IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 305.
#451 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Go for Ingo's clock board,

And you can get it from Boryguard (sp) now

http://lockwhenlit.com/products.htm

#452 9 years ago

How does that purple board look installed? I'm trying to imagine it in my clock.

#453 9 years ago

I didn't like the idea of a purple board so I bought direct from Ingo (which was cheaper anyway) and the board was green

He even threw in a different color set of LED's for free, Such a nice guy

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

How does that purple board look installed? I'm trying to imagine it in my clock.

Anyone know? Mines still waiting to be installed.
EDIT: Doubt you'd be able to see the color though with the decal in front and all. Maybe form the side, but that doesn;t concern me at all...esepecially since there's a lot of purple in the game.

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

I didn't like the idea of a purple board so I bought direct from Ingo (which was cheaper anyway) and the board was green
He even threw in a different color set of LED's for free, Such a nice guy

Cheaper even after shipping from Germany?

#456 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Yup,

Really didn't like the look of the purple board so I'm glad I contacted him direct,

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Looks like $147 base model from Germany.

#458 9 years ago

Never mind, I see his site now.

Currently $130 + $17 for shipping to USA. Does this come with LEDs, or do they have to be ordered separately?

I see the options for different colors, just not sure if I need to make a selection if I just want standard LEDs.

#459 9 years ago

$166.98 USD shipped from Borygard.

#460 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I see the options for different colors, just not sure if I need to make a selection if I just want standard LEDs.

"Comes with warm LED"
Other colors are add ons it seems.

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Comes with warm LED"
Other colors are add ons it seems.

Thanks.

As for the clock housing itself, any difference in them? Do these new boards need ventilation?

#462 9 years ago

If you're goal is to replicate the factory look with Ingo's board, get it with the warm whites and put the brightness pot at about 65-70%(YMMV). It looks absolutely perfect.

I had it like that for a while, but I swapped out the colored clock face for the white one and put the rainbow LEDs behind it for a fun little change from the norm. It's so easy to swap everything in and out, I can probably change it back to the regular stuff in about 20 minutes. And that's if I take my time doing it.

I'm so glad I bought this board. It's so easy to work with and change setting on. He really thought ahead about a bunch of stuff and made it the right way. Plus, he really takes care of you afterwards if something's wrong. I had issues with LED colors not matching and he sent me out two new sets, free of charge.

Tmezel: What if you put that door at the end of the wireform, above the shooter lane? You wouldn't block the skill shot there.

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

As for the clock housing itself, any difference in them? Do these new boards need ventilation?

Not in the least. In the actual thread about Ingo's board with the reviews, someone actually took an IR gun and measured the temps before and after. The difference was vast.

They had a graph and everything. It was quite official.

#464 9 years ago

Had a question about high scores on the 9.4 home ROM. I've beaten a few of the scores and haven't been able to enter my initials. I do have it set to 5 ball with the add a ball option on. Would like to know what I can do to get my initials up.

#465 9 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

Had a question about high scores on the 9.4 home ROM. I've beaten a few of the scores and haven't been able to enter my initials. I do have it set to 5 ball with the add a ball option on. Would like to know what I can do to get my initials up.

I haven't had any problems entering high scores, and I am running 9.4H.

There are two different tiers of high scores; one is with the extra ball buy-in, the other without. The preset scores are higher for the buy-in. So, if you get 650+ million, I think, without using the extra ball buy-in, you should be able to enter your initials. However, I think the lowest buy-in score is closer to 950 million.

#466 9 years ago

I did a little more cleaning under the playfield. Here's what is hiding under the door, no wonder my door panel lights seemed a bit dim. I cleaned the underside of the inserts as well.

TZ_Doorlights.jpgTZ_Doorlights.jpg

While I had the glass off, I also added this blue shooter tip from Titan Pinball.

tz_bluetip.jpgtz_bluetip.jpg

3 weeks later
#467 9 years ago

Quick question on sound. There are a handful of quiet sounds on my machine that have just a very little bit of pop or crackle with them. It sounds a little like what you might hear if your iPod headphone jack is a little loose--just a little crackle.

One is the first 3 notes of the TZ theme that play when a ball ends & the bonus sequence starts. Another is the crescendo of the rocket launch after plunging the ball.

I've run the sound tests & hear no issues with all songs/sounds played in the service menu.

I've gone through & wiggled the connectors/solder joints/wires between the speakers & the sound board--nothing loose there--I can't induce the crackle.

My guess is that those few quiet sound files just have little inherent flaws in them. Has anybody else noticed this?

Thanks,
-Jason

#468 9 years ago

Not on mine.

You might want to check/reseat the ribbon cables to and from the soundboard as well. Then start looking for corrosion on all of the solder joints, traces, and on the capacitors.

#469 9 years ago

Anyone have a suggestion where to get subway ramps? One of mine is busted up. Also would like to find a good gumball base but haven't seen those either.

#470 9 years ago

Back in the Tz club for the third time !!
image-263.jpgimage-263.jpg

#471 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Anyone have a suggestion where to get subway ramps? One of mine is busted up. Also would like to find a good gumball base but haven't seen those either.

Here is the main subway, but he is in Australia, so it might only be helpful as a last resort. He also has gumball machine parts, but not the base.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-16133.html

#472 9 years ago

Hi All,

I just pulled the "removing the mini playfield" decal off while restoring my TZ cabinet, and now I'm looking for a new one.

Does anybody have this scan anymore so I can make one, because the one Jnauman linked in this thread does not open for me???!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-cabinet-mini-playfield-instruction-decal-needed#post-1934511

Any help would be really appreciated as always,

Chris

#473 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisg:

Here is the main subway, but he is in Australia, so it might only be helpful as a last resort. He also has gumball machine parts, but not the base.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-16133.html

Thx - my main subway is the only good one! What I need are the two little ones.

1 week later
#474 9 years ago

Check out my pretty new clock hands. Mirror polished stainless steel. I'll post some pics of them in my clock when I get a chance. I have also made some red and blue plastic ones for a bit of fun. More pics soon!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisg:

Check out my pretty new clock hands. Mirror polished stainless steel. I'll post some pics of them in my clock when I get a chance. I have also made some red and blue plastic ones for a bit of fun. More pics soon!

Nice job - and just up the road from me. Can I grab a set BEFORE you quickly get a C&D order from the lads?

#476 9 years ago

Yeah, I'll take some right now.

#477 9 years ago

Can't wait to see how those stainless clock arms look installed.

#478 9 years ago

Great job - a must have, and my TZ already looks wrong without it
Special delivery for pinball pals
Cheers,
Ken

1 week later
#479 9 years ago

Bringing up clock boards (again)..

Does anyone have Ingo's board? (http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html)

If so, how's it handle GI dimming?

Post edited by Coyote: Fixed copy & paste of URL. Sheesh..

#480 9 years ago

Has anyone done this with their game yet? Reviews? Other than the Gumballs, this may be my only other mod to my TZ game. At $400, it better be most righteous!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/4BKxpeR3ZsU?autoplay=1&rel=0
http://www.pinsound.org/pinballs/wpc-fliptronics/twilight-zone/

Thank you.

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Has anyone done this with their game yet? Reviews? Other than the Gumballs, this may be my only other mod to my TZ game. At $400, it better be most righteous!
Thank you.

That looks interesting! My TZ came with an extra amp and huge speakers so it might be worth it for me to do this....

#482 9 years ago

Thank you.

I have one on preorder. Haven't gotten it yet. Unfortunately, when I DO, it'll still be a while before I can play with it, since my PF's coming out to get restored.

Honestly, I'm not at all interested in any of the advanced features. I'm a sucker for the original, and hoping that the board does good with the original sounds. Unlike the actual soundboard, this one uses WAV files recorded from the original board. This means, too, that there's "more channels" than the original board. (i.e. Restarting a game as you shoot the ball. Serling says, 'You open this door with the-' and gets cut off by the slot-machine sound. With this board, it's entirely possible (and likely) that now both sounds will play over themselves.) This means that, agian, in theory, you could have two different characters ('The Power' and Serling) talking over one another.

