share your secret

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Did you use a kit or buy the LED's individually?
Really like your color scheme and although I like to keep the games original with incandescent bulbs that actually looks really good with your TZ,
Share your secret

Yeah no kit for this.... Just bought a bunch of lights and messed around with it. Bit of a miss mash between Cointaker and pinballbulbs. quite a few led strips, 1 red and 1 blue along the very back, some in the holes and a spotlight added on the left by the pop bumbers. there's an led strip under that plastic that the spotlight is on aswell....

#640 9 years ago

Well it looks superb, really tempting me to LED my TZ,

None of my Bally Williams games have LED's, Do they require non ghosting?

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Well it looks superb, really tempting me to LED my TZ,
None of my Bally Williams games have LED's, Do they require non ghosting?

Depends on rom but I would go non ghosting

#642 9 years ago

The PB kit comes with a light strip that goes in the apron that brings the light up from there onto the flipper area. It really looks nice slightly lit up there as well so may be something you may want to add. Unfortunately I don't have any pics showing that strip other than the blue above the right ramp.

#643 9 years ago

My TZ is fully LEDded out. Nifty frosted, color-matched under every insert, with a few exceptions. LED flashers all around as well.

No ghosting using 9.4H ROMs. I turned off GI dimming to prevent them from flickering.

Also added the 2-flasher door kit & the gumball sparkle kit, both of which were priced reasonably & easy to install & nice products--they're both really sharp.

-Jason

#644 9 years ago

Personally, I'm one for a more 'stock' look.. I dislike the bright blue 'glow' everyone seems to put in their game - to me it washes out some of the artwork and seems to scream 'look at me, I'm lighting everything up!'. (No offense.. it's just not a look I like.)

Now, when I get my PF back, some of the GI lights will be converted to LED, specifically the ones near the back of the field, and other hidden ones. For visible lights (under slingshots, under bottom lane guides, etc) I'll leave those incandescent. Undecided yet on insert lights..

#645 9 years ago

I prefer stock look too.
The bright blue kills the warmth.

Why would anyone like to have an old classic Williams/Bally machine to look like a new Stern machine just because you can.

#646 9 years ago

Because it looks better. old bulbs look like crap. Old yellow lighting .

#647 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Because it looks better. old bulbs look like crap. Old yellow lighting .

Replace your bulbs, don't use #47s. #47s run cooler because they're dimmer. Bulbs with silvering will appear yellower and dimmer. Replace 'em. With new, good bulbs, it looks fantastic.

#648 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Replace your bulbs, don't use #44s. #44s run cooler because they're dimmer. Bulbs with silvering will appear yellower and dimmer. Replace 'em. With new, good bulbs, it looks fantastic.

Um, I think you might have a typo there.

#649 9 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Um, I think you might have a typo there.

*facepalm* Yeah, sorry, jeez. That's what I get for not having my caffiene in the morning.

#650 9 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a blue clock housing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 132.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.