(Topic ID: 100252)

Twilight zone no fade in Michigan, very clean Playfield / shooter lane, need CPU

By ElectricCircuit

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

charming.gif
tz.jpg
DSC_0070.JPG
image-936.jpg
image.jpg
office space_the bobs-resized-600.jpg.png
image-413.jpg
image-871.jpg
image-165.jpg
image-724.jpg
image-679.jpg
image-952.jpg
image-552.jpg
image.jpg
image-29.jpg
image-700.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I have a twilight zone in Michigan for sale. It needs a CPU or CPU repair. It has no fade but some dings on head and cabinet. $4500.

image-599.jpgimage-599.jpgimage-232.jpgimage-232.jpgimage-567.jpgimage-567.jpgimage-3.jpgimage-3.jpgimage-293.jpgimage-293.jpgimage-862.jpgimage-862.jpgimage-633.jpgimage-633.jpgimage-633.jpgimage-633.jpgimage-650.jpgimage-650.jpgimage-250.jpgimage-250.jpgimage-962.jpgimage-962.jpgimage-208.jpgimage-208.jpgimage-461.jpgimage-461.jpgimage-919.jpgimage-919.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2 9 years ago

This is without cleaning / waxing game. Shooter lane would be dang near perfect with a good cleaning.

#3 9 years ago

Bump for morning crew

#4 9 years ago

Nice TZ, but why not clean it up? =)

#5 9 years ago

It's at my dad's and I just have too many other things going on right now. Playfield doesn't really need cleanup.

#6 9 years ago

Is the TZ that was bought with the Maverick from Craigslist last week ?

#7 9 years ago

Yes it is. I am keeping maverick and selling twilight zone. He wanted to sell both games or neither. They both were in real decent shape.

#8 9 years ago

What is wrong w CPU? Acid damage? Pics of boards would be nice

#9 9 years ago

Very confusing pictures, the burn trails on the light board in the bb indicate the game was on a lot but the shooter lane looks pristine like it hasn't been played much. The cab and pf sure do look nice.

#10 9 years ago

I'll get pics of boards tomorrow. The CPU for some reason had like six resistors that were lifted out of their solder joints, and some acid damage under the batteries. The switch matrix was going crazy in test

#11 9 years ago

Still a good deal as nice as the condition is just get a new cpu board and you have a nice tz for under 5.000

#12 9 years ago

I just realized my front of cabinet pic got cut off. The tz has good sides, some marks on head and does have a gouge on the bottom front of cabinet. I'll get a pic of that tomorrow with the boards. I thought I took a picture of it but I guess not. Still a very solid buy at 48 in my opinion

#13 9 years ago

I would like to see pictures from inside the cabinet posted. Is there any rusty parts?

#14 9 years ago

2 questions:
1. It looks like in front of the target next to scoop, there's wear. Pic is blurry though. Can you confirm what that is?
2. The game can't be played or even tested due to board damage? Curious if you've had it going or not. If not, how can anyone know if there are more problems that aren't showing up yet?

Thanks

#15 9 years ago

do your research folks

#16 9 years ago

I'll get those pics tonight. It only has issues do to the CPU from battery corrosion. . I'm going to order a CPU soon for it and will have it working. I know it's the CPU because of how the game is behaving. Also I don't think that is wear you're talking about. I'll go get pics from the other house now. Wish I could bring it to my house but I'm full on pins over here. Also, from previous threads the CFTBL has sold. Ill have a HUO WoF and a nice pinbot up for sale soon. Still have the HUO modded tron, tfle decepticon and another stock tron for sale.

#17 9 years ago

Good eye sesh it was two small spots that look like the previous owner tried to do something In that spot by the target, I have no idea what but there are two small spots in front of that target. I just got this game in last week and didn't notice that at all. I just scoped the rest of the Playfield out and got pics of that as well. No other wear anywhere except where you pointed that out, and I'm still not sure how that got there. He's that spot and Playfield pics as well as the gouge in front of cab. If no one wants it broken I will fix it and probably ask 5200. I even thought of putting on new decals all the way around, but I'm way too busy right now. The spot in front of that target wouldn't be too tough to fix up. image-159.jpgimage-159.jpgimage-345.jpgimage-345.jpgimage-503.jpgimage-503.jpgimage-196.jpgimage-196.jpgimage-283.jpgimage-283.jpgimage-354.jpgimage-354.jpgimage-135.jpgimage-135.jpgimage-638.jpgimage-638.jpgimage-600.jpgimage-600.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#18 9 years ago

Here's how I know it's CPU (plus the switch matrix going mad) lifted resistors and corrosion. image-858.jpgimage-858.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Other board pics:image-700.jpgimage-700.jpgimage-29.jpgimage-29.jpgimage-175.jpgimage-175.jpg

#19 9 years ago

Lastly the under Playfield and inside cab shots. image-413.jpgimage-413.jpgimage-871.jpgimage-871.jpgimage-165.jpgimage-165.jpgimage-724.jpgimage-724.jpgimage-679.jpgimage-679.jpgimage-952.jpgimage-952.jpgimage-552.jpgimage-552.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#20 9 years ago

O wow that may be the blackest subway ive ever seen and im not sure how them spots in front of target would get there eaither.also I would say the cpu is your issue by the looks of it .I think it everything will clean up and should be a beauty glws

#22 9 years ago

Good morning!

1 week later
#24 9 years ago

Still for sale'

#25 9 years ago

Make it for trade

#26 9 years ago

If it had new decals it would look HUO? Lol that's good one!

#27 9 years ago

Yes the Playfield / shooter lane are great.

#28 9 years ago

Wario I may trade if we had equal value on them.

2 weeks later
#29 9 years ago

Dropped to $4500

#30 9 years ago

Fix it and shop it out and it will sell

#31 9 years ago

Been really busy or I would have done that already got 5 new locations opening trying to get extra cash for these locations (not necessary but would help a lot!)

#32 9 years ago

If I fix it and shop it I'm going to be asking 4850 on it. Just so people know why I bump the price up if I end up shoppig and fixing it

#33 9 years ago

What does a $350 shop job all include?

#34 9 years ago

Includes the repair of the game which would be new CPU board and cleaning of the game itself. Gave a little discount for someone wanting to do it themself. I just put out 400k in other games and the piggy bank is lower than I would like it to be

#35 9 years ago

I'd like McCune to jump in here with an opinion on whether new decals would make this pin "look HUO." Also, why advertise that it has no fade when it needs new decals?

#36 9 years ago

When a board needs repair for me I just buy a new one as time is money; spend 200 of take 2-3 hours to fix a CPU I take the spend 200 all day long as I make about double that per hour when out working

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

and cleaning of the game itself

Go ahead and indulge us and elaborate a little.

office space_the bobs-resized-600.jpg.pngoffice space_the bobs-resized-600.jpg.png

#38 9 years ago

Because it doesn't absolutely need new decals, fade is typically on the sides and head which it doesn't have fade. You could leave this as is it's not as bad as some I've seen. Or you can easily get away wth just doing the front and the sides of the head. You advertise for what it is and that's exactly what it is. Put it in a lineup and it's fine. Some people aren't as picky to others they would want new front and head decals, to others they would want to redecal the whole box. I wouldn't need McCune to tell me what huo looks like, I've bought about 1000 new in box pins I would say; and I own 350-400 huo games. No I don't get into restored pieces by people that's a different game for me; which has nothing to do with this thread.

#39 9 years ago

For my company a shopping is new rubbers, ramps and subways cleaned in on and under, full lighting done, backbox wash and plastics soaked as well as my "magic wax" the best wax is the world and I've tried them all. (Happen to have a stash of it as it's been obsolete for years)

#40 9 years ago

I agree the "looking HUO" claim is over the top, but at least the OP posts up some good pictures of the real condition, including the flaws.

#41 9 years ago

Is it man made?

#42 9 years ago

My concern would be what else might be wrong with it. New MPU is anywhere from $350-450.

What else might be wrong once it's running? Clock broken? Gumball broken? DMD out/degassed. Magnets burnt? Diverter broken? TZ can get expensive in a hurry with all the gadgets on it.

Not a knock on your machine, just pointing out some concerns that make $4500 still kinda high to be a deal for me. I am in the category that doesn't really care about the cab fade as long as it's structurally sound.

If you put a CPU and test it and take pics, might help coax a buyer on the fence. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

#43 9 years ago

The Playfield is the nicest ; least amount of wear I have ever seen on a non huo tz. I've owned probably 150 tz since I've been doing this. If you spent the 1000 on a whole new cabinet or redid this one for even cheaper it WOULD look huo. How would a fresh flawless decal job with a flawless Playfield other than one spot on front of the drop target not look huo? This has literally no shooter lane wear; I have seen MANY huo b/w games that had much more wear in the shooter lane and other spots. Some people just never cleaned their games and yea they were huo just not flawless huo.

#44 9 years ago

I have already tested the machine with another board I will probably just order a new CPU from rottendog for it. I have new clock boards in stock as well. 90% of the time you can fix the clock boards by changing the bad optos. Display I have tried in anther machine as I didn't pay attention to it when I had the other CPU in it. It's in fine shape. This particular game is at my dad's house away from all my other games. I'll probably just find the time to get it up and running as then no one will have questions.

#45 9 years ago

Of course, it's also not environmentally friendly so it's no longer made.

#46 9 years ago

You should put this info in the first post. May be enough to entice someone without you having to waste time with repair/shop

#48 9 years ago

Yes I inherited a lot of them and most are in storage / friends houses which sucks. But almost all eventually will go up for sale. I'll keep about 50. Anyhoo I'm going to just fix this unless someone jumps at 4500. I keep a few pins in my living room but other than that my dogs and cat I don't trust around my pins. My Saint Bernard literally weighs almost as much as a pinball and can easily run into and knock over a pinball if she was going good enough. Not to great getting slobber on them or scratches from their toys etc. just don't trust them enough lol.

#49 9 years ago

My personal pins are my retirement fund literally. Owning your own business sucks in many ways. Great in other ways.

#50 9 years ago

I don't hardly ever Get personal about things but if I come off today as rude by any way I apologize. In a real bad spot the last fee days. On Sunday night going to a concert with my family as happy as can be, in style front row VIP; limo ride and all I got a call that one of my other dogs had escaped the house and was hit by a car, so it's been real tough for me. He was my best friend and my whole heart. I rescued him years ago and he was so thankful and had the most unique personality ever for a dog. I am a dog lover, I have owned numerous dogs and always have 3-4 in my pack at all times. It just shows you how fast life can change, how unfair it can be, and to not take things for granted. My day went from the most glorious fun day to absolute hell in one phone call and ten seconds. He was an American foxhound and the smartest dog I've ever known. He always knew how to open my doors and push them open to get out, he finally figured out how to unlock it and do the same thing. I built a ten foot fence to keep him in my yard, he still could climb that. He was a free spirit and I guess nothing could stop him I would trade every pinball and dollar to my name to have been able to save him or to have him back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 22.50
$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-no-fade-in-michigan-very-clean-playfield-shooter-lane-need-cpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.