orlybaby.gif
35075212.jpg
image.jpg
playfield.jpg
right side.jpg
back glass.jpg
left side.jpg
1.jpg
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Twilight Zone
Bally 1993
This machine is in excellent working condition. It has been cleaned and has lots of new parts including plastics, flipper rebuild, pop bumpers rebuild,
Third magnet Pinbits door panel flasher kit
Pinbits gum ball and gum ball light kit
Cabinet does have some damage on the left side which has been touched up(as pictured, there are many more pictures on our website)

It is being sold in an online only auction with a preview inspection on Wednesday, December 17 from 10am-2pm in Rockville, Maryland. Come on out and play this great machine.
It will be sold to the highest bidder, regardless of price.
We will work with NAVL for shipping.
For more details, go to http://www.capitolonlineauctions.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?capitol28/1
There is a short video clip of this actual machine being played.

1.jpg1.jpg back glass.jpgback glass.jpg left side.jpgleft side.jpg playfield.jpgplayfield.jpg right side.jpgright side.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Maybe change thread title from FS --> FA

#3 9 years ago

Very nice Tz here worth every penny !!!

#4 9 years ago

I'm looking for one and this looks nice, just not willing to make a 4 hr drive for it.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm looking for one and this looks nice, just not willing to make a 4 hr drive for it.

It's worth it's a sample game

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

depending, of course, on the amount of pennies.

#7 9 years ago

15% buyers premium on that auction...

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

It's worth it game is a prototype

or a sample machine.

#9 9 years ago

Just remember, the more someone pays, the more it is worth.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from CapitolAuctions:

To that person, not the community.

#11 9 years ago

Not trying to be a smart ass, but what is the advantage of an online auction? Seems like more possible fees, hassle, etc.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

Not trying to be a smart ass, but what is the advantage of an online auction? Seems like more possible fees, hassle, etc.

The auction company gets paid to deal with the hassle of selling an item. Seller just sits back and allows a 3rd party to sell for them. Looks like Capitol Auctions deals in entertainment and food service items mostly. If you had 100s of items for sale, would you like to be hands on for every single item? Most people don't have that kind of time on their hands so they go with a 3rd party. Looks like the pin is up to $3500 if some was to busy to click the link. Still not a bad price.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

The auction company gets paid to deal with the hassle of selling an item. Seller just sits back and allows a 3rd party to sell for them. Looks like Capitol Auctions deals in entertainment and food service items mostly. If you had 100s of items for sale, would you like to be hands on for every single item? Most people don't have that kind of time on their hands so they go with a 3rd party. Looks like the pin is up to $3500 if some was to busy to click the link. Still not a bad price.

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the reply

#14 9 years ago

Just remember this is a Pinball forum and not your F'n idiot, non educated, uninformed retail buyers. And further more I have read some dumb shit on here but this may be the top (with consideration of what you do and who we are). Nothing is ever worth what the buyer pays for it, only what the seller sells it for. You can apply that logic to any transaction if you like.

#15 9 years ago

looks like it was left out in the rain. Check out the inside pictures... Not worth taking a chance without seeing it.

#16 9 years ago

This machine is in excellent working condition.

Shows a credit dot in the video.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Maybe change thread title from FS --> FA

FS also stands for For Shill so the header may be correct.

#18 9 years ago

machine looks pretty rough to me and not something worth taking an expensive risk on.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Quoted from Whysnow:

machine looks pretty rough to me and not something worth taking an expensive risk on.

It's really odd how two different people looking at the EXACT same photos end up in total antithesis of opinions-lol

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

It's really odd how two different people looking at the EXACT same photos end up in total antithesis of opinions-lol

Some people really look at the pictures which I need to start doing. This might be TPN's favorite pin so that might cloud is judgement. I know when I looked over my grail pin, I blocked out some issues with the pin. I did take a 2nd looksy and I am surprised this is at $4k.

Not really understanding how this Auction house only has a 4 month old Pinside account. Looks like they have been in this buisness for awhile.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

seems to me like tpn2011 is somehow affiliated with the OP or auciton house based on his comments?

My opinion is based on a well tuned attention for detail and critical eye. This game has some major red flags and no way I woudl even bid from afar without gettingmy hands on the game first.

Auction houses are also a very nice way to dump crap and be absolved of all issues or backlash from an unhappy buyer.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seems to me like tpn2011 is somehow affiliated with the OP or auciton house based on his comments?
My opinion is based on a well tuned attention for detail and critical eye. This game has some major red flags and no way I woudl even bid from afar without gettingmy hands on the game first.
Auction houses are also a very nice way to dump crap and be absolved of all issues or backlash from an unhappy buyer.

I totally am on your side. This pin isn't what it's described to be.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No affiliation
But I have actually seen the game in person !!!

#24 9 years ago

Twilight Zone
Bally 1993
This machine is in excellent working condition. It has been cleaned and has lots of new parts including plastics, flipper rebuild, pop bumpers rebuild,
Third magnet Pinbits door panel flasher kit
Pinbits gum ball and gum ball light kit
Cabinet does have some damage on the left side which has been touched up(as pictured, there are many more pictures on our website)
It is being sold in an online only auction with a preview inspection on Wednesday, December 17 from 10am-2pm in Rockville, Maryland. Come on out and play this great machine.
It will be sold to the highest bidder, regardless of price.
We will work with NAVL for shipping.
For more details, go to http://www.capitolonlineauctions.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?capitol28/1
There is a short video clip of this actual machine being played.

1.jpg 39 KB

left side.jpg 45 KB

back glass.jpg 61 KB

right side.jpg 53 KB

playfield.jpg 66 KB

EBAY is that direction------->

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

No affiliation

I wonder where you saw it before...... Maybe because you owned it???

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-just-shopped-sample-tz-5900

popcorn anyone

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

popcorn anyone

OH MAN! You sir get the "Best detective in the room" trophy.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

popcorn anyone

That's correct thanks for linking the thread
Plenty of positive Comments on the game others have seen this game in person as well and can back up the fact that its nice !!
Why is everyone so Hostile on Pinside lately ??

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Plenty of positive Comments on the game others have seen this game in person as well and can back up the fact that its nice !!

so it is your game currnetly that is being auctioned off?

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

NO I Previously owned this game

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

The auction house has a4 month old account pushing an auction. (Auctions for games are sometimes looked down on)

15% buyers premium

The comment

Water damage in the bottom of the cabinet

Most of the gents here are just commenting on what they see and they see some negitives. It's a pretty good machine and believe you but its just the above items that get people questioning. I think you get positive feedback when you're a seller selling to a collector.

- People don't usually like retailers/auction houses selling to collectors. They (me included) like keeping the pins in the collector family.
- People don't like collector selling to flipper or collector selling to retailer.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The real question is, is it a consignment auction? If so, that's pretty sleazy to post what he did like a normal bystander pumping up the game. If I'm wrong and Capitol acquired it some other way, my apologies.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#33 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

You have a 4 month old Auction account pushing an auction. (Auctions for games are sometimes looked down on)
15% buyers premium
The comment

I do not own this game and have Absolutely nothing to do with the Auction company
This is my one and only Pinside account

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

NO I Previously owned this game

If you got near your previous asking price then you should be happy as the auction house will be unlikely to recoup that amount. I see some big red flag that would keep me from bidding on it.

As other have noted the extensive water damage is very concerning and IME means there will be corroision in other spots upon closer inspection.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The real question is, is it a consignment auction? If so, that's pretty sleazy to post what he did like a normal bystander pumping up the game. If I'm wrong and Capitol acquired it some other way, my apologies.

The pin was purchased by capital auctions from me
That's all !!!!
Have nothing eles to do with this

#36 9 years ago

Not saying double account. I just worded it badly. CapitolAuctions has a 4 month old account.

Again, this is just my opinion but most collectors don't like the pins to leave the collector community.

Retailers = bad
3rd party consignment = bad
Local flippers = bad (those that throw in 20-30 leds, windex and call it "shopped")

Here is some positives

Flipper who re-introduce pins back into the community by bulk buying or warehouse cleaning = good
Collector to Collector = good

#37 9 years ago

Something just doesn't feel right with this.

35075212.jpg35075212.jpg

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

No affiliation

orlybaby.giforlybaby.gif

#40 9 years ago

Whatever you decide to do with your pin.....buy it, sell, it.....set it on fire...that's your business and there's no code of conduct or caste system in the pinball community, contrary to what most of you think.

TLDR: STFU Assholes

#41 9 years ago

That was before Spidey did his "Whodunnit" sleuthing. Now that you bring it up, it's kinda funny he used that wording instead of coming out and saying it WAS his.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

That was before Spidey did his "Whodunnit" sleuthing. Now that you bring it up, it's kinda funny he used that wording instead of coming out and saying it WAS his.

Precisely what really bothers me here.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Not sure if you're getting my point exactly. Being affiliated with someone means having a connection or relationship with that person. tpn2011 lied, or doesn't know the meaning of a relatively simple word.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Not sure if you're getting my point exactly. Being affiliated with someone means having a connection or relationship with that person. tpn2011 lied, or doesn't know the meaning of a relatively simple word.

No, I got it.

Quoted from keysersoze981:

Whatever you decide to do with your pin.....buy it, sell, it.....set it on fire...that's your business and there's no code of conduct or caste system in the pinball community, contrary to what most of you think.
TLDR: STFU Assholes

I didn't say this is "The Law of the Land", it is what most think. Right or wrong in your eyes, its just an opinion...........man. Really don't know what to say about the STFU but............. nah, we're good.

#45 9 years ago

Somebody get me uh amber lamps.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

No, I got it.

I didn't say this is "The Law of the Land", it is what most think. Right or wrong in your eyes, its just an opinion...........man. Really don't know what to say about the STFU but............. nah, we're good.

So let me get this straight......If I purchase a car, trade it into a dealership for a new car, and that dealership decides to turn around and resell the car I traded in, I'm still affiliated with the car? WRONG
Get your English straight. Once someone sells an item from their possession to another person or company, they absolve all rights, responsibility, and affiliation with said item.

Affiliation refers to a direct connection with the intention to further business between oneself and another.

We have plenty of price police on these forums, so why not get your facts straight before you decide to create the grammar police as well?

And you're right, opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one. It doesn't mean that a collection of opinions equates to law, unwritten or etched in stone.

And you don't have to say anything about the STFU, just follow the instructions I gave you.

#47 9 years ago

So let me get this straight......If I purchase a car, trade it into a dealership for a new car, and that dealership decides to turn around and resell the car I traded in, I'm still affiliated with the car? WRONG
Get your English straight. Once someone sells an item from their possession to another person or company, they absolve all rights, responsibility, and affiliation with said item.
Affiliation refers to a direct connection with the intention to further business between oneself and another.
We have plenty of price police on these forums, so why not get your facts straight before you decide to create the grammar police as well?
And you're right, opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one. It doesn't mean that a collection of opinions equates to law, unwritten or etched in stone.
And you don't have to say anything about the STFU, just follow the instructions I gave you.

Could just say that he is your friend, and you are standing up for him...... Friends are nice to have, and stand up for one another.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/successful-trade-with-fellow-pinsider-tpn2011

#48 9 years ago

Your Honda Civic isn't a collectible, BIG difference. You had "affiliations" with TPN on a pin deal and you find him to be a good guy. No one said he is a bad guy, just questioning his wording. Once again for you telling me to STFU, you need to calm it down guy. You throw around the word "asshole" a lot and I will throw the word "keyboard warrior" right back at you. No one is mad at TPN, no one is mad at CapitolAuctions but YOU may become the prick in this thread so just relax.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

Could just say that he is your friend, and you are standing up for him...... Friends are nice to have, and stand up for one another.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/successful-trade-with-fellow-pinsider-tpn2011

You're digging up a thread from 2 years ago to use as a reference? It's not a matter of standing up for a friend. It's the principle of what was explained in the context of this thread.

#50 9 years ago

It doesn't mean that a collection of opinions equates to law, unwritten or etched in stone.

Actually it would kind of make it a mores, which is sort of exactly what you're describing.

But hey, that's a mores for ya

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 79.50
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 132.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-fs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.