Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20131229_165012.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I am helping put back together a Twlight Zone pin that someone took apart over 2 years ago. The playfield was cracked from beening droped in shipping. The one that took it apart fixed the playfield and did a good job at it. But he left and the rest of the playfield was left in boxes. 2 years later I was asked to put it back together. So with having no pics I started. B(1) 0 15 and now in game play it will show a snap shoot of your score and will stay like that for about 10 min then might change and do anouther snap shoot. Soon as I change to menue it works just fine.

Ive done all the volt checks and there just fine, reset all the chips, checked for cold solder on the back of all the boards, repluged all the plugs. Im at a lost on this one. Oh and I did swap out the display from anouthe pin and same.

Please help this is the olny place I can think of that has a place for all the smart pinners out there.

#2 10 years ago

Your post is not clear on exactly what you need help with. Are you asking for pictures, if so of what specifically? Can you try to explain more clearly what you are asking for help on? I don't know what you mean by "B(1) 0 15...snap shoot".

I think there are a lot of folks willing to help. Add some pictures of what the exact problem is.

#3 10 years ago

Sorry about the first post I did it on my phone and somthing got lost, so I'll try again.

Ok... The help I need is with the display. The dot matrix only works in the menu mode and not in game play. I replaced the driver bord with a Rotton Dog board and I swaped out the dot matrix with a known good one and still the same problem. The snap shot I was talking was about the display. Durning game play about 10 min or so it might show your score and if your lucky it might show it again. I have heard of a slow display but this is not that.

I did a burn in and at the end I got a Page Error B(1) 0 15 but no other errors on any of the tests. I can't find what the page error is.

I guess I'm lucky in some ways though, all the normal issues that people have with this pin are working, optos have been fixed, clock works, gumball working, min. play field working, lights good to go, and sound works. I have fought my way through thoughs but the dot matrix problem is got me stumped.

20131229_165012.jpg20131229_165012.jpg

#4 10 years ago

If the display driver is new and display also ok you have to replace data cables or try re seating carefully connectors not to bend any pins
communication with cpu is bad as you see page error

#5 10 years ago

I have reset all the chips and cables and checked all the pins. Wondering if an updated ROM chip will help. It still has the ones from the factory in her.
When I first started this project I found some of the plugs had wires in the wrong spots like one wire moved a pin over to a spot where there was no pin on the board.
Is there a ROM chip on the main board that controls the display driver board that might need to be changed?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from rnorton:

Wondering if an updated ROM chip will help. It still has the ones from the factory in her. Is there a ROM chip on the main board that controls the display driver board that might need to be changed?

My first thought was a ROM. One thing that is nice is if you replace the roms you are only out a few bucks. But I am leaning towards the other post. Seems like its a communication issue.

#7 10 years ago

The only place I've seen the ROMS have been for 25 bucks a pice. I don't have a way to reprogram them? Communication issue? Are you talking about the ribbin cable from board to board? I might be able to swap from a know good pin I have.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from rnorton:

The only place I've seen the ROMS have been for 25 bucks a pice. I don't have a way to reprogram them? Communication issue? Are you talking about the ribbin cable from board to board? I might be able to swap from a know good pin I have.

yeah the ribbon cable, but you said you reseated them right? If so, and you have another game you can borrow from, I would start with the cable from the CPU to the driver board. Are you sure your driver board is ok?

#10 10 years ago

I hope the driver bord is OK it new from Rotton Dog. It test at all the testing ports with in specs, the old board all the high volts side of the board died.

#11 10 years ago

The only reason why I am thinking is its a connector is that you can get it work sometimes...

"The dot matrix only works in the menu mode and not in game play."

#12 10 years ago

Yeah every time in the menue I can be in the middle of a game and nothing on the dot matrix and a soon as hit the menue the dot matrix works.

#13 10 years ago

Changed all the ribbon cables and problem went away thank you for the help!!!

#14 10 years ago

Run display test.
I bet the page error crops up there too.
You may have a problem with the 6264 RAM on the DMD Controller board (upper right in the head)
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-help-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.