Topic Stats

• 7,602 posts
  • 568 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 302 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,964 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191020_141439 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20191009_174229 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG-20191019-WA0001 (resized).jpeg
2019-10-09 17.40.58 (resized).jpg
2019-10-09 23.59.41 (resized).jpg
2019-10-09 23.59.58 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20191007_131432 (resized).jpg
20191007_201008 (resized).jpg
20191007_212759 (resized).jpg
20191007_213015 (resized).jpg
20191007_213333 (resized).jpg
20191007_213353 (resized).jpg
20191007_213750 (resized).jpg
20191007_113745 (resized).jpg

There are 7602 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 153.
#5401 1 year ago

Can someone please share the original TZ soundpack for Pinsound? Please help me via PM.
Original zip file is no more available at Pinsound Community page. Seems all original packs have been removed (copyright about 20-30 years old machines, lol).

#5402 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

TZ cover arrived

I like that speaker! What brand?

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I like that speaker! What brand?

Polk SDA-SRS

1F6790C5-118B-4B8A-A7E3-D066550258AB (resized).jpeg

#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

It’s a blanket/towel 36”x60” $23.20 total shipped

shoot me that link, would ya?

#5405 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

TZ cover arrived

Been there. Done that. And better!

Glad to see you still look up to me!

IMG_20180210_214253 (resized).jpg

#5406 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Been there. Done that. And better!
Glad to see you still look up to me!

WOW, that cover is awesome! I wish I had it. And I wish I had those super sweet inner art blades that you have too. I sure look up to you. You are so amazing in all you do and NO one will ever be as great as you, for you are and always will be better! And since you are so unbelievable I just donated in your behalf to PinSide to give you a heart for the first time!

Hi there PinRob!
You have just made a donation on behalf of your Pinside friend AlexSMendes
You rock!
Thanks for supporting the Pinside! AlexSMendes now has a red heart next to their user name, showing the love for Pinside
Happy flippin'!
The Pinside crew

#5407 1 year ago

I bet they sound great. I still have my Allison Ones from the 70's. Had to refoam after I blew them out! Should have bought 4.

#5408 1 year ago

If there are any TZ buyers out there I just posted one on the Market...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60121

#5409 1 year ago

Can someone point me to where the metal post by the red pop bumper at town square that has the skinny strip of wood is addressed? Mine is fine , showing signs of being hit and wood is giving ever so slightly . Thought of using a washer under the metal post to spread out the force . Sure someone here knows of the best way to address . Thanks ,

, (searching "TZ post issue "gives me fourteen billion results . )
JP

#5410 1 year ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Can someone point me to where the metal post by the red pop bumper at town square that has the skinny strip of wood is addressed? Mine is fine , showing signs of being hit and wood is giving ever so slightly . Thought of using a washer under the metal post to spread out the force . Sure someone here knows of the best way to address . Thanks ,
, (searching "TZ post issue "gives me fourteen billion results . )
JP

Addressed how?

#5411 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

It’s a blanket/towel 36”x60” $23.20 total shipped

PLEASE share where you got that and tell me they have other titles! With my daughters cats hanging around I would love a cover like that! Great find and thanks for sharing.

#5412 1 year ago

Hahaha, I'm sure it wasn't pinball specific.

#5413 1 year ago

OK, I think I found it. Not as awesome as Mr Rio's but good enough to keep the cats off and easy enough to pull off to play.

amazon.com link »

#5414 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Addressed how?

How to keep the wood from continuing to give and possible crack . Washer on top and bottom? Anyone make a protector for this? Brace for this post? Anyone know of anything made specifically for this metal post? Edited spelling

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

WOW, that cover is awesome! I wish I had it. And I wish I had those super sweet inner art blades that you have too. I sure look up to you. You are so amazing in all you do and NO one will ever be as great as you, for you are and always will be better! And since you are so unbelievable I just donated in your behalf to PinSide to give you a heart for the first time!
Hi there PinRob!
You have just made a donation on behalf of your Pinside friend AlexSMendes
You rock!
Thanks for supporting the Pinside! AlexSMendes now has a red heart next to their user name, showing the love for Pinside
Happy flippin'!
The Pinside crew

Yes, you're really awesome:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/36#post-4149438

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/34#post-4149440

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/38#post-4149444

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-and-rules-to-x-files/page/12#post-4221143

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-club/page/5#post-4220070

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/22#post-4149442

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/59#post-4149445

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/54#post-4149441

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-inlane-decals#post-4174975

#5416 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK, I think I found it. Not as awesome as Mr Rio's but good enough to keep the cats off and easy enough to pull off to play.
amazon.com link »

I got it here - https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Twilight-Zone-Another-Dimension-Poly-36X60-Blanket-White-One-Size/151129132

#5417 1 year ago

Uff blades and covers.

#5418 1 year ago

Sweet, thx! Ordered! Seems to match the TZ game theme the best out of the otber covers I've seen...

#5419 1 year ago

TZ mod question...Torn between buying an original TZ with almost no mods or spending the going market price for one loaded with all the nice mods....THe answer is prob obvious that getting one modded saves money and time.....If I get one that I mod myself are most of the popular modes (robbie, slot, rocket, tz etched lamp, thunderbird, led lighting kits) sold by one person and you buy a bunch or do you end up buying 1 each from 6-7 diff places?

#5420 1 year ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

How to keep the wood from continuing to give and possible crack . Washer on top and bottom? Anyone make a protector for this? Brace for this post? Anyone know of anything made specifically for this metal post? Edited spelling

A screw in post that is loose is repaired by filling the hole with bamboo sticks and wood glue, and then screwing the post in to the filled hole.

You are asking about a post with a nut under the playfield. It seems like adding washers would only give it a pivot point and not secure it.

Maybe jam some thin bamboo along side the post as you push the post in to the playfield to make it tight.

#5421 1 year ago

Another sample plastic being dispatched today. This one will stay in Brazil, it goes to a fellow pinhead in Sao Paulo!

IMG_20180212_075756 (resized).jpg

#5422 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

TZ mod question...Torn between buying an original TZ with almost no mods or spending the going market price for one loaded with all the nice mods....THe answer is prob obvious that getting one modded saves money and time.....If I get one that I mod myself are most of the popular modes (robbie, slot, rocket, tz etched lamp, thunderbird, led lighting kits) sold by one person and you buy a bunch or do you end up buying 1 each from 6-7 diff places?

I would just look for the TZ in the best condition with a fair price. Mods do add up in costs so best to do a little research and see what the mods you want will end up costing. I don't think there is one place to get them all since there are so many mods. Lermods, mezelmods, pinbits, and pinballdecals are good places to start. Some things can only be found on ebay.

#5423 1 year ago

Can someone confirm the rubber rings used on TZ? Looking at the manual and kits posted on Titan Pinball I am pretty sure these are correct.

3 Rubber Rings - Flipper Standard
1 Rubber Rings - Flipper Mini
1 Rubber Rings - Shooter Tip
6 Rubber Rings - 5/16 Inch ID
2 Rubber Rings - 7/16 Inch ID
16 Rubber Rings - 7/16 Inch OD (1 extra for shooter lane)
2 Rubber Rings - 1 Inch ID (noted as 1 1/4 "D" in manual for posts above pop bumpers)
2 Rubber Rings - 1 1/4 Inch ID
4 Rubber Rings - 2 Inch ID
2 Rubber Rings - 2 1/2 Inch ID

Where I am confused is on the 3/4 Inch ID rings. If you have posts in between the pop bumpers then you will use 2 of them in the "B" position, however the manual calls for 4 rings so I have no idea where the other 2 would go.

TZ.JPG

#5424 1 year ago

I have gone thru and corrected the ring locations..... (my TZ does not have the rings between the two pop bumpers)

TZ rubber rings (resized).jpg

#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from chooch:

Can someone confirm the rubber rings used on TZ? Looking at the manual and kits posted on Titan Pinball I am pretty sure these are correct.
3 Rubber Rings - Flipper Standard
1 Rubber Rings - Flipper Mini
1 Rubber Rings - Shooter Tip
6 Rubber Rings - 5/16 Inch ID
2 Rubber Rings - 7/16 Inch ID
16 Rubber Rings - 7/16 Inch OD (1 extra for shooter lane)
2 Rubber Rings - 1 Inch ID (noted as 1 1/4 "D" in manual for posts above pop bumpers)
2 Rubber Rings - 1 1/4 Inch ID
4 Rubber Rings - 2 Inch ID
2 Rubber Rings - 2 1/2 Inch ID
Where I am confused is on the 3/4 Inch ID rings. If you have posts in between the pop bumpers then you will use 2 of them in the "B" position, however the manual calls for 4 rings so I have no idea where the other 2 would go.

This pic shows a double post so maybe the intent was 2 3/4" rings on each post?

pasted_image (resized).png

#5426 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

This pic shows a double post so maybe the intent was 2 3/4" rings on each post?

Having two larger rings line that was intended.

Don't forget the rings on the powerfield.

#5427 1 year ago
Quoted from apc7654:

I have gone thru and corrected the ring locations..... (my TZ does not have the rings between the two pop bumpers)

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone gone with Titan's dark blue or clear on their TZ? I am considering changing it up from traditional white however what concerns me is seeing the rings turn white in some pictures when they are stretched around the posts. Not sure if that can be avoided or if the person installing them stretched them too much. I seen pinball life has translucent rings however they don't seem to carry 7/16" ID for some reason.

#5428 1 year ago
Quoted from chooch:

Thanks for the info.
Has anyone gone with Titan's dark blue or clear on their TZ? I am considering changing it up from traditional white however what concerns me is seeing the rings turn white in some pictures when they are stretched around the posts. Not sure if that can be avoided or if the person installing them stretched them too much. I seen pinball life has translucent rings however they don't seem to carry 7/16" ID for some reason.

I have done them in purple and blue. I think the purple comes out the best as it matches perfectly the purple color on the plastics. Here is a link to the machine I just did in blue with lots of pictures to take a look at how it comes out. If you get the right sizes then you don't deal with them turning white on the edges.

#5429 1 year ago

Best to use the manual as a guide and take inventory of the rings on the playfield. I used Titan dark blue for post rubbers and translucent rings. The blue matches up with the blue in the playfield. The translucent look pretty good with all my lit star posts. I put up a pic not long ago after I shopped out my game.

Speaking of rings, does anyone have an issue with the ball hitting the post in the shooter lane just above the upper flipper? I had to take the rubber off the post because the ball would hit during auto launch. Works better now but you can still hear the ball hitting the metal post on auto launch.

#5430 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Best to use the manual as a guide and take inventory of the rings on the playfield. I used Titan dark blue for post rubbers and translucent rings. The blue matches up with the blue in the playfield. The translucent look pretty good with all my lit star posts. I put up a pic not long ago after I shopped out my game.

I found your pics and it turned out nice. Makes me want to add light up star posts as well. I just did a full blown tear down so now would be the time to add them. Reason I asked about the ring sizes is the previous owner might have installed the wrong ones so didn't want to base everything off the inventory I removed.

#5431 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I have done them in purple and blue. I think the purple comes out the best as it matches perfectly the purple color on the plastics. Here is a link to the machine I just did in blue with lots of pictures to take a look at how it comes out. If you get the right sizes then you don't deal with them turning white on the edges.

I've never personally been a fan of the colored rings, I like the translucent ones the best (and actually wish someone make them actually clear). They do turn white at the stretch points, but it goes away as soon as you lessen the tension. Either go up a size, or you can fidget with the ring (pulling on the ring toward the post from either side) to lessen the torque at the post itself and you can usually get the white to go away by minimizing the pinch-point.

#5432 1 year ago
Quoted from chooch:

Thanks for the info.

I used Pinball Life translucent rings. I used Super Band blue 7/16" by the popper.

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Speaking of rings, does anyone have an issue with the ball hitting the post in the shooter lane just above the upper flipper? I had to take the rubber off the post because the ball would hit during auto launch. Works better now but you can still hear the ball hitting the metal post on auto launch.

I tried smaller rubber but that did not work. Just took it off.

#5434 1 year ago

Is CPR making main playfields for TZ yet or just Mirco? I've read a lot of negative things about Mirco's. There was a NOS pf kicking around a few months ago but that seems to be gone.

#5435 1 year ago
Quoted from pindergast:

Is CPR making main playfields for TZ yet or just Mirco? I've read a lot of negative things about Mirco's. There was a NOS pf kicking around a few months ago but that seems to be gone.

Just Mirco as far as I know. Haven't read many reviews but they looked nice.
I always hear weird stuff aboot CPR.

#5436 1 year ago

not too sure about Mirco either ... if anyone has an original playfield they want to sell, shoot me a message!

#5437 1 year ago

I recently acquired a TZ, my first purchase of a pinball, and I’ve been having a blast fixing stuff on it. My family and I have been having a blast playing it too.

I need to tackle the clock at some point, the minute hand optos aren’t registering. But while working on something else, I had the pf pulled forward and resting on the handles, and turned on power. The clock passed the self test! Apparently just from sitting at a different angle, the optos were registering the minute hand.

I also have an issue where sometimes during play I’ll hear a solenoid fire under the pf, when there’s not a ball under there. Always twice, separated by a second or two: “thump” ... “thump”. I’m pretty sure it’s the solenoid that kicks the ball up out of the slot machine. And sometimes the diverter on the wire ramp will flip for no apparent reason (even if the ball was nowhere near the ramp). Any troubleshooting tips?

#5438 1 year ago
Quoted from yaheath:

I recently acquired a TZ, my first purchase of a pinball, and I’ve been having a blast fixing stuff on it. My family and I have been having a blast playing it too.
I need to tackle the clock at some point, the minute hand optos aren’t registering. But while working on something else, I had the pf pulled forward and resting on the handles, and turned on power. The clock passed the self test! Apparently just from sitting at a different angle, the optos were registering the minute hand.
I also have an issue where sometimes during play I’ll hear a solenoid fire under the pf, when there’s not a ball under there. Always twice, separated by a second or two: “thump” ... “thump”. I’m pretty sure it’s the solenoid that kicks the ball up out of the slot machine. And sometimes the diverter on the wire ramp will flip for no apparent reason (even if the ball was nowhere near the ramp). Any troubleshooting tips?

Welcome to the club and congrats on a great acquisition!

The clock suddenly working could be a weak connection. I would reccomend getting an Ingo clock board as it is designed to send a stronger signal that is less likely to flake out.

The coil in the slot will fire as will the diverter leading to the power playfield. This is just logic to minimize stuck ball times in common areas for balls to potentially stick, both perfectly normal.

Have fun!

#5439 1 year ago

IMG_20180214_222510 (resized).jpg

#5440 1 year ago

I've had my TZ for a few years now and finally rebuilt the bottom flippers this past weekend. I noticed that the flipper coils on my machine are different: the left is 11629 and the right is 15411. The right one feels noticeably more powerful than the left and I thought it was wrong but the manual says 15411 is the right coil.

What flippers coils do you all use and recommend? The reason I ask is that the left actually feels more appropriate for the game as the right one feels a bit too powerful.

#5441 1 year ago

Mirco’s playfields are just fine. Kruzman cleared one for me and it was absolutely gorgeous.

#5442 1 year ago

The correc coils are 15411. If yours is Williams, I’d be happy to buy it off you.

#5443 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I've had my TZ for a few years now and finally rebuilt the bottom flippers this past weekend. I noticed that the flipper coils on my machine are different: the left is 11629 and the right is 15411. The right one feels noticeably more powerful than the left and I thought it was wrong but the manual says 15411 is the right coil.
What flippers coils do you all use and recommend? The reason I ask is that the left actually feels more appropriate for the game as the right one feels a bit too powerful.

That's the configuration on CFTBL, I believe. 11629's were switched into the stock game mid-way through the run. the 15411s are what the manual says, but either is fine. 11629s are more powerful by a touch, so my bet is it shipped with 11629s and your left is an old one, the 15411 was replaced as per the manual by a previous owner.

#5444 1 year ago
Quoted from pindergast:

not too sure about Mirco either ... if anyone has an original playfield they want to sell, shoot me a message!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-playfields-for-sale-main-and-mini#post-4226644

#5445 1 year ago
Quoted from yaheath:

Congrats. TZ is an awesome game. Just got mine not long ago. I also had issues with the clock optos. Instead of wasting time on the old boards, I bought the new Ingo clock board that is engineered better so should never have a problem again. Easy swap and new board has swappable leds.

Coils firing like that are usually the result of a faulty switch - probably an opto. Open the game menu and go into the switch test. Hand press every switch and break the beam on every opto in the game. You should see that switch and only that switch trip on the display. If a switch triggers multiple switches then there is a short issue. Also bang around the playfield and see if any opto's trigger off of vibrations. For a complete list of switches, look for the switch matrix in the manual.

#5446 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

the left is 11629 and the right is 15411. The right one feels noticeably more powerful than the left and I thought it was wrong but the manual says 15411 is the right coil.

15411 coils (Orange wrappers) are definitely the correct coils for this game, and when paired with completely re-built flippers as well as a properly leveled playfield, are strong enough to make all the ramp shots, including the left flipper backhand up the left ramp.

11629 coils (light blue wrapper) are way too strong for this game, and are mostly responsible for all the destroyed clock and slot targets you tend to see in some of them.

you probably only need to re-build the flipper mechs, and also replace the coils and sleeves with new ones, and the game will work fine.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

11629's were switched into the stock game mid-way through the run.

Can anyone else verify this? I have never heard of this until now. My game came with 15411's (what manual says) and plays just fine.

TZ-15411s (resized).JPG

#5447 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

The right one feels noticeably more powerful than the left and I thought it was wrong but the manual says 15411 is the right coil.

Also, dirty or failing flipper button optos will cause weak flipper issues. Try giving those a clean and swapping the two opto boards.

#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I noticed that the flipper coils on my machine are different: the left is 11629 and the right is 15411.

My Indiana Jones was like this when I bought it (see image) I think the previous owner(s) did this to help with mode hole bounce-outs. I corrected it to the 11629 coils when I re-built them and restored the game.

my-indy-pre-resto (resized).JPG

#5449 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Also, dirty or failing flipper button optos will cause weak flipper issues. Try giving those a clean and swapping the two opto boards.

Yes. Last time I had flipper issues (weak upper right) this is exactly what it was, but because it was working fine in test I had no idea. Ended up swapping it for one from a game that had no upper flipper and it's been fine ever since.

#5450 1 year ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Can anyone else verify this? I have never heard of this until now. My game came with 15411's (what manual says) and plays just fine.

Lloyd confirmed it back in 2013

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/preferred-tz-coil-fl-11629-or-15411

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 7602 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 153.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside