IMG_9661 (resized).JPG
IMG_9660 (resized).JPG
IMG_9653 (resized).JPG
IMG_9654 (resized).JPG
IMG_9655 (resized).JPG
IMG_9656 (resized).JPG
IMG_9651 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

The ball is not going in all the way to reach the kicker on the rocket. The diverter seems to be blocking it off, there is a screw directly into the playfield here, is this normal or has somebody replaced this diverter with the wrong one?

There is a divot in the playfield where the ball is, I have ordered cliffys protectors. currently its temporarily patched with prestick and a thin piece of plastic

Basically what im asking is that diverter correct or should I get a new one or bend this one ?

IMG_9651 (resized).JPGIMG_9651 (resized).JPG

IMG_9656 (resized).JPGIMG_9656 (resized).JPG

IMG_9655 (resized).JPGIMG_9655 (resized).JPG

IMG_9654 (resized).JPGIMG_9654 (resized).JPG

IMG_9653 (resized).JPGIMG_9653 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

The diverter is correct and the divot, which you are fixing (and should be much better protected with the Cliffy) is the culprit of the problem. I don't think there is anything else to do except fill the divot and cover with a Cliffy.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

The diverter is correct and the divot, which you are fixing (and should be much better protected with the Cliffy) is the culprit of the problem. I don't think there is anything else to do except fill the divot and cover with a Cliffy.

Thanks

#4 7 years ago

I dont know what I did , but now all the lights on the left and back global illumination and the extra ball button dont work

Sorry im such a newbie on this, any advise is apreciated

IMG_9660 (resized).JPGIMG_9660 (resized).JPG

IMG_9661 (resized).JPGIMG_9661 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

Sounds like you may have blown a fuse. Check fuses F106-F110 on the Power Driver Board. To check the fuse, take it off the board and test for continuity with a DMM.

#6 7 years ago

Here is a picture (just in case). Also, they are all 5A Slow-Blow

PowerDriverBoard (resized).jpgPowerDriverBoard (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

If you find a blown fuse, a new one in, and it blows again, you probably have a short. Look for broken wires are terminals for the sockets for the GI that may be hitting something (a pain in the ass example is when one touches the side rails supporting the playfield, but only when the playfield is pushed in and not pulled out.)

#8 7 years ago

That was exactly the problem, thank you so much

Except the buy in button still is not working

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

That was exactly the problem, thank you so much
Except the buy in button still is not working

By not working, do you mean the light or that you can't "buy" an extra ball at the end of the game. If the former, you can pull the plug out the back of the button to check the light bulb. If the latter, there is a setting in the game options to turn on/off/set the number of buy ins.

#10 7 years ago

The light is on, you cant buy in an extra ball after a game anymore

#11 7 years ago

Okay -- it can be either the setting in the game (accessed using the buttons inside the coin door) or the switch isn't working. You can check the switch by going into the same game settings, selecting "Tests" and selecting "T.1 SWITCH EDGES". Once that is selected, each switch will make a "beep" and show its location in the switch matrix (on the DMD) when depressed.

#12 7 years ago

Service buttons in coin door:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

Buy in setting is under Adjustments, A.3 Pricing Adj, option 19

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Default for buy-in is "No". There may be a chance that your game reset to default options if it use to work. Also, I think you had a problem with the DMD in another thread. Can you take a photo of the MPU board? I'm wondering if batteries leaked at some point causing damage to the MPU board. Speaking of which, when was the last time you changed the batteries?

#15 7 years ago

It is set correctly and still not working, maybe a wire came loose someplace

the only loose wire underneath seems to be this one in the picture, i have no idea if its supposed to be connected to anything

IMG_9666 (resized).JPGIMG_9666 (resized).JPG

#16 7 years ago

It is set correctly and still not working, maybe a wire came loose someplace

the only loose wire underneath seems to be this one in the picture, i have no idea if its supposed to be connected to anything

IMG_9666 (resized).JPGIMG_9666 (resized).JPG

#17 7 years ago

Did you do the switch test? I'm pretty sure that the wire you are showing is for powering flashers in the door panel's light board that were removed from production games.

#18 7 years ago

I did, and its on in the menu but still not working, the button has its light on but does not work.

It was working untill i blew that fuse, would there be another fuse for it ?

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

I did, and its on in the menu but still not working, the button has its light on but does not work.
It was working untill i blew that fuse, would there be another fuse for it ?

There isn't a dedicated fuse for the switches. Did you test the button in the switch test mode? Under the menu, tests, switch edges.

3 weeks later
#20 7 years ago

There is a small plastic clip thats part of the actual button, that had a crack in it and the button was not hitting the connector anymore

thanks for your help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 12.95
$ 79.50
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-kicker-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.