• Latest reply 3 years ago by alexanr1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wpc89_6010_0_6011_0_6026_0 (resized).jpg
2019-02-02 14_20_45-WPC ribbon cable to reseat - Paint (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Thanks everyone. I will double check battery corrosion. IPAs far a rubbing alcohol, I believe all it may be doing is creating a circuit thru the alcohol. Not sure that will long term fix anything. Willing to give it a try.....
Troubleshooting this problem seems more complicated than other issues I have had with other machines. Narrowing it down to a specific connector is what seems messy.

Alex, I have had all kinds of problems with my TZ from the locked on flasher mentioned above to everything else. Out of the 20 games in my collection TZ is probably the one game I am always fixing. I don't know if this was covered in any of the other posts but since you changed the 6 or 7 ribbon cables in this game, make sure you are not off with the pins and the connectors. I know when I changed or remove the ribbon cables, it seems like I either miss one pin or possibly a whole row when reinstalling the cables. That can cause weird things to happen if you are not dead on with the ribbon cables and the pins on the board. I have done it many times even after double checking before turning on the game. Sometimes my TZ will go into a reboot of sorts and never get to the game play. Reseating the cables usually fixes the issue. Also pull the IDC connectors on and off the playfield again to make sure you dont have a bad connection there also. I had to do that many times as well. I needed to change burnt connectors at times and change out blown fuses. I just had the left magnet stop working on my TZ. Turns out i needed to reseat the two wires coming from the magnet to the board under the playfield (Top left corner of playfield) in order to get the magnet working again. Had to punch down the wires with my punch down tool into the connector and reseat. Always something with this game it seems. Thank god I can fix my own games because this game would have cost me a fortune with repairs. Good Luck

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Ah, I have that lovely sinkhole of melted plastic that I was going to ask about today. This saved me a search/question to the forums, thank you!

Had the same issue with my TZ. Had to make a new plastic since I could not find a replacement.

Blog Post :

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/05/21/pinball-tech-twilight-zone-right-upper-flipper-flasher-locked-on-video-repair/

Video Post :

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 9.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-odd-behavior-?tu=wiggy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.