• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

S1070031 (resized).JPG
S1070032 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I am not able to put my high score in my Twilight Zone. I have erased the previous owners scores. High score is enabled. I have the champion set at 400 mil and I played to 419 mil. The game ends and the score is not saved. I do not know what to set to fix this.

#2 7 years ago

Bump for my buddy Mike....
Bump to say happy thanksgiving.

#3 7 years ago

TZ has a buy-in for an extra ball. I'm not sure if there are settings for that and if they are saved in a separate high-score list (or simply not saved.) You may want to check that. Also, what ROM version are you running?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I am not able to put my high score in my Twilight Zone. I have erased the previous owners scores. High score is enabled. I have the champion set at 400 mil and I played to 419 mil. The game ends and the score is not saved. I do not know what to set to fix this.

When I first got my TZ I had the same problem. I had many suggestions from posters on Pinside. I tried all the different resets but to this day my high scores do not get saved. It seems like the default high scores are permanent.

#5 7 years ago

Are you talking about the 400M lost in the zone champ score. If you are playing the home rom and use the LITZ cheat that score cannot be saved.
The lost in the zone high score is reserved for when you complete the game an then play lost in the zone wizzard mode.

#6 7 years ago

Bump for Burningman or as I like to say...LEBOWSKI !

Happy Thanksgiving.

#7 7 years ago

I have TZ 9.4 H home version. I did not get the score with the cheats on. I have champion HSTD on, champion credit 0, HSTD credit 0.
Backup champion is set at 400 million. The previous owner did have his scores in the pin. He does not remember how he did it though.

#8 7 years ago

Okay -
First, can you grab a pic of the screen showing the current high score that you're trying to beat? (There IS a reason I'm asking for this..)

If you can't get one, fine, then do this:
1. Do a factory reset. (U.8)
2. Set your desired High Score values. (A.1.09 - A.1.12)
3. Set A.1.05 to FIXED.

Do not change the reward, and be sure you're setting the standard HSTDs, and not the backup (buy-in) HSTDs.
Do not leave A.1.05 on 'Auto %', UNLESS -
You set A.1.07 to the desired value, and *ignore* A.1.09 - A.1.12.

--Mike

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Okay -
First, can you grab a pic of the screen showing the current high score that you're trying to beat? (There IS a reason I'm asking for this..)
If you can't get one, fine, then do this:
1. Do a factory reset. (U.8)
2. Set your desired High Score values. (A.1.09 - A.1.12)
3. Set A.1.05 to FIXED.
Do not change the reward, and be sure you're setting the standard HSTDs, and not the backup (buy-in) HSTDs.
Do not leave A.1.05 on 'Auto %', UNLESS -
You set A.1.07 to the desired value, and *ignore* A.1.09 - A.1.12.
--Mike

It's easy to beat the record.... glass-off!

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

It's easy to beat the record.... glass-off!

True, but that's not necessarily what I'm aimin' for. There are some bugs in the 9.4H with regards to the HSTD (both std and buy-in), and this will ensure that no settings got out of whack that could cause the issues.

On another note - back before my TZ's playfield was fixed up, I usually kept the glass off, because often I'd have to un-stick a ball, etc. Even though I never cheated, once my game was back together with the restored PF, and the glass on, I still reset the HSTDs, because they felt 'dirty' with playing with the glass off.

#11 7 years ago

S1070032 (resized).JPGS1070032 (resized).JPG

S1070031 (resized).JPGS1070031 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago

... Uh, according to those two pics, you didn't beat the fourth high score, so it's not going to ask you to enter your initials. Try again, and get at least 550,000,010.

#13 7 years ago

You are correct. I did not know if the pin was set to a lower minimum score. I had the 400 million set and thought that would be the score to beat. Oops! Thanks.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

You are correct. I did not know if the pin was set to a lower minimum score. I had the 400 million set and thought that would be the score to beat. Oops! Thanks.

Likely you set the Replay Level, and not the HSTD - double check your settings.

#15 7 years ago

You can set the High score to date super low so all the scores will be yours and your friends.
Also why not set it to free play?

#16 7 years ago

Credit dot.

LTG : )

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

You can set the High score to date super low so all the scores will be yours and your friends.
Also why not set it to free play?

9.4H is free-play only. But you can turn the message off so it displays credits.

3 weeks later
#18 7 years ago

Finally got my score in TZ by not using cheats or using the extra ball at end of game.

#19 7 years ago

Good job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.50
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-high-score-register and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.