(Topic ID: 52970)

Twilight Zone... Is it a really difficult game or an easy one?

By LitzDoc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 3waycombo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130720_192141.jpg
20130720_192121.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20130607_165855.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SolarRide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 10 years ago

IMHO, the kick-out from the slot machine needs to be controlled for big scores CPBMD. From the kick-out, determine which of the options below brings the ball to a cradled position or a controllable cycle (options 3 or 4):

1) dead bounce pass from the flipper the kicked-out ball hits (almost always the right flipper) to the other flipper followed by a shot to the left ramp and then a shot to the slot machine via the left flipper (rinse and repeat)

2) live catch from slot machine scoop (usually right flipper) followed by a shot to the left ramp and then a shot to the slot machine via the left flipper (rinse and repeat)

3) Drop catch followed by a shot to the left ramp and then a shot to the slot machine via the left flipper (rinse and repeat)

4) Tip flipper pass from the edge of the flipper the kicked-out ball hits to the other flipper followed by left ramp shot and then a shot back into the slot machine (rinse and repeat)

After you have determined which option (options 1,2,3 and 4 are not necessarily mutually exclusive and in this case use the option and that is easiest for your skill set) your specific machine falls under, and you master the needed skill to bring the ball under control, you should be able to get LITZ multiple times per game. This will give you extra balls from the EB panel and super skill shot panel, plus the points associated with LITZ and the intervening modes.

Quoted from LitzDoc:

I have had my TZ for a few months. During that time I have read many threads about the game. I have read conflicting criticisms of the game being very easy; just hit let ramp, right ramp then piano etc. then before you know it you are in the LITZ mode. Others say it is really hard. My opinion is the game is really hard. I have tried to get to the LITZ but have never made it. I find the multiball modes difficult to keep going. I have been only able to get to 400 million twice. Most games I score between 150-200 million and that is usually buying the 4 th ball. All the settings are on factory.
What are people's thoughts regarding difficulty? Ay advice on how to improve my score would be appreciated.
Overall I enjoy the game except for the usually short ball times.

#33 10 years ago

As an aside, any powerball mania bonus(es) achieved before getting litz and on the same ball as the litz are added to the litz bonus total (and on the litz bonus champion record) due to a bug (maybe this has been fixed on the home ROM).

Quoted from TZBen:

Just a good litz.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 132.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 12.95
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 12.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SolarRide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-is-it-a-really-difficult-game-or-an-easy-one?tu=SolarRide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.