IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 305.
#4951 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

In fact, for my money, TZ is the only game I considered NOT using ColorDMD on, because it looks so good in monochrome. I would love to get just grey dots on there, but seems like a waste of a colorDMD...

You could get that DIY DMD project. A lot cheaper than ColorDMD, and it can do white.

#4952 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don't quite get what you mean... pretty much everything that can be colored is colored. The JACKPOT animation and LITZ start is fantastic.

Jackpot is cool! LITZ, haven't got there yet... I guess the grey/white combination on the score animation bothered me most...

#4953 6 years ago

Talking about colors.... still getting it right

IMG-20171201-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20171201-WA0000 (resized).jpg

#4954 6 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

If you're keen enough, you could replace all the orange LEDs on a DMD to normal white ones.

Um.... noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Although I guess I *could* build one using Pin2DMD but I've got 2 project machines right now.. prob not happening

#4955 6 years ago

I was sitted on the floor playing with my dog, and I accidentally looked at the TZ translite and noticed a very nice 3D effect on left side ("curious shop" window, rocket...) I tried to replicate on pictures but the effect is just not there... Maybe it's only noticed by naked eye within a specific angle and distance? I "feel" it more when I'm a few feet away from the machine, in a angle of about 30 degrees....

IMG_20171207_205751 (resized).jpgIMG_20171207_205751 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171207_205743 (resized).jpgIMG_20171207_205743 (resized).jpg

#4956 6 years ago

Hello all. Quick question for all you tz owners. Whats a minty tz with color dmd and just about every mod avaialable (to many to list)? Thanks

#4957 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Hello all. Quick question for all you tz owners. Whats a minty tz with color dmd and just about every mod avaialable (to many to list)? Thanks

Answering your question: A minty TZ with color dmd and just about every mod available (too many to list)! Did I get it right?

#4958 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Is the question about how much the game would be worth? Define “minty”. If it’s got a great play field, no insert issues no major scratches no chipped clear, and good condition decals I’ve seen them in the high 7s

#4959 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I was sitted on the floor playing with my dog, and I accidentally looked at the TZ translite and noticed a very nice 3D effect on left side ("curious shop" window, rocket...) I tried to replicate on pictures but the effect is just not there... Maybe it's only noticed by naked eye within a specific angle and distance? I "feel" it more when I'm a few feet away from the machine, in a angle of about 30 degrees....

Your TZ is mentioned in this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/15#post-4112557

#4960 6 years ago

oh well, I know... I've been toying with the lights on my bg for quite some time now and I still haven't found a set-up that I enjoy.... I also agree it's too colorful right now....

#4961 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

$5550 - $6450

#4962 6 years ago

Talking about colors (again)...

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-08 at 15.42.37 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-12-08 at 15.42.37 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-08 at 15.42.36 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-12-08 at 15.42.36 (resized).jpeg

#4963 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Talking about colors (again)...

Are those your reproduction plastics? If so, they are looking very good to me.

#4964 6 years ago

Any TZ owners have a used ceramic ball they’d like to sell? I need one for my JP and I don’t wanna spend $50 on a ball that moves about 4 inches once a game. Please pm me if you’ve got something.

I’m sure C65Mustang would take any leftovers as well

#4965 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Are those your reproduction plastics? If so, they are looking very good to me.

Added over 6 years ago: If you need anyone, just tell me!

#4967 6 years ago

So here is a trick to help people..

Tonight I had to dive into the Geneva switch in the gumball.. which can be a real PITA.

For those who don't know, the Geneva Switch is a micro-switch with blade attached to the bottom of the gumball machine and is a common fail point. The ugly part is the switch is basically right next to the playfield, and the switch is held on with a backing plate. And removing the entire gumball machine not only takes major disassembly on the topside... getting the gumball machine out the playfield hole with the switch attached is super sketchy. So taking the gumball out is not really an option... and working with it under the PF is really frustrating. Getting the switch off is easy, getting it back on due to the backing plate and no room.. ugh.

So after taking the switch off, adjusting the blade and verifying its operation in test... I have to get the switch back on, while holding in position, and trying to somehow place the backing plate.

Well here is my simple solution..

I took a piece of 1/16" thick acrylic I had lying around... and broke off a small piece. I then put a piece of two sided tape on it, and then put the backing plate on the tape. This game me a nice little sheet I could use to position the plate.. It let me reach behind the bracket where you can't get your fingers in.. it held the backing plate secure and let me adjust the position. And even better.. the thickness was almost perfect in that the plate just held in place with friction, so I didn't even have to hold it while I positioned the screw and switch!

Check it out

Just small plate with two sided tape..
IMG_3968 (resized).JPGIMG_3968 (resized).JPG

And here it is holding the backing plate in place for me with no hands needed
IMG_3966 (resized).JPGIMG_3966 (resized).JPG

Use this idea anytime you need to hold those impossible plates in place where you just can't get your hands!

#4968 6 years ago

so I replaced my stock plastic clock housing with a UV green one. I wanted it to be loud as possible. something that really stands out. what do you think?

20171213_200246 (resized).jpg20171213_200246 (resized).jpg

#4969 6 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

so I replaced my stock plastic clock housing with a UV green one. I wanted it to be loud as possible. something that really stands out. what do you think?

Well, It's pretty cool, but looks more like the color of Slimer in Ghostbusters than a TZ thing-

#4970 6 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Well, It's pretty cool, but looks more like the color of Slimer in Ghostbusters than a TZ thing-

I agree. Beside clear, red or blue fits well to TZ colors.

redclock1 (resized).jpgredclock1 (resized).jpg

blueclock1 (resized).jpgblueclock1 (resized).jpg

#4971 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I agree. Beside clear, red or blue fits well to TZ colors.

+1. There's no room for green into the Twilight Zone!

#4972 6 years ago

That green is WILD. does it show up like that in real life or just in the pix?

I would've stayed clear myself, but a dear friend gave me a blue one so blue it is.

#4973 6 years ago

Quick question all - my clock lights are out; I have a replacement LED clock but it’s not Ingo’s board. I have verified at least one wire is feeding power, after swapping to another clock board. Is there a common fail point I should check? I’m at work now but was figuring I’d take it apart when I get home

#4974 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

.... like hell.
bHH2qO5 (resized).jpgbHH2qO5 (resized).jpg

#4975 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

A113C69C-A1AA-4C32-93CC-DB374B940179 (resized).jpegA113C69C-A1AA-4C32-93CC-DB374B940179 (resized).jpeg

#4976 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

.... like hell.

That is cheating!

#4977 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

.... like hell.

You tell 'em, Coyote!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is cheating!

No, it's not cheating! I have the green "Lock" insert on my TZ, as all sample and early production units do. Personally, I like it, as it is unique and really stands out.

Now, as far as that green "Clock Millions" is concerned, THAT is cheating!

#4978 6 years ago

Hehe.
Sorry.

While I LIKE the color green, IMHO, since there IS none in TZ(*), the green LOCK insert just stands out. One of the big reasons I like it. All the other inserts, white, red, yellow... they 'blend in' to the artwork, which is not a BAD thing. But the sudden green lighting up draws your eye.

#4979 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hehe.
Sorry.
While I LIKE the color green, IMHO, since there IS none in TZ(*), the green LOCK insert just stands out. One of the big reasons I like it. All the other inserts, white, red, yellow... they 'blend in' to the artwork, which is not a BAD thing. But the sudden green lighting up draws your eye.

One of the few inserts where I like it to be very very bright since it tends to be a tad darker than most standard lock inserts - and it’s a bit tough to see if you don’t know where to look

#4980 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That green is WILD. does it show up like that in real life or just in the pix?
I would've stayed clear myself, but a dear friend gave me a blue one so blue it is.

It is "Wild" I was on the fence about it. everyone has the blue one and that's the problem. while the blue looks good, I dont want to be like everyone else. they were for sale at expo this year from mantis $40. I spent a day thinking about it. Talking with the owner and he tells me "20-1" blue verse green. sealed it right there. I have the indigo board that rob anthony put in with blue LED's. so there is no white light coming from the clock it's blue but the camera picks it up as white.
So the cassing just lights up bright green and white gauges actually have a circular clock backdrop to them. makes it look pretty decent. After being on the fence about it, im kinda digging it. Diffently something people will talk about once they see it.

20171213_190509 (resized).jpg20171213_190509 (resized).jpg

#4981 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hehe.
Sorry.

Quick questions Coyote. I put leds in my TZ last month. I am still trying to get the 5 yellow color inserts, just above the flippers, correct (2 million, power, 4 million , power, 10 million inserts). I have yellow 4 SMD 555 in the inserts now. It sort of makes them look orange. I had the natural 4 SMD in the inserts before and they looked like a crappy off yellow. Any suggestions on what color to use. I get my LEDs from Comet.

Thanks Coyote.

#4982 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Quick questions Coyote. I put leds in my TZ last month. I am still trying to get the 5 yellow color inserts, just above the flippers, correct (2 million, power, 4 million , power, 10 million inserts). I have yellow 4 SMD 555 in the inserts now. It sort of makes them look orange. I had the natural 4 SMD in the inserts before and they looked like a crappy off yellow. Any suggestions on what color to use. I get my LEDs from Comet.
Thanks Coyote.

Standard LEDs (not natural, not warm) look best in mine. Get ‘em from PBL, just white. You also may want to dial down from the 4 LED ones, that may be overpowering the natural colour of the insert, which defeats the purpose of what you’re trying to achieve

#4983 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Thanks Coyote.

Honestly, not sure i can help. Because there are so many variations on yellow and red in the game (two different reds - outlanes and door lock inserts), I went with warm white in ALL my inserts (except one - I did put a green super bright in my LOCK). That way, I was able to keep the different reds intact.

#4984 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Thanks Coyote.

I’ll check what I did on mine for you. I used Comet and got the lower yellow inserts perfect and did the orange door inserts too. Don’t remember off hand but will post pics and what I used later.

#4985 6 years ago

I used these from Cometpinball http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm
Warm white for the lower yellow inserts and orange for the door panel inserts
And double flex head flux in red for the Gum, Ball, Lock 1, Lock 2
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2-flux-wired.htm
In real life it looks perfect but camera pictures of LEDs never show what they really look like.
88DEF373-F1D4-4CB1-AC25-A514529A6600 (resized).jpeg88DEF373-F1D4-4CB1-AC25-A514529A6600 (resized).jpeg

#4986 6 years ago

Has any of you replaced all inserts to clear version with a combination of color leds?
I know there is a thread about full black and white TZ, this time I am looking for original pf artwork with clear inserts.
Thanks

#4987 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Has any of you replaced all inserts to clear version with a combination of color leds?
I know there is a thread about full black and white TZ, this time I am looking for original pf artwork with clear inserts.
Thanks

Omg what an incredible amount of work this would be !!

#4988 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Omg what an incredible amount of work this would be !!

Yes, a LOT of work. Does it make sense?
My friend's pf:

IMG-c59d7655333e16b177964e5dc54f7c6a-V (resized).jpgIMG-c59d7655333e16b177964e5dc54f7c6a-V (resized).jpg

#4989 6 years ago

Aaah! The horror!!

#4990 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Aaah! The horror!!

And the beauty pack

20170217_130218 (resized).jpg20170217_130218 (resized).jpg

#4991 6 years ago

I'd like to see that PF with the white inserts!

#4992 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Me too
I am not brave enough to start...

#4993 6 years ago

Don't forget the mini PF.

#4994 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Me too
I am not brave enough to start...

I think it will look very nice!

#4995 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I think it will look very nice!

Tough call. I have seen Stern Walking Dead Pro with white/clear inserts and that was strange. Maybe TZ is too classic game for such a radical change.

#4996 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Don't forget the mini PF.

Of course. However you can't buy new clear lightning inserts from webshops.

#4997 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I am very curious too!

#4998 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I’ll check what I did on mine for you. I used Comet and got the lower yellow inserts perfect and did the orange door inserts too. Don’t remember off hand but will post pics and what I used later.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I am going to place an order.

#4999 6 years ago

Are the locks supposed to empty at game start? is this a setting?
Also, here's a funny story. I kept losing balls in the game. I couldn't figure out why. Turns out, on airballs, sometimes the ball gets stuck behind the right magna flip sign. Going to have to put something there to keep balls out

#5000 6 years ago

And.... Post #5000 is mine!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 14.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 132.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.