Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by exflexer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hello boys & girls,

My TZ has come up with the "GND SHORT ROW 1 IS STUCK CLOSED" error on start up and will not allow any further action. The game is down for now. Any advice in the next step I can take to trouble shoot this??

I have reset all connectors and ribbons...that is all I have done because I don't know what this is?

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you all...

CLW

#2 3 years ago

I guess it means what it says - switch matrix row 1 is stuck. Does it still happen if you unplug the switch matrix connectors? I think that'd be a valid test (others will correct me if not). If the problem goes away, there's a problem in the switch matrix, if it doesn't, the MPU has issues.

#3 3 years ago

Well, I reset all of the connectors and ribbons again...PFM, it is now working. I might check all the individual pins for corrosion/connectivity issues?? any thing else you can think to send me to look at??

falco, thank you for that, those were some of the things I also tried...

Works now...

Hmmmm...

image.jpg

#4 3 years ago

Look at my thread for the exact same issue with JM. It was an easy fix by simply replacing one chip on the MPU.

#5 3 years ago

Check your fuses if you haven't already.

Second thing after that to look at is the chip at U20 on the CPU board. I believe it's a 2803

#6 3 years ago

Thanks guys...

Fuses checked, I will look at and check out U20-2803

#7 3 years ago

Game seems to be fine now but I will keep an eye out for the fore mentioned troubleshooting ideas.

Again, thank you.

#8 3 years ago

That's a strange one. Maybe just a bad contact somewhere. If it recurs, I'd be checking the MPU for dry joints and bad repairs in the switch matrix section. When problems go away on their own, I usually figure it's just a matter of time until they come back, but you never know...

#9 3 years ago

A common issue that causes this is that the slam tilt switch is bend so far up that it is touching and shorting things out. Check it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
Sale Pending!
Lehigh Valley, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside