IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 305.
#5801 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Keeping it short, since this is kinda off-topic, but found an error in my logic on the Ticket side, which *may* explain why, after connecting it up, I couldn't get the game to activate any outputs. With a jumper that I'll solder into place tonight, we'll see if that helps. Still can't test the serial part until i get my 8251A UART. So that will be a little ways off still.

You sir; win the mad scientist award

#5802 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You sir; win the mad scientist award

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, this little board will *NOT* help me rule the world.

#5803 5 years ago

I have to admit that I have not made it to lost in the zone in over a year and have not been reaching 1 billion in a game, even though I play TZ at home and in tournaments a lot. I changed up my strategy yesterday.

Normally when the ball is on the left flipper, I go for the robot lock shot to keep in practice on that tight shot. I consider it safer than shooting at the right orbit or slot machine. Yesterday I played some games, shooting the right orbit more often, and viola! Made it to LITZ twice with two games >1.5 billion points each.

#5804 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, this little board will *NOT* help me rule the world.

I am such an effin' geek. I found a MUCH cheaper alternative for a telnet/Ethernet serial connection. (Like, an additional $14 instead of $60.) On top of that, the chip supports opening files on an SD card, and writing text to it. So, have your game keep a weekly log on an SD card. In a year, download the files and check out how you've been improving.

#5805 5 years ago

Saw this on eBay. Great price. Cincinnati Ohio.

Twilight zone pinball machine AS-IS local pickup only ebay.com link: 0

#5806 5 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Twilight zone pinball machine AS-IS local pickup only

Says 'great condition' but from the 4 poor photos you can see the left side of the back box looks bad, the lock down bar has bolts through it, and the playfield is grimy. You could do better.

#5807 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Says 'great condition' but from the 4 poor photos you can see the left side of the back box looks bad, the lock down bar has bolts through it, and the playfield is grimy. You could do better.

I have one, paid 6k fo mine. Thinking someone could fix it up.

#5808 5 years ago

That machine is noticeably filthy. The playfield has lines of grime on it. The flipper rubbers don't match, and the red ones are clearly worn. The cabinet is pretty trashy. It's very clearly been neglected, I'd beware.

#5809 5 years ago

Cheap coloured beads out, a quick clean, then shiny translite-matching pachinko balls in, followed by the Pinbits Gumball lighting mod:

043AEC2B-816B-4075-B33E-3DCD265CA8C6 (resized).jpeg043AEC2B-816B-4075-B33E-3DCD265CA8C6 (resized).jpeg

BDC07214-459B-4902-AFEB-EAF48E9836B3 (resized).jpegBDC07214-459B-4902-AFEB-EAF48E9836B3 (resized).jpeg

3334649F-070A-4EE0-937B-883D21CB0BBB (resized).jpeg3334649F-070A-4EE0-937B-883D21CB0BBB (resized).jpeg

#5810 5 years ago

The pachinko balls look much better than the beads.

#5811 5 years ago

Looking to 'upgrade' my Powerfield lamp.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Looking at:

45Eur - https://pinballmod.com/producto/the-lamp/

or

$164.99 (+ UK customs tax charges) - http://www.pinballdecals.com/TwilightZoneLampPage.html

I could buy 4 of the former for just 1 of that latter! The PD one does look nice, but very expensive...

#5812 5 years ago

The first has no lamp sockets, would need to do the work and un-rivet and re-rivet the sockets and wiring over. It DOES, however, come with a diffusing filter, which would make the design stand out more evenly.
The second has the sockets, but you would still need to desolder and bring the wiring harness over. It comes with a *clear* non-diffusing blue filter.

If I were to get one, I'd go for the first - the diffusing filter would be really nice.

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Looking at:
or
$164.99 (+ UK customs tax charges) - http://www.pinballdecals.com/TwilightZoneLampPage.html
I could buy 4 of the former for just 1 of that latter! The PD one does look nice, but very expensive...

#5813 5 years ago

Maybe I’m alone here, but I never saw the attraction in those lamp mods? I’d much rather see some kind of light strip mod that lets those lamps be removed forever.

Also, pinball decals is almost always a massive rip off.

However, the GLM powerfield switches that get rid of the big grey covers, now THAT’S a great mod!

#5814 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Looking at:
or

Stop reading my mind damn you!

I've been looking at exactly the same thing. The former is also on eBay if you're interested, for the same price.

As Coyote said - you'd need to get the lamp sockets riveted to the first one, not sure if that's something you're happy to do (I couldn't do it). Big price difference between the two though, there's really nothing to justify the $164.99 cost of the latter other than it being a price some people seem apparently willing to spend. No way is that even remotely close to the parts cost.

#5815 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Stop reading my mind damn you!
I've been looking at exactly the same thing. The former is also on eBay if you're interested, for the same price.
As Coyote said - you'd need to get the lamp sockets riveted to the first one, not sure if that's something you're happy to do (I couldn't do it). Big price difference between the two though, there's really nothing to justify the $164.99 cost of the latter other than it being a price some people seem apparently willing to spend. No way is that even remotely close to the parts cost.

Sorry!

Went for the 1st one, at that price it’s a no-brainer! Plus I got 5% off (not sure why) and it seems delivery is free?! So just under £40 all in.

I’ll use some tiny nuts/bolts that I bought ages ago for such rivet-replacing situations. And probably use new lamp sockets as they’re cheap enough, so it’s just a wire cut and resolder.

Asked for red, white and blue coloured options so I can decide which one I like. Awaiting a reply to that request still though. EDIT: they said no problem.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

However, the GLM powerfield switches that get rid of the big grey covers, now THAT’S a great mod!

It is, totally agree. I’ve put it on hold for now though, just a because I can do it later without too much disruption. Like the lamp really, but that won!

#5816 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Quoted from thedoctor:

That machine is noticeably filthy. The playfield has lines of grime on it. The flipper rubbers don't match, and the red ones are clearly worn. The cabinet is pretty trashy. It's very clearly been neglected, I'd beware.

Funny, that's almost the exact condition I bought mine in years ago. Got it for $3400 after talking him down for the cost to replace the lockdown bar. Much cleaning, some fixing, and lots of love later, it plays 100% and looks fantastic, playfield-wise. The cabinet has seen better days, sure, but it makes it worry-free for when I have to move it or bring it to shows. If I had fully restored it, it'd never leave the house. Cabinet work is the last thing on my list since it's basic woodworking stuff. Making a TZ play 100% error-free for the last 4+ years is the larger achievement to be most proud of.

Given the way prices are going these days, that TZ on eBay is a decent deal if the price doesn't get bid up too much more. DMD works and looks nice, the clock works(look at the time on it and the time the auction was posted, then factor in a few minutes to post the auction), all of the GI works, looks like the attract mode is working normally.... A lot of good can be gleaned from those bad photos. The only thing that would concern me is the right ramp diverter being in the down position in that one picture. Could be as easy as the link being missing or detached, or more complex like the solenoid being locked on. Everything else is fairly easy to deal with.

#5817 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The pachinko balls look much better than the beads.

Best place to get pachinko balls?

#5818 5 years ago

Hi TZ friends, today I received my Ingo clockboard, and that's a nice piece of technology, it's designed, mounted and works perfectly! And in the attic of my grandfather I found an old camera, "an unusual camera" he makes pictures of the future ... Have a LED flasher mounted and that flashes with a led flasher on the playing field.

EBCFF4A9-68AB-4739-8DB6-8873A9D37B03 (resized).jpegEBCFF4A9-68AB-4739-8DB6-8873A9D37B03 (resized).jpeg
C8B7FF84-BAEC-4CC1-87B9-0081B189D5BA (resized).jpegC8B7FF84-BAEC-4CC1-87B9-0081B189D5BA (resized).jpeg
BAAAA7E6-C543-428C-9F93-4F08B812FF6A (resized).jpegBAAAA7E6-C543-428C-9F93-4F08B812FF6A (resized).jpeg

#5819 5 years ago

I keep getting balls jammed up in the gumball machine. Is there something missing in it that prevents them from jamming up, and where can I get it?

E78C0CED-3F71-494B-9A85-ADBE0AA8938D (resized).jpegE78C0CED-3F71-494B-9A85-ADBE0AA8938D (resized).jpeg

71BFC00B-C235-4A52-AB74-5CC701545BA0 (resized).jpeg71BFC00B-C235-4A52-AB74-5CC701545BA0 (resized).jpeg

5D752911-642B-4923-B6C9-D2A3DFADDAE4 (resized).jpeg5D752911-642B-4923-B6C9-D2A3DFADDAE4 (resized).jpeg

#5820 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I keep getting balls jammed up in the gumball machine. Is there something missing in it that prevents them from jamming up, and where can I get it?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8887

Or if you get the interactive lighting kit it comes with one since it’s modified to fit the light board.

#5821 5 years ago

Sweet freaking camera!

#5822 5 years ago

I guess my post is too short so i can't level the mini playfield. Does anybody know the part number of this post or have a picture with the exact measurement?

I'm also looking for a opto switch replacement A-15878, but could just find these really expensive ones https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/boards/homepin-a-15894-actuators-flipper-boards-for-wms-dmd/ . Any other store to buy these? Thanks

mini PF Post (resized).jpgmini PF Post (resized).jpg

#5823 5 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

I guess my post is too short so i can't level the mini playfield. Does anybody know the part number of this post or have a picture with the exact measurement?
I'm also looking for a opto switch replacement A-15878, but could just find these really expensive ones https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/boards/homepin-a-15894-actuators-flipper-boards-for-wms-dmd/ . Any other store to buy these? Thanks

I don’t think your mini playfield is mounted properly... photo isn’t exactly focused on it but looks like there is some sort of extra spacer under the bracket.

#5824 5 years ago

hmm i just checked on HEPs Twilight Zone and it looks the same.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album371/163_G?full=1

I really think my post is too short. Someone measured the post and it's 5.8cm tall above the playfield and my one just about 5cm.

#5825 5 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

hmm i just checked on HEPs Twilight Zone and it looks the same.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album371/163_G?full=1
I really think my post is too short. Someone measured the post and it's 5.8cm tall above the playfield and my one just about 5cm.

Ok must have just been the photo. I just measured a couple games, both had posts about 5.8 cm playfield to tip.

#5826 5 years ago

Over the last week and a half a buddy of mines TZ has been visiting. Shes just about buttoned up now but my TZ is getting jealous.

F323385B-E5AE-41A3-BEAE-14528FC7F851 (resized).jpegF323385B-E5AE-41A3-BEAE-14528FC7F851 (resized).jpeg

#5827 5 years ago

Anybody have a good source for accurate well made cabinet decals.

#5828 5 years ago

And thats a wrap (almost)...

3F71AA1E-F8B6-4EBD-A873-36EEFEFA3146 (resized).jpeg3F71AA1E-F8B6-4EBD-A873-36EEFEFA3146 (resized).jpeg

#5829 5 years ago

JUST SAY NO TO.... alligator clips.

436A75A8-2C2A-4275-95AF-803E601D3E83 (resized).jpeg436A75A8-2C2A-4275-95AF-803E601D3E83 (resized).jpeg

358CCE33-4585-4FE4-8002-28D236DF5DA2 (resized).jpeg358CCE33-4585-4FE4-8002-28D236DF5DA2 (resized).jpeg

B952F468-F083-436B-BE8A-F7A61C9E6FE5 (resized).jpegB952F468-F083-436B-BE8A-F7A61C9E6FE5 (resized).jpeg

#5830 5 years ago

Looks good!

#5831 5 years ago

Honestly, I like it if OTHER people use Alligator Clips.

Because it means that when I buy the game, I can easily remove those mods.

#5832 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Honestly, I like it if OTHER people use Alligator Clips.
Because it means that when I buy the game, I can easily remove those mods.

There is that, but I still consider it dangerous to perfectly innocent games to have a potentially large chunk of conductive metal flopping around under the playfield on a string. Would much rather see a small inconspicuous molex connector for safe removal (temporary or permanent).

#5833 5 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

We sell the actual PCB as a separate part - you have quoted the entire mechanism and I think there is an issue in the parts manual?? The mechanism is very expensive because we had 6 dies made and have all the parts stamped to make this part. Do you only need the board and not the whole thing?

The PCB only should also be available from the same vendor here (not a Homepin part): https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/boards/flipper-opto-board-williams-bally-type-1-a-15894/

#5834 5 years ago

Marco has flipper opto boards for TZ also. The set I got from them have been working great.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15894

#5835 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Maybe I’m alone here, but I never saw the attraction in those lamp mods? I’d much rather see some kind of light strip mod that lets those lamps be removed forever.
Also, pinball decals is almost always a massive rip off.

I bought some decals for mine. From a small company. Can't remember the name. Found them on Google.

#5836 5 years ago

What are the “GLM powerfield switches”?

#5837 5 years ago

What are the “GLM powerfield switches”?

Instead of the big switch assembly (and grey rubber cap) on the mini-pf, the switches are tiny micro switches that stay inside the bracket. So you get a 'clean look' for your mini-pf

#5839 5 years ago

@mercat - Your game looks awesome. Like your contrasting flipper bats and blue star posts. Looks slick.

One question - what LED are you using for the slot machine? Is that an LED without a lens with a yellow condom over it? I am using a regular LED bulb with a frosted lens but it's a little too tall.

#5840 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Instead of the big switch assembly (and grey rubber cap) on the mini-pf, the switches are tiny micro switches that stay inside the bracket. So you get a 'clean look' for your mini-pf

That looks really good. More money out the window.....ugh!

#5841 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

@mercat - Your game looks awesome. Like your contrasting flipper bats and blue star posts. Looks slick.
One question - what LED are you using for the slot machine? Is that an LED without a lens with a yellow condom over it? I am using a regular LED bulb with a frosted lens but it's a little too tall.

Thanks, it was a good amount of effort but it’s actually my buddy’s TZ. I need to go back through mine again but thats for after GSPF. You are correct, LED without a lens covered with the bulb condom.

#5842 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We sell the actual PCB as a separate part - you have quoted the entire mechanism and I think there is an issue in the parts manual?? The mechanism is very expensive because we had 6 dies made and have all the parts stamped to make this part. Do you only need the board and not the whole thing?
The PCB only should also be available from the same vendor here (not a Homepin part): https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/boards/flipper-opto-board-williams-bally-type-1-a-15894/

I found the whole "assembly" here. So i hope i ordered the corret part.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=A-15878

In my TZ was a normal double leaf switch instead of the opto. So i neaded the whole opto switch (pcb and all the metal parts)

#5843 5 years ago

Does anybody know where I can find a clear TZ ramp? I need to replace mine and would like to swap out the smoke ramp so you can better see the back plastics

#5844 5 years ago

Is there anyone else who sells these? I have tried a few times over the last year to het ahold of him with no response. Hopefully he’s just busy with life.

#5845 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does anybody know where I can find a clear TZ ramp? I need to replace mine and would like to swap out the smoke ramp so you can better see the back plastics

How about this? I bought a ramp for my Congo from them and happy with it.
http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Twilight-Zone-Clear-Main-Ramp

I'm curious how that would look. Not sure I like the tinted for same reasons but not cheap.

#5846 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Is there anyone else who sells these? I have tried a few times over the last year to het ahold of him with no response. Hopefully he’s just busy with life.

Have the same problem, no response.
Hope he is well, but realy want a set

#5847 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

How about this? I bought a ramp for my Congo from them and happy with it.
http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Twilight-Zone-Clear-Main-Ramp
I'm curious how that would look. Not sure I like the tinted for same reasons but not cheap.

Thanks! I have gotten several suggestions not to change out the ramp to clear, so I'm gonna think about it a bit. TZ isn't getting shopped for a few more months

#5848 5 years ago

The clear ramp looks great... but I like the smoked one too!

#5849 5 years ago

Checking in! New TZ owner here! I played a ton of pinball at the Texas pinball festival this year and I kept going back to TZ as my favorite game of the show. Picked up a beautiful super clean re-import locally. Minimal wear plays amazing. Pretty much a virgin as well other then the button battery mod. Can't wait to add some goodies. Color DMD, update the game rom (9.4home is the best for it?), Cliffiy protectors, (all wood is in perfect condition) Game Blades, Gum balls, and a better LED treatment. Glad to be part of the TZ owners! This one I think will be a keeper for a long time!

I've seen some manuals on-line they are different then the one that came with the game. Is this a different version?

Is there any must have mods for TZ other then the ones I've listed? Lemme know thanks!

28220342648_a1d5d16b02_k (resized).jpg28220342648_a1d5d16b02_k (resized).jpg

42048395182_7bfc1bb207_k (resized).jpg42048395182_7bfc1bb207_k (resized).jpg

41389813834_43de44c809_k (resized).jpg41389813834_43de44c809_k (resized).jpg

#5850 5 years ago

Would get 9.4h game.
That manual looks OEM, but the binding does not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.