Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My TZ recently has lost the left side lamps in the center panel. No lighting in game or in test. I have checked the header pins and dont see anything obvious. Reseating and wiggling doesnt make a difference. I am terrible at understanding if there may be a fuse that controls this that has blown. The fuse list isnt clear as to which fuse and they appear fine from a general look, but before I go rooting around perhaps someone can chime in on whether there are separate fuses for the left and right side of the panel. The right side and the lock and gumball lamps ( center lamps) work as they should.??

Thanks in advance.

#2 7 years ago

Yes. There are 2 fuses for the back if I recall correctly. The problem seems fuse related. Use an ohm meter to test them (after pulling out suspected fuses) . Many times it is not easy to tell a bad fuse by looking at it.

#3 7 years ago

Look in the manual if the lamps are in the same row or column.
If so then check if any lamps in that row or column work.
Then report back for further assistance.

#4 7 years ago

Yrs the lamps are all in the same column. just not sure of fuse position. Lamp matrix says J133 8,9,etc.

#5 7 years ago

Probably had a wire come loose, I'd trace the wire starting with the first bulb in the chain and look for one that came loose.

#6 7 years ago

These are not bulbs they are the insert lamps on a pc board. They're all fed by one Molex connector. Because they're all out on one side I just assumed it would be a fuse rather than a wiring issue

#7 7 years ago

All those lights are on the same column. It's not a fuse, you have a broken wire or loose connection.

Go into test mode, Lamp Row/Column, and scan through the rows and columns until you get to the one that has the lights on it. (Refer to manual..) See what lights ARE lit in that column - is any - and then trace the wire from those lit lights.

#8 7 years ago

Will do thanks

#9 7 years ago

Coyote, since those lights are all on a pcb with the twist insert bulbs and there is one main connector that plugs into the single header on this board are you saying there is a broken wire on that single harness going to the Molex connector ?

#10 7 years ago

Depending on the column out (you haven't specified which one, as far as I saw?), the wire has to get TO the board. If there are other lamps on the column that aren't on that board, then a broken wire will cause everything downline of the break to fail to light.

#11 7 years ago

Stupid is as stupid does. I did Trace back the brown white wire because column one was out and it goes to J137 in the back box and I must have put J 137 on 138 in the back box when i redid the cabinet. Who knows how long this has been an issue but once I put it on J137. everything worked beautifully. It's always something simple and I try to make it more complicated than it is. Thanks for all the help

#12 7 years ago

Good to hear!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 14.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-help-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.