Topic Stats

• 7,310 posts
  • 548 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 287 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,890 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190720_190118 (resized).jpg
20190720_190155 (resized).jpg
GS-TZA-16533 (resized).jpg
662B40DE-BE0B-4A8F-999A-AEB426CC4474 (resized).jpeg
9D217DE3-92C9-4A77-B3DB-52336F16565B (resized).jpeg
e969ecd2b86414bfc832569af6db7152ec58d359.jpg
BEBE4C1B-B15A-4BC7-8381-9DC04F82BBB0 (resized).png
IMG_2821 (resized).jpeg
81DECA32-55F7-4B79-8829-7F884607E798 (resized).jpeg
61635733-40B4-4AAC-8F9C-989DFFB107E3 (resized).jpeg
20190610_220742 (resized).jpg
60DC3E76-0003-4C1B-AA77-58041CA1CC6C (resized).jpeg
IMG_2432 (resized).jpeg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_95a (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_95b (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_955 (resized).jpg

There are 7310 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 147.
#5551 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Why not recommended out of interest?
Would these two screws ordinarily need to be undone anyway? Or is it the case that if there was no piano mod I could simply unscrew the one that the mod is obscuring, and the whole assembly would unclip?

Yeah - for a few small reasons -
One screw vs two,
If the screws go in crooked (when re-assembling), it can strip that plastic in the case,
It's a really tight fit, even for a stubby screwdriver.
The wire harness for the piano lamps are connected to the clock's wires - removing JUST the clock wouldn't get you too far before you run out of wire. You'd have to remove the bracket/lights from the piano anyways.

#5552 1 year ago

Discovered this lonely guy in bottom of cabinet. Anyone know where it belongs?

68F423CC-19A9-4A12-85DC-44DD3FE5DBE6 (resized).jpeg

#5553 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah - for a few small reasons -
One screw vs two,
If the screws go in crooked (when re-assembling), it can strip that plastic in the case,
It's a really tight fit, even for a stubby screwdriver.
The wire harness for the piano lamps are connected to the clock's wires - removing JUST the clock wouldn't get you too far before you run out of wire. You'd have to remove the bracket/lights from the piano anyways.

I guess I just need to be able to get to those two lamp screws to remove them. Then I can remove the piano mod, and get to the screw that actually removes the bracket. I suppose if I can loosen the clock so I can actually get access to the screws it would be enough, or an offset screwdriver as suggested before.

I found this PDF - http://www.pinballpro.net/instructions/piano.pdf - which I think corresponds to the mod I have (mine looks like this: http://pinballpro.net/shop/twilight-zone-piano-tz-2/) and it talks about loosening the clock there.

#5554 1 year ago

Where can a guy get the plastic piece that goes inside the gumball machine so the balls don’t get jammed up inside of it?

#5555 1 year ago

Pretty sure marco has it.http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8887

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Where can a guy get the plastic piece that goes inside the gumball machine so the balls don’t get jammed up inside of it?

#5556 1 year ago

Finally joined the club. Been number one on the wishlist since I started the hobby.

6DFEAD3D-DFDC-4306-9958-C9EE92EAC879 (resized).jpeg

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

As you can see it is screwed to the bracket underneath using the original lamp screws/screw holes. The lamps are just inserted into the holes in the piano.

Mine goes in the same way. The Piano mod covers up the MAIN service screw for the clock bracket.

Quoted from Coyote:

While it's not recommended - you can try removing the two bottom screws on the back of the clock - this will remove it from the bracket. (Again, it's not recommended, and difficult to get anything but a stubby screwdriver in there..)

This is the only way my Piano mod I bought from DGoett will install.. No other way.. short screwdriver from what I recall on the 1 screw on the back of the clock.

I attached a photo on how I install my piano mod, and remove it when necessary

swing clock (resized).JPG

#5558 1 year ago

Thanks, that's very helpful! Hadn't thought of swinging clock up.

#5560 1 year ago

Very nice looking! May want to toss a ziptie on those wires.

#5561 1 year ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Finally joined the club. Been number one on the wishlist since I started the hobby.

Congrats!!!! An amazing machine, easily holding it's own to this day (currently kicking my ass lately).....

#5562 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats!!!! An amazing machine, easily holding it's own to this day (currently kicking my ass lately).....

I got lost in the zone last night for the first time ever! I’m just an average player so I was pretty pumped. This one will never leave.

#5563 1 year ago

I got lost in the zone last night for the first time ever! I’m just an average player so I was pretty pumped. This one will never leave.

Had amazing scores...let my batteries die, haven't even got back on the board...LITZ is amazing!!!!

#5564 1 year ago

I had a broken slot scoop that was slow, but at least consistent in exactly where the ball hit on the right flipper. I recently bought an original and unbroken scoop, and now it seems the eject is a lot less consistent. It tends to hit the right flipper in different places, other times hits the right slingshot. I've tried aligning it best I can with the kicker underneath, and raising the top overhand seems to have improved it, but is still somewhat inconsistent.

I'm wondering if this is normal, or if there are suggestions on fixing it better. Thanks.

#5565 1 year ago

Check out this new upcoming clock mod... Mirror face clock

IMG_4153 (resized).jpg

Read my thread about it here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tz-clock-mod-mirrored-face

#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Check out this new upcoming clock mod... Mirror face clock

Read my thread about it here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tz-clock-mod-mirrored-face

Ok that looks awesome.

#5567 1 year ago

Gotta love PowerBall Mania when you get all three balls in the upper playfield at one time and are able to score multiple jackpots back to back. There is always something new with this machine.

#5568 1 year ago

Two more "Collect Next Spiral Value" sample-game signs being dispatched today!

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-16 at 16.41.33 (resized).jpeg

#5569 1 year ago

Alex, what is the pic of those other 2 plastics in that picture?

#5570 1 year ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Alex, what is the pic of those other 2 plastics in that picture?

Oh, these are from another game...

#5571 1 year ago

Planning to take my clock off the playfield this weekend for a rebuild with Ingo's clock board. The plan is to take it completely off and work on it on a bench, rather than on the playfield.

I've bought a full set of gears, clear clock housing, back panel, PETG prototype clock face and clear lens and decal plate kit. I've also got some Superlube to lightly lube the gears. I think the only thing that will end up being taken from the existing clock will be the gear shafts and the motor.

None of the new parts are strictly needed, my clock isn't broken or obviously discoloured, but figured I'd refresh everything "just cause'...

Currently on my clock midnight (when the pin boots) is more like 11 o'clock. The minute hand is bang on 12, but the hour hand is almost on 11. Just for my own understanding of how it is assembled, and so I don't make the same mistake, which gear would be misaligned for this to happen?

Do I have to glue the shafts in like some guides are suggesting? I'm a bit concerned about doing that.

Can anyone think of anything I might be missing before I get started?

Thanks in advance for any help

#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Currently on my clock midnight (when the pin boots) is more like 11 o'clock. The minute hand is bang on 12, but the hour hand is almost on 11. Just for my own understanding of how it is assembled, and so I don't make the same mistake, which gear would be misaligned for this to happen?
Do I have to glue the shafts in like some guides are suggesting? I'm a bit concerned about doing that.

No glue.
See manual, page 1-51. Follow steps there to the letter.

#5573 1 year ago

Any oil or lube on the shafts? (ha!) or just a light amount on the gear matings?

#5574 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Any oil or lube on the shafts? (ha!) or just a light amount on the gear matings?

I would just lube the gears, personally. Not a lot is needed.

#5575 1 year ago

Thanks.

Final question - this is my OCD talking now...

I originally bought a prototype clock decal from Marco, and tried to fit it to my Pinbits decal plate. It ended up being very difficult, mainly because it was so sticky, and curled around after I removed it from the backing material, but also because it is smaller than the decal plate, so alignment was difficult. Also the one I received had no holes where the shaft or screws go - but looking at the website that seems to be normal?

I had three attempts at fitting it, and it looked messy with fingerprints visible, etc. I ended up ripping off the decal and throwing it away, and cleaning the glue residue off the decal plate, and then bought the PETG reverse printed version instead (I stupidly only bought one decal from Marco, thinking it would be simple to fit, even though I'm in the UK and shipping cost as much as the parts).

I've received the PETG one which has holes in the right places, the right font for the numbers, etc. The problem I have with it is very minor - but it's preoccupying me - namely that the gold of the symbols is more of an orange, and the symbols themselves are "thicker", if that makes sense (look at the scorpion between 4 and 5). Basically it just looks a bit poorer quality than the decal was, like it was printed in toner-saver mode.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point.. reorder several more decals and have another go, or stop obsessing and just get on with sorting the clock.

#5576 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thanks.
Final question - this is my OCD talking now...
I originally bought a prototype clock decal from Marco, and tried to fit it to my Pinbits decal plate. It ended up being very difficult, mainly because it was so sticky, and curled around after I removed it from the backing material, but also because it is smaller than the decal plate, so alignment was difficult. Also the one I received had no holes where the shaft or screws go - but looking at the website that seems to be normal?
I had three attempts at fitting it, and it looked messy with fingerprints visible, etc. I ended up ripping off the decal and throwing it away, and cleaning the glue residue off the decal plate, and then bought the PETG reverse printed version instead (I stupidly only bought one decal from Marco, thinking it would be simple to fit, even though I'm in the UK and shipping cost as much as the parts).
I've received the PETG one which has holes in the right places, the right font for the numbers, etc. The problem I have with it is very minor - but it's preoccupying me - namely that the gold of the symbols is more of an orange, and the symbols themselves are "thicker", if that makes sense (look at the scorpion between 4 and 5). Basically it just looks a bit poorer quality than the decal was, like it was printed in toner-saver mode.
I honestly don't know what to do at this point.. reorder several more decals and have another go, or stop obsessing and just get on with sorting the clock.

Original decals DID have the cutouts for the shaft. (Can't verify on the screws until I get home.)

I would go for the decal - before applying it, get some warmish soapy water and wipe the plastic with it. This will prevent the decal from sticking so much that you won't be able to move it around. Then once it's in place, squeegee the decal down into place. Once the water dries, you'll be good. (Same steps as applying a vinyl sticker to a vehicle or something..)

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Oh, these are from another game...

T2...

#5578 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Original decals DID have the cutouts for the shaft. (Can't verify on the screws until I get home.)
I would go for the decal - before applying it, get some warmish soapy water and wipe the plastic with it. This will prevent the decal from sticking so much that you won't be able to move it around. Then once it's in place, squeegee the decal down into place. Once the water dries, you'll be good. (Same steps as applying a vinyl sticker to a vehicle or something..)

Thanks, you've said what I hoped you wouldn't say, even though I agree. The decal just looks better, even if it isn't the full size of the decal plate and I would have to somehow make the hole for the shaft (scalpel I guess). This isn't a job I wan't to be unhappy about after I've done it, or want to do again any time soon.

#5579 1 year ago

cool. did you have to travel far to get it? I got mine from a fellow pinsider in AL last year.

#5580 1 year ago

Anybody looking to sell their unused pinbits 3rd magnet kit for TZ?

I've tried to contact Pinbits to see if they are going to make a new batch but they are not getting back to me...

#5581 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

cool. did you have to travel far to get it? I got mine from a fellow pinsider in AL last year.

I actually traded with a pinsider from South Dakota. I had never shipped a game and but it worked out pretty well.

#5582 1 year ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Anybody looking to sell their unused pinbits 3rd magnet kit for TZ?
I've tried to contact Pinbits to see if they are going to make a new batch but they are not getting back to me...

Also looking to buy, won’t bother emailing now though! Just wait...

#5583 1 year ago

So today I finally realizes that the lights behind the clock in the translight are tied to the lights in the clock itself. Such a cool little touch.

#5584 1 year ago

Yes !!! finally he is in the collection, my Twilight zone, make me a member of the club. and a few photos for the proof.
Picked up today.

