IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 305.
#5351 6 years ago

Is it normal for the trough switch 26 to throw a wobbler every time you remove the balls and put them back in again? When I'm working on my TZ I empty the balls using the menu (9.4H ROM), lift the PF and do whatever, then add the balls to the game one by one whilst using the Gumball Test to fire them back into the gumball machine in the right order (2 regular + PB).

Every time I've done this after a couple of games it throws a "Check Trough Proximity 26" error or whatever that switch is. I cleared this the last time it came up simply by getting the Powerball back into the trough so that the eddy switch sees it again.

I have an upgraded eddy switch in place already that the previous owner installed - I think it's this one: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16533-PP

Any thoughts?

#5352 6 years ago
Quoted from Alby87:

The good thing about DCS TZ soundtrack is that is different from production... And is still Chris Granner quality! But TZ Yamaha is so full of effects, sound tricks and samples (thanks of a lot bigger ROMs chips) that's a pity remove it completely

Yep, it’s a trade off, personally I think it’s far more effective to have higher quality sounds and the actual callouts from the show, better bass, stereo sound...

#5353 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Is it normal for the trough switch 26 to throw a wobbler every time you remove the balls and put them back in again? When I'm working on my TZ I empty the balls using the menu (9.4H ROM), lift the PF and do whatever, then add the balls to the game one by one whilst using the Gumball Test to fire them back into the gumball machine in the right order (2 regular + PB).
Every time I've done this after a couple of games it throws a "Check Trough Proximity 26" error or whatever that switch is. I cleared this the last time it came up simply by getting the Powerball back into the trough so that the eddy switch sees it again.
I have an upgraded eddy switch in place already that the previous owner installed - I think it's this one: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16533-PP
Any thoughts?

Does everything work in the game including powerball detection? I've had games throw errors for what seems like no reason. Those errors usually clear after a few games. How often do you remove all the balls? Most of the time I just shove a rag into the ball eject when lifting the playfield.

#5354 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Does everything work in the game including powerball detection? I've had games throw errors for what seems like no reason. Those errors usually clear after a few games. How often do you remove all the balls? Most of the time I just shove a rag into the ball eject when lifting the playfield.

I've been tinkering quite a bit recently, so have probably had the playfield up several times. I've always removed all of the balls when I've done this.

When the gumball machine has dispensed the Powerball it's seen it. I haven't yet managed to get it in the trough to see if it sees it there (I managed to get Powerball Mania by "mistake" playing yesterday, which put the Powerball back in the gumball machine lol). No other errors are present and the game plays as one would expect.

The last time I saw the "Check Trough Proximity 26" error it got cleared once the Powerball ended up in the trough and the game saw it there, without me doing anything else. That's why I wasn't sure if it could throw this error if for some reason the balls had all been removed at some point.

#5355 6 years ago

The 'Trough Prox Switch' error will be flagged if:
(1) The sensor is stuck on when the game knows there are no balls in the trough. (i.e. Multiball, all balls are on field, and that switch is on.)
(2) The game serves you a single ball, and then later that ball is determined to be a Powerball (by shooting Piano or Dead End or Camera).
(3) Reverse of #2 - no indication it's a steel ball, and the game determines it's a powerball by shooting the same tunnel.

For #1, the error is pretty instant. For #'s 2 & 3, it takes a few repeated tries at it before it flags.

Since it's happening when you're emptying balls, likely it's #1 above - you're hitting or the wired connection is loose, getting the switch 'stuck on', you empty balls and the game sees this, and sets the error.

#5356 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

The 'Trough Prox Switch' error will be flagged if:
(1) The sensor is stuck on when the game knows there are no balls in the trough. (i.e. Multiball, all balls are on field, and that switch is on.)
(2) The game serves you a single ball, and then later that ball is determined to be a Powerball (by shooting Piano or Dead End or Camera).
(3) Reverse of #2 - no indication it's a steel ball, and the game determines it's a powerball by shooting the same tunnel.
For #1, the error is pretty instant. For #'s 2 & 3, it takes a few repeated tries at it before it flags.
Since it's happening when you're emptying balls, likely it's #1 above - you're hitting or the wired connection is loose, getting the switch 'stuck on', you empty balls and the game sees this, and sets the error.

Thanks. I don't think it is appearing as I empty the balls, if that makes sense. I empty the balls, do whatever I was going to do, then add them back in again one by one in order (2 steels, then the Powerball) and use the Gumball Test "Load 1 Gumball" option to fire those 3 back into the gumball machine. I then add the remaining three steel balls which just sit in the trough. I suppose I could just drop all of the balls into the trough and let the game fire 3 back in when it detects there are none in the gumball machine.

At this point I'm fairly certain no error has been registered. I will start a game and then at some point during that game, or a subsequent one, out of the blue I will get a credit dot (no other indication of an error). When cycling the menu at that point I'll get the test report with the Switch 26 error.

I'm fairly certain from your list that it's not 2 or 3 because the Powerball is in the gumball machine at that point. The error appears even when the Powerball is not even in play. The last time the error appeared I just carried on playing until I got the Powerball out of the gumball machine - the game detected it when it was released via whatever switch is up there, then I let the Powerball drain and cycle into play. When it cycled into play the game announced it in the trough and the error was no longer recorded.

Hope that makes sense.. basically the error was cleared without any kind of adjustment to the eddy switch.

#5357 6 years ago

Hey all -

My clock *lights* stopped working the other day. Just dead, very strange. The clock itself works, and keeps time appropriately. Is there anything unique about the clock lights themselves? They're just a GI string, right? I am thinking I should insert a new Molex connector and maybe re-pin the header on the PDB at least.

#5358 6 years ago

Finally put these side and back wall art blades in, and was able to do it without pulling the playfield out!
AD17A1A8-4178-42A8-98DE-F844DD11F1EB (resized).jpegAD17A1A8-4178-42A8-98DE-F844DD11F1EB (resized).jpeg

#5359 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Finally put these side and back wall art blades in, and was able to do it without pulling the playfield out!

Awesome where did you get that side art looks amazing! How did you put them in without taking the playfield out, is there a trick to it?

#5360 6 years ago

BTW EVERYONE COYOTE is the local expert on TZ. He has owned a sample game for many years and has dedicated his adult life to know everything about this machine. If you need any info such as secrets, bookkeeping wisdom, troubleshooting, history, easter eggs, etc this guy knows it all! Hit him up with any questions you will be amazed at the knowledge he has!!!!!

#5361 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

COYOTE ... has dedicated his adult life to know everything about this machine.

#5362 6 years ago

Awesome where did you get that side art looks amazing! How did you put them in without taking the playfield out, is there a trick to it?

ebay.com link: Twilight Zone Pinball Inner Cab amp Backboard Decal Set Mod

It’s tricky and pretty convoluted to describe. I should have taken pictures along the way to document how to do it. I’ll do a picture write up when I do it again

#5363 6 years ago

You can even plug your glue gun into the service outlet like you do your sauntering iron.

I'd probably clean those filthy inserts while you're down there.

#5364 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How dare you talk about my inserts that way

#5365 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I clean the insert before I put the bulb in.

#5366 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I clean the insert before I put the bulb in.

Naw we'll do it aft....ah shit they're hot glued in there!!!!

#5367 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

No "collect next spiral value" sign? tsk, tsk...

One pop bumper cap color is WRONG!

Those flipper bats decals are not helping either....

#5368 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

The colors of your decals should match the PF colors... They're way off...

I installed these side-art decals below on my machine and they look absolutely gorgeous!

Acquired from a local source and the quality is pretty awesome!

90f9bf4e63c09baf1e092ee31777f6aa85213bf5 (resized).jpg90f9bf4e63c09baf1e092ee31777f6aa85213bf5 (resized).jpg

#5369 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I installed these side-art decals below on my machine and they look absolutely gorgeous!

Aren't those the silly old elf blades? Did he hook up distribution ?

#5370 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I think his decals look fantastic and I liked how they matched the colors of the machine especially the skill shot. I have installed other TZ side blades and these look better than the ones I found.

#5371 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

You know, I really like how the playfield art is directly continued on the blades, that looks really cool

#5372 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You know, I really like how the playfield art is directly continued on the blades, that looks really cool

Yes I agree. I’d seen them before and thought they looked great then too. If I were to ever add blades, those would be the ones I would personally choose. Ties together very nicely.

#5373 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yeah those desert colors really match the PF much better. LMAO. Must stink being color blind...

#5374 6 years ago

Yep..., perfect yellow match and perfect continuity! It must really stink being (color) blind!

c2f9c5496f8b96cb4cee5d47cb48b90be59dfdba (resized).jpgc2f9c5496f8b96cb4cee5d47cb48b90be59dfdba (resized).jpg

#5375 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yep..., perfect yellow match and perfect continuity! It must really stink being (color) blind!

Fine, point taken, the yellow is off a little. Could be due to the picture too I suppose. No reason to hate on @pinrob's sweet looking decals though. Honestly, I think they look sweet.

#5376 6 years ago

I think Pinrob's art blades match up pretty good. Be cool to see more pics with betting lighting.

#5377 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh! I didn't notice that. Okay, that actually is kinda cool! I think the only part I'm not digging is the "Lost in the Zone" on the backboard.

#5378 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Is there a matching left side art?

#5379 6 years ago

Yeah look at the auction link. It's not the same, but it looks cool.

#5380 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You know, I really like how the playfield art is directly continued on the blades

Well, at least that was the original idea.... As they say, easier said than done!

Quoted from wizard_mode:

No reason to hate

No hate here, life is beautiful... I just said the colors were off. (Period). Unfortunately, as seen below, it stinks knowing that's not the rule here on pinside.

Quoted from wizard_mode:

Yeah those desert colors really match the PF much better. LMAO. Must stink being color blind...

#5381 6 years ago

Ok yeah cool here is a pic of both sides. Looks sweet!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5382 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, at least that was the original idea.... As they say, easier said than done!

No hate here, life is beautiful... I just said the colors were off. (Period). Unfortunately, as seen below, it stinks knowing that's not the rule here on pinside.

No hate at all. Just stating that it must stink being color blind (period). I took your comments as negative especially after you hated on the bat armor a few posts prior. Maybe it was a misunderstanding and you were just being chummy. Maybe it is a cultural miscommunication. Who knows.

#5383 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Ok yeah cool here is a pic of both sides. Looks sweet!

That one was best implemented... But the thing with this decals is, no matter the angle you look at, it will never provide a correct continuity of the PF art. And that is the sole point of this art.

#5384 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That one was best implemented... But the thing with this decals is, no matter the angle you look at, it will never provide a correct continuity of the PF art. And that is the sole point of this art.

Looks like it lines up prefect from the player's perspective...

#5385 6 years ago

Some pics with more lighting 21000802-C5F8-45AA-B3C5-3296AFD4F9A9 (resized).jpeg21000802-C5F8-45AA-B3C5-3296AFD4F9A9 (resized).jpeg6926C420-0E40-4A7F-BCE3-365C35492116 (resized).jpeg6926C420-0E40-4A7F-BCE3-365C35492116 (resized).jpegF369EB2C-2947-4BFE-B2C4-B8E512A6FDAD (resized).jpegF369EB2C-2947-4BFE-B2C4-B8E512A6FDAD (resized).jpeg

#5386 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Some pics with more lighting

Thanks for sharing these I think they look amazing and I love how they match what is going on with the playfield. The slight difference in color I do not think takes anything away from the presentation. The decals I have only matched the theme not really the game and playfield so I like these alot!!!!!!!! Again great job I think a lot of people will be checking out these decals now!

#5387 6 years ago

I dig the side blades, but could do without the backstop (maybe if the text was removed)

Cool stuff!

#5388 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Some pics with more lighting

Pics may be brighter... still... colors off / lines discontinued (no matter the perspective)...

Orange pop bumper cap must be corrected!

And what's up with the flipper bat decals?

#5389 6 years ago

#5390 6 years ago

#5391 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pics may be brighter... still... colors off / lines discontinued (no matter the perspective)...

I’m glad you are so bent out of shape on how my TZ looks. Everything will stay as is just to aggravate you.

#5392 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, Alex, I think you're a cool guy, but who died and made you the pinball critic?? The guys game looks fine. People aren't slamming your sticker mods, are they?

#5393 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I’m glad you are so bent out of shape on how my TZ looks. Everything will stay as is just to aggravate you.

Please, do that! I'll sleep better at night just for knowing that you got your tz all wrong and ugly!

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Dude, Alex, I think you're a cool guy, but who died and made you the pinball critic??

It's friday and I'm bored at work. Besides, Mr. Rio doesn't like jealous pinsiders such as pinrob!

#5394 6 years ago

Hahaha, well you gotta be you I guess.

#5395 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Best TZ side art I have seen. About 10x better than "draw at least 20 TZ stuff randomly" kind of side arts.

#5396 6 years ago

It is all an illusion. Looks like the caps are red, yellow and amber to me.

#5397 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

It is all an illusion. Looks like the caps are red, yellow and amber to me.

Quoted from wizard_mode:

LMAO. Must stink being color blind...

#5398 6 years ago

TZ cover arrived

2CC779E3-D2CB-4DBE-9F92-72DB4910E68E (resized).jpeg2CC779E3-D2CB-4DBE-9F92-72DB4910E68E (resized).jpeg

#5399 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

TZ cover arrived

Man that looks great! Is that a blanket or is it sized specifically for the game?

#5400 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man that looks great! Is that a blanket or is it sized specifically for the game?

It’s a blanket/towel 36”x60” $23.20 total shipped

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 132.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
There are 15,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.