And, again.. I'm not interested in the 'remade' sounds. (I'm not a big 'mod' guy, either..)

#483 9 years ago

i'm getting a project twilight zone next month

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Does anyone have Ingo's board?

Quoted from Coyote:

If so, how's it handle GI dimming?

I do. Love it!

The clock lights only dim long term when the GI saver is active. Even then, they're great. Otherwise it acts, reacts, and appears as expected from a factory board with incandescents.

I'd wait for the original DCS sounds that Chris Granner composed for TZ to be released before you go changing that board out....

#485 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

The clock lights only dim long term when the GI saver is active. Even then, they're great. Otherwise it acts, reacts, and appears as expected from a factory board with incandescents.

My understanding is that the board works fine when you use GI OCD which allows for LEDs to dim like they should. Mine will have this combo, but I won't see it for another month or two.

Quoted from Miguel351:

I'd wait for the original DCS sounds that Chris Granner composed for TZ to be released before you go changing that board out....

Very interested in this! I don't care for the youtube teaser, hopefully the Granner version is original with a higher bit-rate or whatever matters.

#486 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I do. Love it!

I thought the clock lights dimmed during the Jackpot animation as well? (Oddly, during gameplay, I'm more interested in than attract mode, since I like watching all the light-shows.) I'll play my game tonight and verify this. If they don't, then I'm not too worried about it.

Quoted from Miguel351:

Okay, I'll admit, I'm new to this site (but not pinball in general, nor my TZ).. I'll have to search this up and read about it..

#487 9 years ago

There are many situations where the lights on the clock flash and slowly fade in and out during gameplay. These LEDs that Ingo uses fade in and out beautifully. They even have a brightness control pot on the main board. Once I set that brightness to exactly what it was with the incandescents, someone would be hard pressed to be able to look at my clock and tell me I had warm white LEDs in it.

Quoted from Coyote:

Okay, I'll admit, I'm new to this site (but not pinball in general, nor my TZ).. I'll have to search this up and read about it..

Start watching this at just after the 1 hour mark and feast your ears on the awesomeness:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54067202

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

There are many situations where the lights on the clock flash and slowly fade in and out during gameplay. These LEDs that Ingo uses fade in and out beautifully. They even have a brightness control pot on the main board. Once I set that brightness to exactly what it was with the incandescents, someone would be hard pressed to be able to look at my clock and tell me I had warm white LEDs in it.

Yup! I knew my memory wasn't fooling me. Played a handful of "ehh..." games, but noticed it. Good to hear then, I'll be getting one of his!

Quoted from Miguel351:

Start watching this at just after the 1 hour mark and feast your ears on the awesomeness:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54067202

That. Is. Awesome. And someone made a comment about that different main-play music, and I agree - that would change the 'feel' of the game <b>considerably</b>!!

#489 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That. Is. Awesome. And someone made a comment about that different main-play music, and I agree - that would change the 'feel' of the game <b>considerably</b>!!

Loved most of it, but the main theme would take some getting used to. Not sure if this is for me or not.

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Loved most of it, but the main theme would take some getting used to. Not sure if this is for me or not.

I agree. The main theme that made it into production is more fitting. However, I would love to have the other tunes, and have them switchable.

Too much to ask, I'm sure.

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Too much to ask, I'm sure.

After doing some research on the Pinsound board, I don't think that'd be a problem at all. It looks like their UI let's you pick and choose what sounds go where.

In essence, you could make a fart noise for the rocket launch, put it on the SD card in .wav form, assign it to the launch feature, and it'd work in the game!

#492 9 years ago

This is my TZ, I made all the mods myself and saved a fortune.

DSC00282_Fotor.jpgDSC00282_Fotor.jpgDSC00284_Fotor.jpgDSC00284_Fotor.jpgDSC00296_Fotor.jpgDSC00296_Fotor.jpgDSC00300.jpgDSC00300.jpgDSC00301.jpgDSC00301.jpgDSC00308_Fotor.jpgDSC00308_Fotor.jpgDSC00312_Fotor.jpgDSC00312_Fotor.jpgDSC00319_Fotor.jpgDSC00319_Fotor.jpgDSC00320_Fotor.jpgDSC00320_Fotor.jpgDSC00323_Fotor.jpgDSC00323_Fotor.jpgDSC00324_Fotor.jpgDSC00324_Fotor.jpgDSC00328_Fotor.jpgDSC00328_Fotor.jpgDSC00333_Fotor.jpgDSC00333_Fotor.jpgDSC00338_Fotor.jpgDSC00338_Fotor.jpgDSC00341_Fotor.jpgDSC00341_Fotor.jpgDSC00343_Fotor.jpgDSC00343_Fotor.jpgDSC00325.jpgDSC00325.jpg

#493 9 years ago

That is beautiful, Amazing. I like the different colored lights. Great topper.

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

That is beautiful, Amazing. I like the different colored lights. Great topper.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

#495 9 years ago

I think the best "mod" is lubricating the spindles for the clock gears. Mine was really loud and I can't believe how much quieter it is now.

If you decide to lubricate yours, make sure you use a plastic-safe lubricant and use it sparingly.

Not really a mod I suppose, but it really makes my TZ more enjoyable to play.

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I think the best "mod" is lubricating the spindles for the clock gears. Mine was really loud and I can't believe how much quieter it is now.
If you decide to lubricate yours, make sure you use a plastic-safe lubricant and use it sparingly.
Not really a mod I suppose, but it really makes my TZ more enjoyable to play.

My clock is very loud. Are you talking about lubricating the shafts that the gears turn on and not the gears themselves? What kind of lube did you use? Would something like 3-in-1 machine oil work? Or maybe something like Jig-A-Loo?

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

My clock is very loud. Are you talking about lubricating the shafts that the gears turn on and not the gears themselves? What kind of lube did you use? Would something like 3-in-1 machine oil work? Or maybe something like Jig-A-Loo?

Yes, the shafts the gears rotate on. I used Brain Lube, which says it's safe for plastic. I bought it from Marco.

Just be very careful when you disassemble the gears. Pay close attention to the time on your clock, before you take it apart, and how the gears are assembled.

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Yes, the shafts the gears rotate on. I used Brain Lube, which says it's safe for plastic. I bought it from Marco.
Just be very careful when you disassemble the gears. Pay close attention to the time on your clock, before you take it apart, and how the gears are assembled.

You can go into your manual and it shows how to align the gears for reassembly. Super lube is the grease to use on those gears.

#499 9 years ago

Some people asked to see my stainless steel clock hands in my clock.

Here are some basic pics. My machine is still in pieces at the moment, but hopefully this gives you the idea. I am thinking that the next set I try will be polished brass to go with a prototype clock decal.

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG

I also had a go at making some red and blue plastic ones just to see what they looked like:

Also, I agree, cleaning the clock gears and lubricating them is one of the best things I did for my TZ.

When I did it, I set it to 12:00, then took it apart. I marked the teeth that "married" on each gear with a permanent marker so that it was really easy to put back together correctly. I used a WD-40 brand lubricant that was dry PTFE (dry teflon). You don't need much and it won't attract dirt or "go off" after a few months/years.

Post edited by Chrisg: pics upside down!

photo 1-2.JPGphoto 1-2.JPG photo 2-2.JPGphoto 2-2.JPG
#500 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisg:

Some people asked to see my stainless steel clock hands in my clock.
Here are some basic pics. My machine is still in pieces at the moment, but hopefully this gives you the idea. I am thinking that the next set I try will be polished brass to go with a prototype clock decal.

I also had a go at making some red and blue plastic ones just to see what they looked like:
Also, I agree, cleaning the clock gears and lubricating them is one of the best things I did for my TZ.
When I did it, I set it to 12:00, then took it apart. I marked the teeth that "married" on each gear with a permanent marker so that it was really easy to put back together correctly. I used a WD-40 brand lubricant that was dry PTFE (dry teflon). You don't need much and it won't attract dirt or "go off" after a few months/years.
Post edited by Chrisg: pics upside down!

photo 3.JPG 99 KB

photo 1-2.JPG 155 KB

photo 2-2.JPG 158 KB

Very cool love the stainless ones but all are cool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 14.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 132.00
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.