IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 305.
#5001 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

And.... Post #5000 is mine!!!

Winner!

#5002 6 years ago

Thanks bro...

BTW, here's my Collect Spiral Sign finally installed!!! Thanks lyonsden for the beautiful clear bracket!

IMG_20171222_184621 (resized).jpgIMG_20171222_184621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171222_184628 (resized).jpgIMG_20171222_184628 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171222_184643 (resized).jpgIMG_20171222_184643 (resized).jpg

#5003 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thanks bro...
BTW, here's my Collect Spiral Sign finally installed!!! Thanks lyonsden for the beautiful clear bracket!

After the 4 months it took the bracket to arrive, I'm glad it has been installed. Looks great!

#5004 6 years ago

Ok.....I'm too lazy to look through the pages.....proper color for piano lights? Yellow on top, or Red? I've got yellow on top, and watching in attract mode, think I'm backwards....thanks guys.....

#5005 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok.....I'm too lazy to look through the pages.....proper color for piano lights? Yellow on top, or Red? I've got yellow on top, and watching in attract mode, think I'm backwards....thanks guys.....

I believe it’s yellow closest to the flippers, red towards the backbox

#5006 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe it’s yellow closest to the flippers, red towards the backbox

I've got the piano mod where they are on top of each other.....embarrassed as they both popped out during gameplay last week, and I can't remember which one went on top....forgot to use a dab of hot melt on those to hold them in place...suspect being it's not factory doesn't really matter, but my OCD kicking in...

#5007 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've got the piano mod where they are on top of each other.....embarrassed as they both popped out during gameplay last week, and I can't remember which one went on top....forgot to use a dab of hot melt on those to hold them in place...suspect being it's not factory doesn't really matter, but my OCD kicking in...

I ziptied mine together, and just use one screw to keep them in, but they still do pop out every once in a while

#5008 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I ziptied mine together, and just use one screw to keep them in, but they still do pop out every once in a while

Agreed....usually happens during a good ball...then the decision....do I finish the ball, and let the bulb vanish into oblivion, or just drain? I've done both...usually accompanied w profanity.....

#5009 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed....usually happens during a good ball...then the decision....do I finish the ball, and let the bulb vanish into oblivion, or just drain? I've done both...usually accompanied w profanity.....

I once replaced a flipper coil on a flipper stuck upright in the middle of a game on my CFTBL. Must have been in between balls, but I got grand champion!

#5010 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I once replaced a flipper coil on a flipper stuck upright in the middle of a game on my CFTBL. Must have been in between balls, but I got grand champion!

Sweet!!!!

#5011 6 years ago

Oh and the best part is, that wasn’t the problem - it was the flipper opto!!

#5012 6 years ago

Here's my entrant in the beauty contest. It had been sitting in a basement unplayed for 20 years (along with 3 matching machines.) As my Grail game, I couldn't resist adding a couple of mods.

IMG_20171204_211159500 (resized).jpgIMG_20171204_211159500 (resized).jpg

#5013 6 years ago

Jcoble- looks beautiful man..I’m right down the road in Concord NC and hoping to join the club this weekend!

#5014 6 years ago
Quoted from DeafnDumb:

Jcoble- looks beautiful man..I’m right down the road in Concord NC and hoping to join the club this weekend!

Awesome! Good luck and don't be afraid to wait on the right one. I walked away from two that were more expensive and lower quality before finding mine.

#5015 6 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

I couldn't resist adding a couple of mods.

Just a couple, huh?

#5016 6 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

I couldn't resist adding a couple of mods.

Complete with Pinstadium Lights. What flasher did you connect to?

#5017 6 years ago

Does anyone have problems with rusty/oxided balls when they get too much time standing down in the gutter? Well, I do have that trouble with my TZ so I just acquired this piece of plastic that fits right to any B/W game.

IMG_20171230_111209 (resized).jpgIMG_20171230_111209 (resized).jpg

#5018 6 years ago

Uhm.. That's for an under-the-playfield ball trough, that uses LEDs for ball detection. That won't work on TZ's trough..

#5019 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That's for an under-the-playfield ball trough..

Exactly!

Quoted from Coyote:

...that uses LEDs for ball detection. That won't work on TZ's trough..

Oh shit...

#5020 6 years ago

OT: Downloaded these beautiful pics last week (can't remember which site though...).

tz1 (resized).jpgtz1 (resized).jpg

tz3 (resized).jpgtz3 (resized).jpg

tz2 (resized).jpgtz2 (resized).jpg

tz5 (resized).jpgtz5 (resized).jpg

tz4 (resized).jpgtz4 (resized).jpg

tz6 (resized).jpgtz6 (resized).jpg

tz7 (resized).jpgtz7 (resized).jpg

tz9 (resized).jpgtz9 (resized).jpg

tz8 (resized).jpgtz8 (resized).jpg

tz10 (resized).jpgtz10 (resized).jpg

tz12 (resized).jpgtz12 (resized).jpg

tz11 (resized).jpgtz11 (resized).jpg

tz13 (resized).jpgtz13 (resized).jpg

#5021 6 years ago

Are those for
The upcoming reboot?

#5022 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are those for
The upcoming reboot?

Nope - just a tribute by an independent artist......

#5023 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Uhm.. That's for an under-the-playfield ball trough, that uses LEDs for ball detection. That won't work on TZ's trough..

Yeah, it's a different kind of ball through, I just checked.

#5024 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809
No TZ there

#5025 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I have this peice in my CV.

#5026 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have this peice in my CV.

I ended up installing them at my Congo and my TotAN... Does anyone know where to find a similar part for TZ? Maybe PinRob can help us?

#5027 6 years ago

I have a question please.
Do people think that the area to the right of the right ramp in the Lock are is dark? I added leds to my game so everything is nice and bright except the upper right part of the playfield.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

#5028 6 years ago

Join the club with my TZ freshly restored ...
Some pics before restoration and a video.
- All parts have been done refurbished -
- No new parts used on this restoration except: rubbers, starpost

VIDEO

-------------------------------------

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
20 (resized).JPG20 (resized).JPG
28 (resized).JPG28 (resized).JPG
29 (resized).JPG29 (resized).JPG
31 (resized).JPG31 (resized).JPG
32 (resized).JPG32 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPGIMG_0274 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPGIMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0365 (resized).JPGIMG_0365 (resized).JPG
IMG_0320 (resized).JPGIMG_0320 (resized).JPG
IMG_0504 (resized).jpgIMG_0504 (resized).jpg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpgIMG_0512 (resized).jpg
IMG_0537 (resized).jpgIMG_0537 (resized).jpg
IMG_0525 (resized).jpgIMG_0525 (resized).jpg
IMG_0584 (resized).jpgIMG_0584 (resized).jpg
IMG_0578 (resized).jpgIMG_0578 (resized).jpg
IMG_0585 (resized).jpgIMG_0585 (resized).jpg
IMG_0593 (resized).jpgIMG_0593 (resized).jpg

#5029 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Joined the club with my TZ freshly restored ...

Beautiful restoration! The thing looks better than new!

#5030 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I ended up installing them at my Congo and my TotAN... Does anyone know where to find a similar part for TZ? Maybe pinrob can help us?

If your balls are getting stuck in the trough in TZ, you should check all your switches; some are stucking. The trough design in TZ does not have the balls-sticking issue as the WPC-S or WPC-95 troughs do.

You wouldn't WANT to use one either, as then you would need to re-adjust your trough switches and prox sensor (and maybe even the trough eject linkage), as the plastic would raise the ball height in the trough.

If your switches are adjusted, and you're still having issues, just get a new one of these: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-3569-1 (And I'm sure you could find it cheaper elsewhere.)

#5031 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If your balls are getting stuck in the trough in TZ, you should check all your switches; some are stucking. The trough design in TZ does not have the balls-sticking issue as the WPC-S or WPC-95 troughs do.
You wouldn't WANT to use one either, as then you would need to re-adjust your trough switches and prox sensor (and maybe even the trough eject linkage), as the plastic would raise the ball height in the trough.
If your switches are adjusted, and you're still having issues, just get a new one of these: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-3569-1

Fact is my (pin)balls aren't getting stuck, but rusty/oxided pretty fast (it's much worse with my TAF). That's why I desperately need a similar solution for these pins...

Quoted from Coyote:

(And I'm sure you could find it cheaper elsewhere.)

#5032 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

VIDEO
» YouTube video

Beautiful!

I don't think I've ever seen a worse looking cabinet!

Nice job on the restoration!

#5033 6 years ago

I spot at least one BIG part... cab bottom!

Incredible work all the same! Well done.

#5034 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Fact is my (pin)balls aren't getting stuck, but rusty/oxided pretty fast (it's much worse with my TAF). That's why I desperately need a similar solution for these pins...

Well, obviously Alex, your issue is dry balls. You gotta use some ball oil on those things man!

#5035 6 years ago

What a restoration! Happy to say I am also officially in the club with a nice example. So happy to finally have TZ. It's my favorite game. Are there key posts for newbies in this thread? Hard to catch up on 5000 posts. I don't need help with mods, game already has a lot of those. An opto is out in my clock. I understand there are better clock boards out there but not really not really sure what I need. I just want everything to work right. Other problem I have is line out in the dmd. Good excused for a colordmd I suppose.

20171231_183902 (resized).jpg20171231_183902 (resized).jpg

#5036 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

An opto is out in my clock.

I'm sure I can give you a hand with that issue. Which one is it currently flagging?

#5037 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'm sure I can give you a hand with that issue. Which one is it currently flagging?

Game reports clock is broken. Fast clock test shows bottom opto stuck closed.

#5038 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Why are your pinballs rusting? Do you leave near water or in a very humid climate?

#5039 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well, obviously Alex, your issue is dry balls. You gotta use some ball oil on those things man!

Quoted from pintechev:

Why are your pinballs rusting? Do you leave near water or in a very humid climate?

Well, I live about 15 km from the nearest beach, my game-room is next to my swiming pool, and yes, Rio has a humid climate.... But the odd thing is that only the balls of my TZ and TAF are rusting... That doesn't happen with my other 10 pins...

#5040 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What a restoration! Happy to say I am also officially in the club with a nice example. So happy to finally have TZ. It's my favorite game. Are there key posts for newbies in this thread? Hard to catch up on 5000 posts. I don't need help with mods, game already has a lot of those. An opto is out in my clock. I understand there are better clock boards out there but not really not really sure what I need. I just want everything to work right. Other problem I have is line out in the dmd. Good excused for a colordmd I suppose.

I really like that Talky Tina doll!

#5041 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

VIDEO
» YouTube video

Nice work and it looks like you have an interesting game. It lacks the third magnet and has white artwork leading to the left ramp, but has the green lock insert. Also, the right orbit gumball orbit shot is a sticker over the sample/prototype plastic and the miniplayfield lacks the "flip here". Boards in the backbox and under playfield look to be production versions (e.g., missing the 2x 7-opto boards under the playfield.) Looks to be at the point where they were transition between sample and production games. Can you put your serial number into http://www.ipsnd.net/ and see where it is placed?

#5042 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I really like that Talky Tina doll!

Not sure I like that one. Not a big fan of the whole toy mods stuck all over. TZ is the one game where it does work given the theme and packed playfield. Last owner said they were all high end mods with many no longer available. Seems like most of them can be found on websites and ebay. Thinking of selling some of them but not sure they are worth all that much. Are there any hard to find mods in demand?

#5043 6 years ago

Hey guys. Looking at getting one in the next few months or so. Whats a good price range for a good condition?

#5044 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys. Looking at getting one in the next few months or so. Whats a good price range for a good condition?

5500-6500

#5045 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I live about 15 km from the nearest beach, my game-room is next to my swiming pool, and yes, Rio has a humid climate.... But the odd thing is that only the balls of my TZ and TAF are rusting... That doesn't happen with my other 10 pins...

I can’t wrap my head around why it’s worse on those pins. But you could take out the metal part and carefully cover it in Mylar and see if that helps.

#5046 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not sure I like that one. Not a big fan of the whole toy mods stuck all over. TZ is the one game where it does work given the theme and packed playfield. Last owner said they were all high end mods with many no longer available. Seems like most of them can be found on websites and ebay. Thinking of selling some of them but not sure they are worth all that much. Are there any hard to find mods in demand?

I kinda agree with you... Though that Talky Tina is very well reproduced, when it comes to mods, most of the time less is more!

#5047 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I can’t wrap my head around why it’s worse on those pins. But you could take out the metal part and carefully cover it in Mylar and see if that helps.

Hey, I think hat's a really good idea!!! Thanks!

#5048 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

No disrespect, just found this a bit funny (First World Problem) ...

"I live so close to the beach in a wonderful tropical climate and my 10 pinballs are next to my swimming pool so it is causing a couple of my pinballs to corrode..."

#5049 6 years ago

Question for anyone who has switched to LEDs: which type of white did you use in the backbox, cool or warm? I'm working on mine right now but my translite is quite brown (maybe from cigarette smoke?) and it's making it hard for me to judge.

#5050 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Question for anyone who has switched to LEDs: which type of white did you use in the backbox, cool or warm?

I actually used cool though out my TZ years & years ago. I might have moved to warm if i did it now but it looks normal to me now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/101?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.