D9C37482-DF5C-47FE-9D51-CFF78DA03171 (resized).jpeg

6111E653-D1D0-4B40-9372-5905DDDDE941 (resized).jpeg

C1A6A38B-E908-4FC8-B912-39F33141E50A (resized).jpeg

469DA2A9-89AF-4B83-91E5-34618720EB94 (resized).jpeg

E991C3BE-D213-4490-B372-C3D40332D676 (resized).jpeg

D3AE18C6-D913-47E9-BAEA-6E3B288388D7 (resized).jpeg

71264C98-1A1F-4040-8C1F-7C928A48A01E (resized).jpeg

E45891C4-29B1-40A4-ADA6-E5DC00D81695 (resized).png

#5585 1 year ago

Very nice. Looks in excellent condition, with some nice tasteful mods to boot

#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Very nice. Looks in excellent condition, with some nice tasteful mods to boot

Looks like someone restored it to me. Very nicely!

#5587 1 year ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Yes !!! finally he is in the collection, my Twilight zone, make me a member of the club. and a few photos for the proof.
Picked up today.

You're very welcome but.... please, take that yellow car off of your PF, like, right now!!!

Quoted from Durzel:

...with some nice tasteful mods to boot

#5588 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You're very welcome but.... please, take that yellow car off of your PF, like, right now!!!

Hahahahahaha yes that's an ugly thing, which goes directly into the shredder, I have ordered a red one from Dinky.

#5589 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Looks like someone restored it to me. Very nicely!

The cabinet has been restored, the playing field is still original, but is very nice condition, only some plastic broken and the ramp is cracked. And some hardwear overhaul of shooters, bumpers, flippers etc. And new zink voor de metal parts.
I get the playing field out of the cabinet and restore it but I think.

#5590 1 year ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Hahahahahaha yes that's an ugly thing, which goes directly into the shredder, I have ordered a red one from Dinky.

Cool man, I can tell you have good taste, but don't throw it into the shredder... make some money selling it to pinrob or onemoresean, I'm sure both want this ugly thing!

#5591 1 year ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Not ugly, just different. And different in a good way as your’s stands out from the pack of TZ’s with the red one. I’d put it on mine but then you wouldn’t see the full effect of my out of order color pop bumper caps.

#5592 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Not ugly, just different. And different in a good way as your’s stands out from the pack of TZ’s with the red one. I’d put it on mine but then you wouldn’t see the full effect of my out of order color pop bumper caps.

Clipboard01 (resized).jpg

#5593 1 year ago

i have a line on one of these twilight zones, what is a good price for machine in good working order with minimal wear? i couldnt find any on here or ebay?

#5594 1 year ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

what is a good price for machine in good working order with minimal wear?

Pinside has a info page for each game. The TZ page shows $5640 - $6560. I consider that a fair price for a working machine in good condition from a local. (condition is key!)

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/twilight-zone

A pinball retailer selling a nice working machine with a warranty would be well above that, and Ebay prices are above the market value also.

#5595 1 year ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

i have a line on one of these twilight zones, what is a good price for machine in good working order with minimal wear? i couldnt find any on here or ebay?

Simply go to the Pinside classified and look at Closed/expired sales. Won't be exact but you can see pictures of similar examples for comparison. I would only use Ebay pricing if you intend to pay double market price.

#5596 1 year ago

Hey Twilight zone friends, I'm going to restore the playing field, my playfield has a smoke color ramp, new they are also available in clear plastic .. What is original? smoke? or clear?

#5597 1 year ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Hey Twilight zone friends, I'm going to restore the playing field, my playfield has a smoke color ramp, new they are also available in clear plastic .. What is original? smoke? or clear?

Smoke is original for main ramp.

#5598 1 year ago

Ok clear , I order the smoke! Thanks Coyote

#5599 1 year ago

You guys made me remember that I got a spare clear ramp I could part ways with...

pasted_image (resized).png

#5600 1 year ago

Does that have a protective film on it? It looks awfully cloudy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Kinnelon, NJ
There are 7310 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 147.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside