IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 305.
#6201 5 years ago

Hello, recently purchased a TZ and added an LED kit, but having problem locating flasher #37. When I run flasher test nothing lights up. I know manual says upper right flipper, so is this the socket behind the load gum ball plastic? Thanks

#6202 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Hello, recently purchased a TZ and added an LED kit, but having problem locating flasher #37. When I run flasher test nothing lights up. I know manual says upper right flipper, so is this the socket behind the load gum ball plastic? Thanks

This used to throw me off too. There is a flasher under the plastic immediately to the rear of the upper right flipper. It’s just a blue plastic under the “gum ball “ sign

#6203 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Slowly starting a shop out ... while inspecting under the playfield i saw this... GULP!
Should I be concerned?!?!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I thought of Loyd Christmas immediately when I saw that sticker... as long as birds heads are not falling off and sampsonite brief cases still exist, I think you’re good

#6204 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This used to throw me off too. There is a flasher under the plastic immediately to the rear of the upper right flipper. It’s just a blue plastic under the “gum ball “ sign

This flasher is also known for locking on and melting the plastic above it. Quite why Williams flashers lock on when failing is a mystery to me.

#6205 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

This flasher is also known for locking on and melting the plastic above it. Quite why Williams flashers lock on when failing is a mystery to me.

It’s the transistor failing on the board, not the flasher itself. Coils lock up and melt the same way.

#6206 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It’s the transistor failing on the board, not the flasher itself. Coils lock up and melt the same way.

Fair enough. I meant more than the failure condition for a flasher is that it fails on, melting plastic if left unresolved. I don't know if failing on is something that electronically just happens?

The upper right flipper flasher on TZ is notorious for this.

IMG_5679 (resized).JPGIMG_5679 (resized).JPG

#6207 5 years ago

I wanted to join the club today with my Black and White TZ. I'll have my machine at pinball Expo this year in my booth to view. Project took me longer than expected but happy with the outcome.

20180813_201546 (resized).jpg20180813_201546 (resized).jpg20180813_201727 (resized).jpg20180813_201727 (resized).jpg20180813_201736 (resized).jpg20180813_201736 (resized).jpg
#6208 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Perfect, thanks

#6209 5 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I wanted to join the club today with my Black and White TZ. I'll have my machine at pinball Expo this year in my booth to view. Project took me longer than expected but happy with the outcome.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks even more amazing than I imagined! Good work

#6210 5 years ago

B&W TZ looks awesome!

#6211 5 years ago

There has been a lot of talk about flashers lately and it got me thinking about my game. All my flashers work as they should with a big pop of light when I run the flasher test except one. The one in question is in the light pole. There is actually 2 bulbs that flash when testing that circuit (the one in the bottom of the mini playfield and the one in the light pole). The mini playfield works perfectly while the light pole flasher barely does anything. Is this normal? Thanks in advance.

#6212 5 years ago

No, it's not normal. Presumably you've tried a different bulb? LED flasher or incandescent?

#6213 5 years ago

Yes, I have tried different bulbs both LED and old school with no change.

#6214 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

There has been a lot of talk about flashers lately and it got me thinking about my game. All my flashers work as they should with a big pop of light when I run the flasher test except one. The one in question is in the light pole. There is actually 2 bulbs that flash when testing that circuit (the one in the bottom of the mini playfield and the one in the light pole). The mini playfield works perfectly while the light pole flasher barely does anything. Is this normal? Thanks in advance.

You know, I may be wrong but I could have sworn that my light pole is tied into an insert not a flasher.

#6215 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You know, I may be wrong but I could have sworn that my light pole is tied into an insert not a flasher.

For a moment I thought he meant the street lamp that you often see by the pop bumpers, as that is definitely tied to an insert, but that's a mod.

I believe he means the lamp above the mini playfield which has a flasher and two GI bulbs in it.

The flasher in that works like any other. If it's dim I guess it could be a transistor (Q38) problem but that one handles both flashers so I don't know if it would affect both?

#6216 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Fair enough. I meant more than the failure condition for a flasher is that it fails on, melting plastic if left unresolved. I don't know if failing on is something that electronically just happens?

Transistors that fail to shorting... is a trait of one way they can fail. Since it failed to short, the circuit is connected to ground.. and lamp stays on.

What condition a circuit fails to is a long part of pinball history in terms of highs and lows.. but here since the transistor's job is to complete the circuit, fusing is how they prevent it from becoming catastrophic. But in the case of flashers and plastics... heat usually arrives before the power draw pops the fuse.

#6217 5 years ago

Mod question - too many items plugged to j116???

Has anyone had issues or have a suggestion about the gum ball dazzler mod being used on a TZ that also has a color dmd. My issue is that the color dmd hooks up to pin j116 with a z connector that joins the original harness to j116. No problems.
But the dazzler mod also goes to j116, so that’s 3 harnesses going to that pin. It worked fine for a few days but one day I turned on the machine and it factory reset and the flippers started firing. Then a fuse blew. I unhooked the dazzler from j116 and Machine is playing fine.
Any suggestions?

Ken

#6218 5 years ago

Yeah.
You're drawing too much power.

Lose a mod, or get a 5v/12v power supply.

#6219 5 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that spiral wireform? I've been looking for one

#6220 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Where did you get that spiral wireform? I've been looking for one

Look cooler than it performs in real life.

#6221 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys, i found out that another part is missing in my tz.. it is the little ball scoop in front of the gumball machine.
A friend of mine have sent some pics of his under playfield. It seems to be a 2 part scoop
Am i right?
I only have the lower playfield "cup" part but it is missing the long part that goes throughout the upper playfield..sadly I cannot find any pics of it in the web.. can you help me identifying it? It is indicated by the yellow arrows in the pics I have found here on pinside. Do anyone has a pic of this part unmounted?
Thanks!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No one has an idea of which item number could it have Or do have better pics of a shopped game??

#6222 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

No one has an idea of which item number could it have Or do have better pics of a shopped game??

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-need-help-with-part-placement

i think you are missing the impact bracket part number 01-11207 page 2-48 in the manual

however i did a quick search and couldnt find anyone selling a replacement. you may have to get the measurements and see if you can get a machinist to make you one....

#6223 5 years ago

Just get some raw stock and make it yourself with a vise. Or if feeling adventurous... beg, plead, and throw money at Kerry Stair @mantis amusements and see if he'll make it for you But I know in the past he needs volume to do a part.. but this thing is so dead simple... maybe you'll get him on a generous day.

Me, I'd say get some steel, drill, cutting wheel, file, and a bench vise and just bend it yourself. It's buried under the mini PF, no one sees it.

#6224 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just get some raw stock and make it yourself with a vise. Or if feeling adventurous... beg, plead, and throw money at Kerry Stair @mantis amusements and see if he'll make it for you But I know in the past he needs volume to do a part.. but this thing is so dead simple... maybe you'll get him on a generous day.
Me, I'd say get some steel, drill, cutting wheel, file, and a bench vise and just bend it yourself. It's buried under the mini PF, no one sees it.

It’s worth an ask - Kerry has a lot of TZ parts already, and his stuff is OUTSTANDING

#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-need-help-with-part-placement
i think you are missing the impact bracket part number 01-11207 page 2-48 in the manual
however i did a quick search and couldnt find anyone selling a replacement. you may have to get the measurements and see if you can get a machinist to make you one....

Thank you very much for this link!!! It gives me a huge help! If someone has or can kindly take measurement of this piece maybe I can try to reproduce it!

#6226 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thank you for your suggestions! If I'm able to find the right measurements I can try to reproduce it! Do you know if those parts are in stainless steel or simple iron?

#6227 5 years ago

Part found! Thank you all!

#6228 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Part found! Thank you all!

just for the info where did you find it?

#6229 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

just for the info where did you find it?

A friend had it among his bunch of spare parts now for the series "the endless story" I'm missing the motor assembly from the gumball machine and it seems to be sold out on most of the internet shops or better, the motor can be found but the cyrcle nylon part and the bracket are not..

20180828_091556 (resized).jpg20180828_091556 (resized).jpg20180828_091619 (resized).jpg20180828_091619 (resized).jpg
#6230 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

A friend had it among his bunch of spare parts now for the series "the endless story" I'm missing the motor assembly from the gumball machine and it seems to be sold out on most of the internet shops or better, the motor can be found but the cyrcle nylon part and the bracket are not..[quoted image][quoted image]

have a friend with a 3d printer? you could just print one of the nylon rings

#6231 5 years ago

bought a led set for my TZ off of ebay and when i stuck the flasher bulbs in the blinking backbox holders, the flashers dont blink. any suggestions besides putting back the original bulbs?

#6232 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

bought a led set for my TZ off of ebay and when i stuck the flasher bulbs in the blinking backbox holders, the flashers dont blink. any suggestions besides putting back the original bulbs?

You have to put blinking LED in those lamp holder! Just have a look here https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=42049
Normal LED don't blink!

EDIT if you are talking about flashers I don't know how to help -_-' sorry..

Regarding the nylon circle, sadly I don't have a friend with 3D printer and neither a model/file on my PC of the part that he would have to print..

#6233 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

probably not flashing bulbs? I bought my kit from Comet and they worked great.....

#6234 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

You have to put blinking LED in those lamp holder! Just have a look here https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=42049
Normal LED don't blink!
EDIT if you are talking about flashers I don't know how to help -_-' sorry..
Regarding the nylon circle, sadly I don't have a friend with 3D printer and neither a model/file on my PC of the part that he would have to print..

i have a printer and could print it out and send it to you but i dont have time to design it, you could do it on tinkercad which is pretty easy to use and free.

#6235 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

The blinking bulbs are not flashers nor are they regular LED lamps - you have to buy special "blinking" lamps. the blinking comes from the bulb itself, it is not controlled by the machine. Pinball life sells the original incandescent bulbs, I believe Comet has blinking LEDs

#6236 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The blinking bulbs are not flashers nor are they regular LED lamps - you have to buy special "blinking" lamps. the blinking comes from the bulb itself, it is not controlled by the machine. Pinball life sells the original incandescent bulbs, I believe Comet has blinking LEDs

the ones I received from Comet were blinking LED's. The reason I know this is that the original ones didn't blink so they quickly sent me correct LED's. Makes a big difference using quality LED's ....

#6237 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3005

#6238 5 years ago

I didn't know about the slow blink bulbs. Mine came with regular leds and I never noticed other games flashing. Pinball life says there are supposed to be 8 slow blink bulbs in the backbox. Where do they go?

#6239 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I didn't know about the slow blink bulbs. Mine came with regular leds and I never noticed other games flashing. Pinball life says there are supposed to be 8 slow blink bulbs in the backbox. Where do they go?

Should be in the different colored lamp sockets.

#6240 5 years ago

May just be personal preference, but I used a mix of the slow and fast (OK, medium fast) blinking LEDs on mine. Having all of one kind tended toward them syncing and just looking annoying. I would have to look to recall which I located where, but I was much happier with the results. Much more random looking in appearance as would have been the case with the original incandescent blinking bulbs.

Though I do miss the sound when it is quiet...

#6241 5 years ago

Where does this plugin I cant find a plug

20180831_173940 (resized).jpg20180831_173940 (resized).jpg

#6242 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

[quoted image]

I think that one goes to the switch on the ramp. Here is a couple shots of mine.

20180831_165721 (resized).jpg20180831_165721 (resized).jpg20180831_165855 (resized).jpg20180831_165855 (resized).jpg
#6243 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

[quoted image]

FYI there Is at least 1 (may be 2) plug which does not actually plug in anywhere

#6244 5 years ago

Hey TZ fans. I bought this little guy awhile ago and was trying to figure out where to stick him in the game. He is just static but I think he adds the correct vibe to the game. Took me a while to figure out how to get him to stay in that spot. I finally decided to run stainless steel wire through the inside of his clothes to keep him secure and to hold his pose. I haven't seen one added to a TZ before and thought it looked kind of cool.

#6245 5 years ago

Sorry, the photo was on my phone. Had to make a second post.

20180901_154930 (resized).jpg20180901_154930 (resized).jpg
#6246 5 years ago

Here is the back side. He is connected in two spots.

20180901_153920 (resized).jpg20180901_153920 (resized).jpg
#6247 5 years ago

I would stick him in the base of the cabinet, right at the back.

#6248 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I would stick him in the base of the cabinet, right at the back.

Tried that first. The viewing angle was wrong. Couldn't see the face while playing. My next choice was next to Robbie in the middle back. That was ok but the two toys were kind of close to each other.

#6249 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Tried that first. The viewing angle was wrong. Couldn't see the face while playing. My next choice was next to Robbie in the middle back. That was ok but the two toys were kind of close to each other.

I have this Willy (and Talky Tina; they came in a set). I’d consider a bracket over one of the shots - not a ramp, maybe standing behind the gumbal sign

#6250 5 years ago

I'm sure everyone knew this but me, but was playing my TZ tonight and when you are in the multi-ball where you hit jackpot with the piano shot, if you hit the Powerball in there it doubles your jackpot. Got 70 million tonight from that. Just another cool thing I never knew about the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1,059.00
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 132.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 15,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/125?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.