Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

How do you know when the magnetic miniplayfield is active. I get on the playfield but the magnets aren't working and then another time they are. Everything checks out. What lights/signals that the magnets would be active.

Is there a way to get the balls to lock better on the rightside ramp for free balls, etc.

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

When the ball passes under the mini play field switch the flippers should deactivate and the mags should work.

#3 9 years ago

The magnets should work EVERYTIME the ball makes it's way to the miniplayfield. Correct?

#4 9 years ago

I do believe so. I once had a problem with my switch not registering when the ball passed under it so it didn't know the ball was up there and in turn the flippers would still work and the mags wouldn't. Once I fixed the switch it all works good now.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from wallifishrmn:

The magnets should work EVERYTIME the ball makes it's way to the miniplayfield. Correct?

Yes, UNLESS you have some ball magic. Example of when it could reach the mini-playfield and NOT have magnets active -
1. Bridge Diverter bounces ball back up ramp, and then on the second pull of the bridge diverter, the ball rolls under it and into the Mini Playfield.
2. Air Balls - Hitting a ball just right, or it bounces off something, etc.
3. Multiball - If you have more than one ball in play, and shoot two up the right ramp, the first one will get tossed by the bridge diverter, and the second could roll under the diverter as it's tossing back the first ball.

Like Fiberdude says - if the magnets SHOULD be on during 'Battle The Power', the main flippers will be deactivated. (During multiball, flippers remain active, obviously.)

If 'Battle The Power' is lit and the ball enters the Mini-PF and the main flippers do not deactivate, then your entrance switch may not be registering all balls correctly.

#6 9 years ago

How do you know when the magnetic miniplayfield is active. I get on the playfield but the magnets aren't working and then another time they are. Everything checks out. What lights/signals that the magnets would be active.
Is there a way to get the balls to lock better on the rightside ramp for free balls, etc.
Thanks

Although it doesn't help your situation, I wired my mini playfield star post LEDs to flash when the magnets fire. The lower left 2 flash when the left magnet fires and the lower right 2 flash when the right magnet fires. It is nice to have some feedback that the magnetic flippers are activating when you are playing. The upper 4 star posts flash when the mini playfield flasher fires.

#7 9 years ago

The wire that the ball goes under was not down enough. Sometimes it was triggered and other times not. Bent it down-now it works every time. QUESTION: What triggers the ball going to the mini playfield?? Is it x number of hitchhikers or what?

THANKS

#8 9 years ago

The wire that the ball goes under was not down enough. Sometimes it was triggered and other times not. Bent it down-now it works every time. QUESTION: What triggers the ball going to the mini playfield?? Is it x number of hitchhikers or what?
THANKS

Lighting 'Battle The Power' -
Door Panel
Hitchikers, and
Spiral Awards

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 132.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.50
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-miniplayfield-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.