Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by amxfc3s
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I am having an issue with my TZ where the opto switches on the top and bottom of the mini playfield are not registering. The rest of the switches in that column do register. I tested continuity from each wire on each transmitter and receiver back to the playfield harness and it is good. Also, when a ball it shot up the right ramp, the diverter will grab it and drop it onto the playfield, then a few seconds later the diverter will fire again with no ball on the ramp. Not sure if that is related but hopefully it is. Any guidance on where to go from here would be appreciated. Thank you!

#2 5 years ago

Your enter/exit optos could have failed.

Reguardig the diverter, it will activate again if you don’t hit a switch after the initial activation.

#3 5 years ago

It seems odd both sets of optos would have failed at the same time. Is there any way to test them? I think the issue with the diverter was due to not hitting a switch afterwards. Thanks

#4 5 years ago

I did a little more digging...went ahead and reflowed and recapped the opto board under the playfield and it didnt make a difference. The manual says that when the receiver is unblocked, the voltage on the two wires should be less than 1v. When blocked, it should be 13-14v. The two of mine that aren't working are showing 13.5v when unblocked. I cleaned both sides and it did not make a difference.

#5 5 years ago

i subbed one of the known working opto receiver pcb's and the issue followed the one i removed from the mini playfield. looks like at least one of them is bad. ill replace them both and that should do the trick.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-mini-playfield-opto-s-not-working-and-diverter-erratic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.