Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170402_221646_resized (resized).jpg
20170402_221623_resized (resized).jpg
20170402_221642_resized (resized).jpg
20170402_221631_resized (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Brought home my TZ after 7 years in storage. I had pulled the batteries and it was wrapped and in climate control the whole time. Having some issues though and this is my only WPC so I am not super familiar with the system. Game worked 100% before going in to storage. Now I have some issues.

Playfield is not seated properly. Can anyone take a shot or two of the Playfield up/open and how it is supposed to pivot on the pins? For some reason its slightly crooked and I cannot get smooth operation of the Playfield pulling out then flipping up and all back down and in place again.

I ran all diagnostics and got no errors but I have the following issues:

Left flippers not functioning properly during game play. Both lower and upper left side flippers are slow and weak. The upper will sometime just flip continuously during hold. During solenoid tests both flippers flip strong and correctly.

Balls ejecting randomly. The diverter seems to randomly flip around and out of sequence. The auto kicker sometimes puts additional balls in to pay randomly during game play. The trough is kicking out balls out of sequence and the machine also does not seem to recognize the power ball properly.

The Gumball Machine will load but not eject balls. During test mode and ball search the gumball machine kicker works and ejects. During game play the balls just stack up.

The diverter mechanism in front of power playfield that snatches the ball off the rail and dumps it back on the main field is always down and does not move during game play. Again, in test mode and ball search it works fine.

All help, thoughts, insight, and suggestions welcome and appreciated.

-AJH

#2 2 years ago

For the flippers, clean both button opto boards.

#3 2 years ago

Sounds like you have several different issues. I would focus on one, and then work your way around.

First things first - go into switch test and make sure ALL SWITCHES work as they should..

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

For the flippers, clean both button opto boards.

Took the left flipper board out and cleaned the optos and metal piece that moves between the optos. Lower flipper works perfect, upper (small) flipper stopped flipping on its own but is still weak. Again in solenoid test it flips strong.....

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Took the left flipper board out and cleaned the optos and metal piece that moves between the optos. Lower flipper works perfect, upper (small) flipper stopped flipping on its own but is still weak. Again in solenoid test it flips strong.....

Is it possible it needs further cleaning? It was really difficult to clean in between the optos, I couldn't even get a qtip in there, had to twist around some cotton from a cotton ball.

#6 2 years ago

Check the fuse connections on the flipper board also. Both my upper two flippers were weak and it was the fuses on the flipper board.

#7 2 years ago

Just recently picked one up myself and had to work thru several issues too. PinWiki was a life saver for me and really helped me to resolve my issues. Check it out, it may be of some help. Wish I could help more, but I am also too new to the machine to be any real help.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC

Good Luck!

#8 2 years ago

For what it's worth, here's pix of my up/open

20170402_221631_resized (resized).jpg

20170402_221642_resized (resized).jpg

20170402_221623_resized (resized).jpg

20170402_221646_resized (resized).jpg

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

For what it's worth, here's pix of my up/open

WHOA THIS IS SUPER HELPFUL! OK I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM GOING ON IN MINE!

#10 2 years ago

I had a problem with the autokicker firing randomly on TZ, that turned out to be a dirty opto so it's worth cleaning that as well.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkEntwistle:

I had a problem with the autokicker firing randomly on TZ, that turned out to be a dirty opto so it's worth cleaning that as well.

Thank you for the tip! This is on my list for tonight!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHead2112:

Check the fuse connections on the flipper board also. Both my upper two flippers were weak and it was the fuses on the flipper board.

There are fuses on there?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Sounds like you have several different issues. I would focus on one, and then work your way around.
First things first - go into switch test and make sure ALL SWITCHES work as they should..

Going to run all diagnostics and test modes again tonight. There is so much in that menu I bet I missed something.

#14 2 years ago

I would be extra dutiful on checking switches..

Make sure none are Active ("(A)" displayed on them) when they shouldn't be.
TZ has rather robust software, and will try to compensate for broken or erratic switches. (Ref that other thread where 'fast lock' wasn't starting because a trough switch was caught.) So, something as simple as the 'Camera' switch being flagged as bad can cause the slot machine hole to award a camera award when lit.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I would be extra dutiful on checking switches..
Make sure none are Active ("(A)" displayed on them) when they shouldn't be.
TZ has rather robust software, and will try to compensate for broken or erratic switches. (Ref that other thread where 'fast lock' wasn't starting because a trough switch was caught.) So, something as simple as the 'Camera' switch being flagged as bad can cause the slot machine hole to award a camera award when lit.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the advice and insight. TZ is so deep and there is so much too it. Sometimes it feels like as much as much "Stuff" as 2 pins combined.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside