Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMGA0938.jpg
IMGA0932.jpg
IMGA0936.jpg
IMGA0935.jpg
IMGA0934.jpg
tz-cab9.jpg
tz-cab8.jpg
tz-cab7.jpg
tz-cab6.jpg
tz-cab5.jpg
tz-cab4.jpg
tz-cab3.jpg
tz-cab2.jpg
tz-cab.jpg
twilight-zone-right2.jpg
twilight-zone-right1.jpg

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Edit december 2015: I have had a few requests for some more which I don't plan to do at this time but I have a few left - 5 full sets if anybody still wants them.
PM and I'll do my best to get some out to you.

Following on from my Monster Bash and Simpsons decals, here are the custom Twilight Zone Decals back from the printers. The decals have been produced at high resolution 300dpi from scratch and then printed on commercial quality vinyl and laminated for durability - the inks used are UV resistant and should last many years. They are easy to apply and do not permanently stick to the cabinet so can be removed without residue. No wet method or playfield removal is required to fit them. Just peel and stick to clean dry sides. They can be wiped down with a dry cloth.

Special thanks to Mark for allowing me to fit them to his Twilight Zone for the pics and for the games in between on his awesome collection.

The first run is just about spoken for now but if there is enough demand I can see about another after. Just drop me a pm with your name, country and if possible email so I can reply.

Enjoy.

twilight-zone-right.jpg
twilight-zone-right1.jpg
twilight-zone-right2.jpg

tz-15.jpg

tz-cab.jpg
tz-cab2.jpg
tz-cab3.jpg
tz-cab4.jpg
tz-cab5.jpg
tz-cab6.jpg
tz-cab7.jpg
tz-cab8.jpg
tz-cab9.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Wonderful as always! I love my Monster Bash decals, and this makes me wish I still had Twilight Zone!

#3 4 years ago

Awesome decals.

#4 4 years ago

Definitely a different looks hmmm...

#5 4 years ago

They look great! Please put me on the waiting list for these.

#6 4 years ago

Beautiful illustration. Put me on the list for wanting a set as well.

#7 4 years ago

Please let me know when these are ready!

#8 4 years ago

Same here.

#9 4 years ago

Hey Daniel, looks like ya have another winner here.

#10 4 years ago

Daniel, Put me in on these as well. I have your Monster Bash sideblades and they look great. Thx

#11 4 years ago

Looks like first-rate quality on the decals, but too busy for my taste. Nice work, regardless.

#12 4 years ago

These look awesome - would you consider doing one for the back as well?

#13 4 years ago

Absolutely love my Simpsons decals. Can't wait til these are ready. They are definitely going on my twilight zone!! Thanks silly old elf. You products and service are too notch!!

#14 4 years ago

Please put me on the list for tz Sideart

#15 4 years ago

This looks amazing. Really, really nice work.

#16 4 years ago

Thanks guys. TZ is an interesting theme and it took quite a bit of research to come up with ideas from the series to put into decals without going over what has already been done. Once I have fitted them and I am happy, I can do a print run if there is enough interest.

If you think you might like a set, pm with your name, location and email contact address so I can get in touch when they are ready.

#17 4 years ago

Definitely in for a set of these. This time I actually have the game!

#18 4 years ago

Very cool illustrations. Not sure if I feel it fits with the current art style in the game, but very cool none-the-less. What would also be very cool, and might work in the game as well would be a black and white version. Something like these I might be up for.

Great job!

TZ-B&Wlt.pngTZ-B&Wrt.png

#19 4 years ago

How much are something like these? I like the black and white also . These are very busy but I think would add alot of depth to tz not like it needs it lol

#20 4 years ago

Black and white is an interesting idea. Originally they did have more black in the sky and shading but I changed it as TZ is quite a colourful machine and they looked better having more pop to the colours.
The artwork contains a lot of references to the old series - stuff like the sign and props (some of the repro props fetch a fortune now ). So I tried to include as much as possible for the fans, little details like the skill shot as balls on the right etc. So hopefully not too busy but enough so that when you look at them you see something new each time

A black and white version would be no problem to do if anybody wanted to give them a go.
I'm aiming for $75 plus postage colour or black and white for those who would like to try a set.

#21 4 years ago

Sign me up for 1 TZ colour version

#22 4 years ago

Sign me up for a color set... Thx and be blessed!

#23 4 years ago

+1 Color set.

#24 4 years ago

Are you going to come up with a decal for the dmd, like you did for TSPP? That color really catches your eye when looking down a row of machines.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Goner:

Are you going to come up with a decal for the dmd, like you did for TSPP? That color really catches your eye when looking down a row of machines.

I'd REALLY like to see one for my Avatar LE but he'd probably run into licensing trouble.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Goner:

I haven't planned on doing anything else for TZ - want to LOTR underway as it is my fav theme and my machine has been modded as far as I want to, so the decals are the last step to completing it. I think the TSPP speaker panel worked out well as the theme suited it but I'm not sure I would do speaker panels again as the amount of work it took getting it to fit nearly drove me mad

#27 4 years ago

Really nice!!!! I would love to see a decal with Rod Serling holding a cigarette in his hand..It would sell like hot cakes man.

#28 4 years ago

Well he is in, just minus the cigarette. Never thought to include that what with all the anti-smoking these days

#29 4 years ago

Oh Rod was famous for smoking and back then you can smoke anywhere you wanted to.When Rod was filming his shows he always had a smoke.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

I would love to see a decal with Rod Serling holding a cigarette in his hand.

Then I would be "out" on these panels. I don't want to risk any smoke damage to the game.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Then I would be "out" on these panels. I don't want to risk any smoke damage to the game.

Now THAT is the WORST excuse for not buying something I have EVER heard.

#32 4 years ago

First test batch came back from the printers after colour proofing and I am really pleased with the printing quality. The colours and artwork really pops in person - pics don't do them justice really. The laminate is rich and glossy.

Hopefully have some installed pics next week.

#33 4 years ago

Sign me up.

#34 4 years ago

Amazing work. I have the TSPP and MB on our machines at the PinCrossing and continually get comments from players about how well they are done. Please sign me up for TZ as well!

-Jay

PS: I'm still very patiently waiting for LOTR!

#35 4 years ago

Looks awesome but I'm trying to recall a werewolf in twilight zone. I thought I've seen them all.

#36 4 years ago

LOTR are next - I've not forgotten you Jay! They require a more realistic approach to the artwork to match the movie images(somewhat more complicated) but I have some nice design ideas down already.

The boogie man(werewolf) might be a bit of artistic license so to speak I wanted something menacing to go next to the power, so a shadow creature coming out of the shadows as the man waits on the street - well you get the idea

#37 4 years ago

Looks great-I'll keep an eye out for when these are available. Might be another group buy coming from Canada

#38 4 years ago

I'm in for TZ.

#39 4 years ago

I'd really like to see pictures of these in a game. I think on their own the illustrations look great, I'm just concerned about how well the style meshes with the style in the game currently. I have mirror blades that I was planning to install, but if these look coordinated with the playfield art, I would definitely consider changing directions.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'd really like to see pictures of these in a game. I think on their own the illustrations look great, I'm just concerned about how well the style meshes with the style in the game currently. I have mirror blades that I was planning to install, but if these look coordinated with the playfield art, I would definitely consider changing directions.

If his last two projects are any indication they're going to line up awesome with the playfield art.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'd like to see pictures of these in a game. I think on their own the illustrations look great, I'm just concerned about how well the style meshes with the style in the game.

The quality of the panels for MB was absolutely stellar and I expect these will be just as nice. It looked like it was natural to match sidepanel artwork to the MB layout (with a castle behind Drac, a boat and lagoon behind Creature, pyramids alongside Mummy, etc). It looks like the street sign (Maple Street) is nicely positioned for TZ, so maybe the other images used will look appropriate also.

#42 4 years ago

Just like your MB & Simpsons (both of which I have), these look fantastic. I'm tempted to pick up a set and I've already got awesome side decals for my TZ that a fellow in Europe did a few years back.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Very cool illustrations. Not sure if I feel it fits with the current art style in the game, but very cool none-the-less. What would also be very cool, and might work in the game as well would be a black and white version. Something like these I might be up for.
Great job!
TZ-B&Wlt.png (Click image to enlarge)TZ-B&Wrt.png (Click image to enlarge)

Awesome!

#44 4 years ago

These look awesome! In for 1 color.

#45 4 years ago

5 stars from me!

#46 4 years ago

You are an amazing artist.

1 week later
#48 4 years ago

Post updated with pics showing decals fitted to machine. Thanks to Mark for all his help.

#49 4 years ago

It's me who should be doing the thanking

The decals look awesome, I'm really pleased with them.

A lot easier than I thought they would be to fit, and no need to remove the playfield.

Great work Dan.

#50 4 years ago

Yeah the TZ cabinet was very easy to fit as quite a bit of space each side of the playfield. I'm glad you like them - I'm really pleased too with how they came out now I've seen the final revision fitted in place

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Indian Land, SC
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside