IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 305.
#551 9 years ago

yeah I set 5 balls, for example..
but I was just wondering how I could set the game to see how good/bad are my scores..
I'm a new pinhead so I really don't know what to expect

#552 9 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

This is my TZ, I made all the mods myself and saved a fortune.

Does the playfield really look completely blue or is that how the pic looks? I can't make out any other color but blue.

#553 9 years ago

Most people set their games to 3 ball, but truly, there is no right or wrong. It's your game, do what you want with it! Besides, EVERY game plays different from the next. No two games play identically. Each has it's own feel, nuances, and strengths. If they were all identical, tournaments would go A LOT quicker!

Now onto a question about my TZ:

I have my replay/extra ball score set at 351M(of course) with a boost of 50M each time it gets reached, like normal. For some reason the last couple of weeks, that replay score has been 693M. I know there's a setting for it being a certain percentage of the high score, but I though when you set the score threshold manually, that takes precedence. I guess I'm wrong, then? What setting puts it back that way?

#554 9 years ago

PB Erie - He has blue LEDs in GI, which washed everything out.

#555 9 years ago

Hey guys -
After recreating the 'removing mini playfield' cabinet decal, I decided to recreate the 'leveling mini playfield' decal as well.

A couple questions for everyone -
(1) Where was this mounted? On playfield? In cabinet?
(2) If I recreate it, would you want the shaded 'dots' in the wood playfield to be exact, or should I apply a better halftone?

Cheers all - I'll post them here once they're both finished.

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys -
After recreating the 'removing mini playfield' cabinet decal, I decided to recreate the 'leveling mini playfield' decal as well.
A couple questions for everyone -
(1) Where was this mounted? On playfield? In cabinet?
(2) If I recreate it, would you want the shaded 'dots' in the wood playfield to be exact, or should I apply a better halftone?
Cheers all - I'll post them here once they're both finished.

Mine is inside the cabinet...on the bottom. I can get a pic in a few days if you want it.

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Mine is inside the cabinet...on the bottom. I can get a pic in a few days if you want it.

If you don't mine, thanks!
My "Removing the Playfield" is in the bottom of the cabinet, but my leveling label fell off many years ago.

#558 9 years ago

I've never seen that sticker. Maybe I was robbed.

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I've never seen that sticker. Maybe I was robbed.

Well, here's one for you to print out, and put.. uhm.. wherever it's supposed to go.

I attached three versions of the Leveling Mini-Playfield - One with the original 'dots' from my label (which is in bad condition, some dots may be missind), one with an even half-tone, and then one with a simple 'grey' in the elevation of the playfield.

The other one attached I had attached in another thread, it's the larger label for removing the Mini Playfield.

They're all free to use, but before making and selling them commercially, contact me.

Level Mini-Playfield (original dots).pdfLevel Mini-Playfield (original dots).pdf Level Mini-Playfield (shading).pdfLevel Mini-Playfield (shading).pdf Removing Mini-Playfield.pdfRemoving Mini-Playfield.pdf Level Mini-Playfield (even halftone).pdfLevel Mini-Playfield (even halftone).pdf
#560 9 years ago

I dont think that mini playfield level sticker is anywhere? I have a huo tz and don't see it anywhere?

#561 9 years ago

Just played TZ again today. Best game ever. In a different league. After all the games I played, call outs and music still do not bother. Uncanny Happy holidays in the Zone!

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I dont think that mini playfield level sticker is anywhere? I have a huo tz and don't see it anywhere?

Really? Huh. I'd originally say that this must have been dropped in production games - HOWEVER, Sample/Prototype Games didn't have adjusting screws..!

You're real close to me. I may have to come up and compare your game to mine.

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Really? Huh. I'd originally say that this must have been dropped in production games - HOWEVER, Sample/Prototype Games didn't have adjusting screws..!
You're real close to me. I may have to come up and compare your game to mine.

Yea I have the one for the removal of the mini playfield but nothing for adjusting it? Where do u think it would go? Your welcome to come hang and play and talk pins anytime

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Well, here's one for you to print out, and put.. uhm.. wherever it's supposed to go.

Thanks, just not sure what to do with it.

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Thanks, just not sure what to do with it.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea I have the one for the removal of the mini playfield but nothing for adjusting it? Where do u think it would go? Your welcome to come hang and play and talk pins anytime

Me neither! That's why I asked. I do have a location on the underside of my playfield that is discolored and about in the size of the decal - when I get home tonight I'll get a closer look..
Since the label has an arrow surrounding the text, I figure it had to go somewhere that the arrow pointed to, but that's not really possible since the arrow is pointing to the right (meaning the decal would have to have been on the mini playfield?!)

I'll send you a PM - maybe if/when I do come up to take a look at your games, I'll bring my blue powerball, and see how good you are with it.

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Me neither! That's why I asked. I do have a location on the underside of my playfield that is discolored and about in the size of the decal - when I get home tonight I'll get a closer look..
Since the label has an arrow surrounding the text, I figure it had to go somewhere that the arrow pointed to, but that's not really possible since the arrow is pointing to the right (meaning the decal would have to have been on the mini playfield?!)
I'll send you a PM - maybe if/when I do come up to take a look at your games, I'll bring my blue powerball, and see how good you are with it.

Tz is the only game im really good at in my collection lol ive put so many games on it but that blue would be and difficult Givin my leds

#567 9 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a pinbits gumball mod? Sold out on their site...

#568 9 years ago

Pretty sure my mini playfield leveling sticker is on the raised wood piece that sits inside the cab next to the transformer. Will confirm tomorrow.

#569 9 years ago

Mine never came with one but was restored so who knows. They did install a new UP removal sticker though.

Did see this on eBay so maybe they were just a loose sticker and you place it where you want?

image-726.jpgimage-726.jpg
#570 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Mine never came with one but was restored so who knows. They did install a new UP removal sticker though.
Did see this on eBay so maybe they were just a loose sticker and you place it where you want?
image-726.jpg 76 KB

Well, considering how many of us had loose stickers - or stickers not in the game, at least - it's looking more and more likely.

#571 9 years ago

Mine was in the manual, as a sort of an addendum (loose sheet, put in after printing).
So indeed more and more likely

#572 9 years ago

Hey guys -
If someone can look at their game - Does your Start or Extra Ball buttons have a molex plug in the wires, about 4 inches from the button? (i.e. Crimp terminals onto the switch/light housing, and then straight into a 4-pin Molex plug?)

If so, can you grab a shot of that, and let me know which wires are in which pins? The molex plug on mine (I do have one) wasn't done properly, so at some point messing with the wire harness, all the pins came out. D'oh.

Thanks!
-Mike

#573 9 years ago

I lost all of my shopout pictures, so I am putting everything back by memory. So far, so good, but I can't find any pictures on theteardown.com for this plastic. Can someone tell me where this goes?

Thanks!

GS-TZ31-1765-33L.jpgGS-TZ31-1765-33L.jpg
#574 9 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

I lost all of my shopout pictures, so I am putting everything back by memory. So far, so good, but I can't find any pictures on theteardown.com for this plastic. Can someone tell me where this goes?
Thanks!

GS-TZ31-1765-33L.jpg 4 KB

It goes on the upper left of the mini-playfield...the notch is for the lamp.

#575 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

It goes on the upper left of the mini-playfield...the notch is for the lamp.

Thanks!

Ok, last one. Is this one even used?

GS-TZ31-1765-15L.jpgGS-TZ31-1765-15L.jpg

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

Thanks!

GS-TZ31-1765-15L.jpg 2 KB

This is the Spiral Sign that was left off the production pins. It sits above the entrance to the left spiral loop.

lamp.jpglamp.jpg
#577 9 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

Thanks!

GS-TZ31-1765-15L.jpg 2 KB

Quoted from TrainH2o:

This is the Spiral Sign that was left off the production pins. It sits above the entrance to the left spiral loop.

lamp.jpg 58 KB

Oh, can one of you scan yours for me? I lost mine in a GA -> MD move, and want to get it back on the game! It means making my own, of course, but I need a scan first.

Thanks!!

#578 9 years ago

If anyone knows anyone that would have a populated tz play field please pm me. Condition of pf don't matter as long parts are good.

#579 9 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy the plastic plugs for the pop bumper holes?

#580 9 years ago

Bump to the front page. Too much TBL talk.

#581 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Oh, can one of you scan yours for me? I lost mine in a GA -> MD move, and want to get it back on the game! It means making my own, of course, but I need a scan first.

I am not going to use mine (the spiral sign plastic). PM me your address and I will send it to you.

#582 9 years ago

I don't have the spiral sign in my TZ, but Marco has the blank plastic. You'll have to use water slide decals to make the lettering.

#583 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I don't have the spiral sign in my TZ, but Marco has the blank plastic. You'll have to use water slide decals to make the lettering.

That was exactly why I asked for a scan, actually! However, Matt offered his since he's not using it.

Interesting, his does not have the text on it - I can honestly say in all the research I've done that I haven't seen that before.

Edit: Now I see that piece in Marco's catalog, without the text. Huh!

#584 9 years ago

Yes, it's a bit funny to see the plastic for sale new, without the text.

#585 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Yes, it's a bit funny to see the plastic for sale new, without the text.

I have the font, so I'll likely print out a water-slide decal and place it over top.

#586 9 years ago

Unrelated to the sign, I'd like to point out -
In relation to GLM's new Door Panel PCB, which has the flashers in all four door panels, the flashers aren't "factory" correct. After talking to him about it, I was able to confirm that the bottom two just mimick the top two, but flipped. (BALL & LOCK 1, GUM & LOCK2).

Originally, the lower two flashers were wired to:
Lower Left - Solenoid #17 (Pop Bumpers)
Lower Right - Solenoid #37 (Upper Right Flipper)

--Me.

#587 9 years ago

New TZ topper- with white flashing LEDS, blue EL wire around the sign and remote control with 8 modes. You can control the speed of the flashing dots (stars) and choose your preferred mode (fade, flash, strobe and more).
Very easy to install- no soldering, plug and play into the machine.

Also available as a wall sign.

DSC06914.JPGDSC06914.JPG

What do you think?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-topper-lior-rajwanmezelmods#post-2125616

(Note sign is black with white lettering and stars-- purple show in video is the light in the game room)

#589 9 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Anyone here not having optos as flipper switches on TZ?
I have leaf switches and I wonder if that's maybe an early version of TZ.

Mine also has leaf switches instead of optos for the flippers. My game was reimported from Italy and I assume it was just a hack from the operator there. They work fine (after changing one broken one out) so I haven't bothered to change them back to original.

#590 9 years ago

Looking at buying a TZ. Game looks pretty good except for this post between the flippers. How much would this detract value relative to a game without it? I figure I'd remove it, plug it with something black and put Mylar over the hole, won't affect play. The game is sub $5k. Thx

I think the post is there because earlier versions of code didn't have much of a ball save.

image-819.jpgimage-819.jpg
#591 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looking at buying a TZ. Game looks pretty good except for this post between the flippers. How much would this detract value relative to a game without it? I figure I'd remove it, plug it with something black and put Mylar over the hole, won't affect play. The game is sub $5k. Thx
I think the post is there because earlier versions of code didn't have much of a ball save.

image-819.jpg 349 KB

Hard to say without us seeing more pics. It would detract value to me by a chunk, but if you get it at a good enough price and the machine is overall complete and working, put a new PF in it and have a really nice machine. How is the rest of the machine? Lots of PF wear, boards in good shape, weldment ok or broken, cabinet art faded, etc?

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How much would this detract value relative to a game without it?

Uff having a hole in the PF would take it down hundreds for me.

It's there because whomever did it sucks at pinball and desecrated a nice machine (nice outline posts).
But yeah without seeing the rest of it it's hard to tell. Inlane switch hole is blown out pretty well so machine might have other issues.

#593 9 years ago

here's some more pics...it looks pretty nice to me overall and owner has been very easy to deal with, couple of things here and there. I'd add LEDs to it, fix some plastics, couple of cliffys, not much more. I'm not looking for CQ, just a nice game overall. I'm mostly after the post hole, as that bothers me a bit and I don't want to have issues when/if I decide to sell down the road.

00S0S_d9oZlt4kYui_600x450.jpg00S0S_d9oZlt4kYui_600x450.jpg
00i0i_glnrWFpsp3h_600x450.jpg00i0i_glnrWFpsp3h_600x450.jpg
100_2588.JPG100_2588.JPG
100_2589.JPG100_2589.JPG
00707_gwFdqKgC63E_600x450.jpg00707_gwFdqKgC63E_600x450.jpg
00909_6Nyk1xffTy4_600x450.jpg00909_6Nyk1xffTy4_600x450.jpg

00x0x_bgrvGfqkW3a_600x450.jpg00x0x_bgrvGfqkW3a_600x450.jpg

#594 9 years ago

Cabinet has some fade, lock bar hole in front, either scratches in PF or just wax/dirt, broken slot plastic, needs a shop, target foam's shot, etc. Nothing that would detract me personally, but it's not a 5k+ TZ.

Some others on here should be able to find some other things I missed. If all else was fine (boards good, no hacks, completed and 100% working) I would say 4k would be my personal top for this one and would throw a PF in it and honestly that would be a bit too much to spend.

#595 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I would say 4k would be my personal top for this one and would throw a PF in it and honestly that would be a bit too much to spend.

It's not the prettiest TZ I've seen that's for sure. I might buy it for 4 though if it was clean inside...I'm ASSuming the garbage on the PF is just Novus....some wear around inserts etc.

#596 9 years ago

inside pic...not looking for CQ here, just looking to be able to play it and maybe be lucky enough to get my money back down the road. Are you guys saying that $4k is the tops this machine can fetch?

What I'm seeing out there is some pretty high priced TZ's lately, most are $6k and up. if this one is between 4 and 5k, that leaves quite a bit of room to make improvements if desired.

00r0r_bJSLgwrrAMJ_600x450.jpg00r0r_bJSLgwrrAMJ_600x450.jpg
#597 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What I'm seeing out there is some pretty high priced TZ's lately, most are $6k and up. if this one is between 4 and 5k, that leaves quite a bit of room to make improvements if desired.

I don't see most as 6K. Boston has the price @ 3700ish for what that's worth. Remember, TZ are usually dolled up with mods that can move the price upwards. I think you could get/pay more than 4K for it, I just don't know if I would...But yeah i already own one. I just don;t like the idea of having to fill a gaping hole right in the middle of the flippers. But if you can get passed that it's fine.

#598 9 years ago

Yea you can get a very nice tz for 5 to 5500 and then a average one for 4500 to 5 but the one in the pics is rough for a tz most are pretty decent as they didn't get played a bunch in the 90s. I would say 4200 at most and if you need sell down the road may be a tough sell because there are so many nice ones.?

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

inside pic...not looking for CQ here,

It's a lot to do with how much work you want to put in. I can tell you now, from that small picture of the inside that is trying not to show us anything, seems to me to be PURE BLACK subways. This means it's going to take a very long time to clean up and get spiffy.
Some people like that, and I kind of do. But it's a question of value there.

#600 9 years ago

Thanks guys, really appreciate hearing your views. Looks like I may pass on this one, the post bothers me and while Im happy to do some work. I don't want to spend all my time doing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 12.95
$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 1,059.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.