Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by mrf_pa
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Submitted for your approval is my new Twilight Zone Pinsound File that replaces the call outs with Rod Serling's own voice pulled from the TV show.
There are two versions, one with the original Golden earring song and one with Bernard Herrmanns music from the closing credits of Season one.
I made a quick and dirty video that I have put up on Youtube (see link listed below).  They are both now available on the Pinsound Community forum for download. I hope you like it.

#2 7 months ago

I will review your submission and if I don't like it you will have to pull the youtube videos and start all over again, of course I can be bought and the ultimate price will be up for negotiation.

#3 7 months ago

This sounds great. I’ll certainly check it out.

I’ve done a few Pinsound mixes; but, other than some minor tweaks - I haven’t dug into TZ’s too much (other than some balance and adding a boot sample). So, I’m not as familiar with the default sample structure on that game. Are all of the voice callouts work you’ve done simply replacing (and adding) the stock samples in the voice folder directory or have you combined some SFX samples with voice as well?

I’ve settled with the Kitzrow remix of the Golden Earring song, so I may want try your package out.

#4 7 months ago

Tom, I have 12 dollars in unmarked bills . . . . . will that work?

#5 7 months ago

I just "replaced" all of the callouts by the original voice actor with Rod Serling's voice and also Talky Tina's with all four of her responses from the show: I love you very much, You better be nice to me, I don't think I like you, and I'm going to kill you (randomly chosen). The only music I changed was replacing the Golden Earring song with the closing credit music by Bernard Herrmann from season one. I didn't touch any of the sound effects or other music.

#6 7 months ago

Very nice. Thanks for putting in the work on this.

#7 7 months ago

Would it be possible to mix it with the remastered / enhanced music already available?

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from etien:

Would it be possible to mix it with the remastered / enhanced music already available?

Pretty simple. Roger worked a ton on this! Luckily the PinSound callout files are in one folder, music in another, real easy swap.

#9 6 months ago

Nicely done, I'm sure pulling this all together was no small feat. Thanks for keeping TZ fresh after all these years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-new-pinsound-file-with-rod-serling-s-voice-call-outs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.