IMG_5105 (resized).jpeg
twilight-zone-escape-clause-youre-the-devil-1_resize.gif
IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
20240227_093351 (resized).jpg
Eddy board (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.44.39 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 5.00.06 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 302.
#6251 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm sure everyone knew this but me, but was playing my TZ tonight and when you are in the multi-ball where you hit jackpot with the piano shot, if you hit the Powerball in there it doubles your jackpot. Got 70 million tonight from that. Just another cool thing I never knew about the game.

Yup, also start with a higher jackpot value by locking 3 balls before starting MB

#6252 5 years ago

Having issues with the right ramp (switch 73) not working. It doesn't recognize a ball when going by both sensors. Any ideas? Maybe the sensors need to be replaced? The game is useless playing without that ramp working as it gets stuck at the ramp catch before the mini PF.

#6253 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm sure everyone knew this but me, but was playing my TZ tonight and when you are in the multi-ball where you hit jackpot with the piano shot, if you hit the Powerball in there it doubles your jackpot. Got 70 million tonight from that. Just another cool thing I never knew about the game.

I didn't know that!

#6254 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Also, when you Defeat The Power with the Powerball, it will 4x the power award instead of the normal 2x.

#6255 5 years ago
Quoted from apscarpelli:

Having issues with the right ramp (switch 73) not working. It doesn't recognize a ball when going by both sensors. Any ideas? Maybe the sensors need to be replaced? The game is useless playing without that ramp working as it gets stuck at the ramp catch before the mini PF.

You meaning the ramp to the power? The opto and the Power Entrance switch?

Or are you meaning the Main Ramp, and the ramp entrance and ramp made switches?

If the latter, you simply have a plug disconnected under the playfield. If it's the former, then you have two different issues going on..

#6256 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You meaning the ramp to the power? The opto and the Power Entrance switch?
Or are you meaning the Main Ramp, and the ramp entrance and ramp made switches?
If the latter, you simply have a plug disconnected under the playfield. If it's the former, then you have two different issues going on..

Just know it's the ramp that goes to the Mini Playfield.

#6257 5 years ago
Quoted from apscarpelli:

Just know it's the ramp that goes to the Mini Playfield.

that's it, the mini-playfield is "The Power"

#6258 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Also, when you Defeat The Power with the Powerball, it will 4x the power award instead of the normal 2x.

I’m confused. How do you defeat the power with the powerball, since the powerball isn’t magnetic? How do you sling it around the mini-playfield?

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I’m confused. How do you defeat the power with the powerball, since the powerball isn’t magnetic? How do you sling it around the mini-playfield?

The powerball isnt supposed to end up on the miniPF. The game should detect it and dump it out via the diverter

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I’m confused too. I thought to beat the power you need to drop the ball through the top of the mini-PF?

How do defeat without doing that (or more simply, how do you defeat the power with the ceramic ball?)

[im going to take a guess that you need both a steel ball AND the ceramic on the PF and you pray the steel ball smacks the ceramic into the upper hole?]

#6261 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The powerball isnt supposed to end up on the miniPF. The game should detect it and dump it out via the diverter

You've got me thinking now..

During Powerball Mania the powerball is in the gumball machine, since that's what starts it.

If just the Powerball is in play then the game won't raise the diverter to let it onto the mini-PF. The exception to this would be of course would be if it doesn't know it's a Powerball (the infamous "check switch 26 trough proximity" problem)

During regular multi-ball the powerball could be somewhere on the playfield, if it's already out, I'm not sure what happens there. Is the mini-PF even available during multi-ball (i.e. all balls diverted) ?

#6262 5 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

I’m confused too. I thought to beat the power you need to drop the ball through the top of the mini-PF?
How do defeat without doing that (or more simply, how do you defeat the power with the ceramic ball?)

I do know that you can shoot the camera shot when a ball is on the mini pf to collect the jackpot. There is no exit switch on the mini pf so the game thinks you beat it. Thus you could shoot the powerball in the camera and the game might think you beat the mini pf with it. I don't see how it would be designed that way since it would impossible to legitimately do that.

#6263 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

During Powerball Mania the powerball is in the gumball machine, since that's what starts it.
If just the Powerball is in play then the game won't raise the diverter to let it onto the mini-PF. The exception to this would be of course would be if it doesn't know it's a Powerball (the infamous "check switch 26 trough proximity" problem)
During regular multi-ball the powerball could be somewhere on the playfield, if it's already out, I'm not sure what happens there. Is the mini-PF even available during multi-ball (i.e. all balls diverted) ?

Yes the miniPF is available, although the PowerBall shouldn’t be allowed up there. Occasionally it sneaks past - that happened to me yesterday. The ball will just drain

#6264 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

#6265 5 years ago

I have a couple questions about fasteners sizes/types/etc, and hope someone knows the answers..

First, what fastener/config is used to attach the right ramp to the powerfield? This is right after the bridge diverter as the wireform leads onto the mini-of. Mine just has the hole but nothing there to hold it, so not sure of screw size/type/length, and what’s on the underside also.

Also, what screw size and length are those mini Philips screws that attach ramp flaps to the main playfield?

#6266 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes the miniPF is available, although the PowerBall shouldn’t be allowed up there. Occasionally it sneaks past - that happened to me yesterday. The ball will just drain

If the Powerball is amongst the other balls during multi all how would the switch leading to the mini-PF know which ball hit it?

#6267 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

If the Powerball is amongst the other balls during multi all how would the switch leading to the mini-PF know which ball hit it?

I am not 100% sure but I believe there must be an eddy sensor around the right ramp entrance; if the ball trips the entrance switch but not the eddy sensor, it knows it’s a metal ball

#6268 5 years ago

It doesn't know, that's why in multiball you can get a Powerball to the Powerfield... you just can't do anything with it...

UNLESS... you got a steel ball up there as well and bounced the Powerball into the Power with the steel ball. BOOM 4X POWER!!

#6269 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It doesn't know, that's why in multiball you can get a Powerball to the Powerfield... you just can't do anything with it...
UNLESS... you got a steel ball up there as well and bounced the Powerball into the Power with the steel ball. BOOM 4X POWER!!

Oh damn, well there you go!

#6270 5 years ago
Quoted from DW3000:

I have a couple questions about fasteners sizes/types/etc, and hope someone knows the answers..
First, what fastener/config is used to attach the right ramp to the powerfield? This is right after the bridge diverter as the wireform leads onto the mini-of. Mine just has the hole but nothing there to hold it, so not sure of screw size/type/length, and what’s on the underside also.
Also, what screw size and length are those mini Philips screws that attach ramp flaps to the main playfield?

It's just a machine screw... look at the manual for specs possibly or just fit one. It sits recessed in the hole and just threads into the wireform itself if memory serves. Probably a 32 thread count screw.. maybe a #8

#6271 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's just a machine screw... look at the manual for specs possibly or just fit one. It sits recessed in the hole and just threads into the wireform itself if memory serves. Probably a 32 thread count screw.. maybe a #8

Yeah that’s one I can’t track down in the manual - doesnt seem to list in either the handbook, manual, or grey parts catalog.

I’m also curious if it has an integrated star/lock washer in the fastener, too..

#6272 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

that's it, the mini-playfield is "The Power"

Any idea how to fix this?

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

You guys are WAY overthinking my joke.
It was a joke.
Seriously. (Though, thinking about it - it WOULD be an awesome Easter Egg.)

Anyways, yeah - normally, software won't let the powerball enter the powerfield. But there are cases - bad prox switch, multiball, LITZ - where it can get up there. But it doesn't award anything magical.

#6274 5 years ago
Quoted from apscarpelli:

Any idea how to fix this?

Do the sensors register in test? I am assuming you are talking about optos and not the ramp entrance switch (I am not in front of the game, I don’t remember what the config is like)

Check the fuses that might be powering those optos. Is anything else not working?

If the optos register in test mode with just your hand, then take a ball and pass it back and forth on the ramp to get it to register. If it’s totally dead you may need a more thorough check of the opto boards under the PF. You prob have the 7+7 opto boards (2 boards each with 7 possible opto connections) and you may want to lift the PF and check conndctionsto that board. Maybe something fell off. Check for bad solder, cracks, etc. too.

#6275 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You guys are WAY overthinking my joke.
It was a joke.
Seriously. (Though, thinking about it - it WOULD be an awesome Easter Egg.)
Anyways, yeah - normally, software won't let the powerball enter the powerfield. But there are cases - bad prox switch, multiball, LITZ - where it can get up there. But it doesn't award anything magical.

LOL totally missed that

#6276 5 years ago
Quoted from DW3000:

Yeah that’s one I can’t track down in the manual - doesnt seem to list in either the handbook, manual, or grey parts catalog.
I’m also curious if it has an integrated star/lock washer in the fastener, too..

It mounts to wood, so it would be a washer, not star or lock in anyway. Sorry, I pulled up the manual afterwards and see they don't show the wireform in the mini PF drawing. I don't have the game open right now, but it's nothing special in my example. Just get a panhead screw about 1" long that fits

#6277 5 years ago

I believe it's a #10 or #8 thread, 1/2" length. It should have a finned washer.
It does not screw into the wood, the powerfield should have a countersunk hole that the screw goes into, and screws into the flag on the ramp, holding it tightly against the underside of the playfield.

#6278 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Here is the back side. He is connected in two spots.
[quoted image]

Awesome

#6279 5 years ago

Finished working on the new Topper for TZ.

4E7F09E8-9281-48A6-913F-FD7C080A4282 (resized).jpeg4E7F09E8-9281-48A6-913F-FD7C080A4282 (resized).jpeg699F6962-F056-44A7-BB08-92CE2BBCE075 (resized).jpeg699F6962-F056-44A7-BB08-92CE2BBCE075 (resized).jpeg768E4B3B-7D9C-40EF-99FF-A09FA5FC27EA (resized).jpeg768E4B3B-7D9C-40EF-99FF-A09FA5FC27EA (resized).jpegCC938ABB-03F3-4364-B883-A34B279893E0 (resized).jpegCC938ABB-03F3-4364-B883-A34B279893E0 (resized).jpeg
#6280 5 years ago

My upper Playfield lower exit optos are not working. I tried 3 different opto boards on it so that is not the problem. I also changed out the optos themselves.

#6281 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

My upper Playfield lower exit optos are not working. I tried 3 different opto boards on it so that is not the problem. I also changed out the optos themselves.

Not much left - Trace your wiring, check fuse

#6282 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Tried that first. The viewing angle was wrong. Couldn't see the face while playing. My next choice was next to Robbie in the middle back. That was ok but the two toys were kind of close to each other.

how about way in the back, inside the cabinet, out of sight.

#6283 5 years ago
Quoted from Kensurfs:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love that reproduction. Great Topper. I've seen them, but they are not cheap. I went with a mini-me version. I only have two other mod toys on my game, but I couldn't resist The Mystic Seer. Bought a bobble-head [I think the RED ones are hard to get now???], added lights, and mounted on a Cliffy Robby bracket. Went with a big, lighted [inside and out] TZ Alien with a plasma disc behind it for a topper. Both hooked up to controlled lights. I also did a replacement back board with twinkling stars - subtle, but I like the effect. Familiarity breeds contempt, spare time breeds TZ mods...

TZ (resized).jpgTZ (resized).jpgtz2 (resized).jpgtz2 (resized).jpg
#6284 5 years ago
Quoted from Kensurfs:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really really nice!

Show us how it fits on the back box!

Did you molded that head by yourself??

#6285 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

I love that reproduction. Great Topper. I've seen them, but they are not cheap. I went with a mini-me version. I only have two other mod toys on my game, but I couldn't resist The Mystic Seer. Bought a bobble-head [I think the RED ones are hard to get now???], added lights, and mounted on a Cliffy Robby bracket. Went with a big, lighted [inside and out] TZ Alien with a plasma disc behind it for a topper. Both hooked up to controlled lights. I also did a replacement back board with twinkling stars - subtle, but I like the effect. Familiarity breeds contempt, spare time breeds TZ mods...
[quoted image][quoted image]

only two mods other than the head? plasma disk and alien on top (ok we'll call that one), twinkling backboard, thats 2. What about the clock target mod thats in the pic, or the color (changer most likey) behind the door in the backbox, and the TV thats partially in the picture? admit it, your game is covered with tacky TZ mods like they all are.

#6286 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

only two mods other than the head? plasma disk and alien on top (ok we'll call that one), twinkling backboard, thats 2. What about the clock target mod thats in the pic, or the color (changer most likey) behind the door in the backbox, and the TV thats partially in the picture? admit it, your game is covered with tacky TZ mods like they all are.

Wow dude.

#6287 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Really really nice!
Show us how it fits on the back box!
Did you molded that head by yourself??

I’ll show you picks once I mount it in the backbox. I bought the head from eBay

#6288 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome

#6289 5 years ago

my buy in button is not lighting up. i changed the diode 1N004 and kept the polarity with the cathode end connected to the red/purple wire. when i stick an led in it the bulb barely lights up (i measure about 2 volts across the outlet) if i measure the voltage behind the diode it is measuring about 7 volts. any ideas? I resoldered the wires in case it was a bad solder joint but to no avail...

#6290 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

my buy in button is not lighting up. i changed the diode 1N004 and kept the polarity with the cathode end connected to the red/purple wire. when i stick an led in it the bulb barely lights up (i measure about 2 volts across the outlet) if i measure the voltage behind the diode it is measuring about 7 volts. any ideas? I resoldered the wires in case it was a bad solder joint but to no avail...

Try the bulb in the start switch in the buy in switch, I thought different bulbs were used in start buttons compared to gi, can’t recall the number, I could be wrong.

#6291 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Have you also tried just a standard incandescent #555 bulb to test if that lights at all?

#6292 5 years ago

tried an original 555 bulb and does not work. used the light in the start button and it doesnt work in the buy in button slot. when i measure the voltage in the socket i am only getting abou 1.5 volts max. If i measure the voltage in front of the diode i get 7 volts. I used a 1n4004 diode is that the correct diode. not sure what else to check here? any help greatly appreciated!

#6293 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

tried an original 555 bulb and does not work. used the light in the start button and it doesnt work in the buy in button slot. when i measure the voltage in the socket i am only getting abou 1.5 volts max. If i measure the voltage in front of the diode i get 7 volts. I used a 1n4004 diode is that the correct diode. not sure what else to check here? any help greatly appreciated!

The bulb should be a 555. Funny, I don't remember a diode on that switch. I'll check mine out tomorrow.

#6294 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a jpg file of the questions card or the "1c Mystic seer" emblem so I can print it out? I'm building a topper.

Thanks!!!

#6295 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Take a peek at J135 and J136 on the power driver board. Everything good there? If the Start button lights up, but not the buy-in button, I'd be suspicious of J135-8. Refer to Page 3-34 in the manual.

#6296 5 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Anyone know where I can get a jpg file of the questions card or the "1c Mystic seer" emblem so I can print it out? I'm building a topper.
Thanks!!!

Check this site:
http://www.mysticseer.com/the-mystic-seer

The guy behind is is named Daniel Livingston, he is a very friendly guy and engineer, and I believe he owns a Williams Space Shuttle to boot!

#6297 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

So the buy in button has a diode while the start button does not. Interesting. Anyway, I bet your socket is just flaky. Install a known good 555 bulb and start the light test for that light only. Jiggle the terminals on the back of the buy in switch while the test is running. I bet you can get it to work. Seems like those sockets are a little unreliable in my opinion. If that doesn't work you have a broken wire or a bad transistor.

20180911_120529 (resized).jpg20180911_120529 (resized).jpg
#6298 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Check this site:
http://www.mysticseer.com/the-mystic-seer
The guy behind is is named Daniel Livingston, he is a very friendly guy and engineer, and I believe he owns a Williams Space Shuttle to boot!

Thanks for the info! I emailed him that i’m interested in building one

#6299 5 years ago

Undocumented HUO Twilight Zone up for auction in Canada this Saturday Sept 15. You can bid online.
Also a nice condition Adams Family, 1950 Gotllieb Knock Out, 1951 Minstrel Man, Mrs. Pac-Man / Galaga Anniversary Video Game.

https://www.millerandmillerauctions.com/catalog.aspx?searchby=3&searchvalue=pinball

https://www.millerandmillerauctions.com/Ms__Pac_Man___Galaga_Arcade_Machine-LOT5716.aspx

#6300 5 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Thanks!!!

I’ll check when I get home. A guy on Facebook has a page with a few cards. I printed them for mine.

BF5C138F-3CA2-4530-91B8-3CE5DFDD89B3 (resized).jpegBF5C138F-3CA2-4530-91B8-3CE5DFDD89B3 (resized).jpegCB5BF45A-AF74-4598-9659-93DBF4C6004F (resized).jpegCB5BF45A-AF74-4598-9659-93DBF4C6004F (resized).jpegEE3CF9A5-2C74-40D9-82F8-960745B38B1A (resized).jpegEE3CF9A5-2C74-40D9-82F8-960745B38B1A (resized).jpegF03BFB93-4525-45B1-9A41-D90DDA13F1C6 (resized).jpegF03BFB93-4525-45B1-9A41-D90DDA13F1C6 (resized).jpeg

C311F7FD-D696-4840-A9B7-C02A141F2985 (resized).jpegC311F7FD-D696-4840-A9B7-C02A141F2985 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lebanon, NJ
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 29.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/126?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.