Twilight Zone for $7,500?

By Thestrangebrewer

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Is that way too much to pay for a Twilight Zone game? Owner says it's in Excellent shape...
Please share your advice- Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Yes. Too much.

#3 9 years ago

Oh yea, and Please give your input of what I should be looking for when I view the machine..
Thanks again

#4 9 years ago

For that price you should be getting a really clean game with an unfaded cab, with some nice mods, and an immaculate playfield. Maybe even clearcoated.

A bone stock tz in need of a shop is closer to 4.5-5k territory IMHO.

#5 9 years ago

Sounds to high with the little information there is about the machine in your post. Can you tell us a little more about the machine, the circumstances as to how you found it, why you chose TZ in the first place?

#6 9 years ago

first time buyer?

#8 9 years ago

Make sure the playfield isnt warped. Bought one a year ago, paid too much. Playfield was unfixable, removed and install a PPS retro playfield.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks for the quick responses.... I have 2 machines I bought on Island (live on Kauai, Hawaii). I bought Creature from Black Lagoon and Monopoly from another enthusiast.....
My business partner is in Seattle- Here's a link to the machine.

seattle.craigslist.org link

#10 9 years ago

No way it's worth $7500. I'm guessing %5-5500 tops. Needs a ton of mods to be worth more. just my humble opinion.

This is my last price check reply on this website. I'm officially retiring.

#11 9 years ago

Thanks Dave.... I really didn't feel like it's a good deal.... I can consider this subject Closed.

#12 9 years ago

That is a 4500 to 5000$ machine. IMHO
There is shooter lane wear, minor slot machine wear. DMD seems old. No pics of decals.
Not many mods (only one I see are gumballs, 25$).
All IMHO.

#13 9 years ago

TZ, although a great game, is not worth $7500 or more unless every piece has been removed, cleaned, and put back together. I love the game immensely, but for a game that needs work and a good cleaning, I would price it in the $4500-$5000 range.

#14 9 years ago

I spent 10 grand on my TZ restoration. Crazy money but worth it. Pin is beautiful, but waiting for new boards from Germany.

#15 9 years ago

No way I have one in about as goood as original condition as you can get very clean and plays amazing also have all leds and lots of mods and even a color dmd that I would think about selling for 7k but probably not because ill never find one as nice

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I spent 10 grand on my TZ restoration. Crazy money but worth it. Pin is beautiful, but waiting for new boards from Germany.

You have me beat by about 2 grand. It's amazing how much a restoration can consume your savings.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I spent 10 grand on my TZ restoration.

Glad I am not alone is this insanity.

#18 9 years ago

Vacationing on Kauai for the holidays. Is there any place with location play on this island?

#19 9 years ago

it's like this. truly exceptional examples can be worth that and more. no doubt some of the pinsiders in this thread have some drool-inducing TZ's. but no, unless it's something very special, do not pay more than $5500.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it's like this. truly exceptional examples can be worth that and more. no doubt some of the pinsiders in this thread have some drool-inducing TZ's. but no, unless it's something very special, do not pay more than $5500.

Drool is my ultimate goal. Me along with others. If my TZ isn't a religious experience, I did something wrong.

#21 9 years ago

It's worth what someone will pay 7500 why not it is the number one or two game on all the ratings.

#22 9 years ago

There is now way TZ is worth 7500. They were selling for 3500 a couple years ago??? The game brand new wasn't even 3000.00 Its a good game, don't get me wrong but not worth anything over 4000 IMO.
Prices are wacked these days.

#23 9 years ago

Best pin ever according to reviewers on IPDB. Many games with higher out-of-box value today from Stern will crash and fall while TZ should hold pretty constant since the best of anything will always command a premium. Of course, a clunker is still a clunker, but I think the price range listed on pinsider for value is right on the money for an average TZ (some may get them cheaper, but they do sell in the listed range in the wild quite often).

#24 9 years ago

<duplicate post please delete>

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Evanston, IL
13,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pope Valley, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.