New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 261499)

Twilight zone colordmd back to b&w fix

By Warbleboopie

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by PinballManiac40
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
2019-02-02 14_20_45-WPC ribbon cable to reseat - Paint (resized).png
C55A7DFE-7E0E-4BE4-A993-333C5E0CD2A4.jpeg

#1 9 months ago

My twilight zone dmd went out and is now back to black and white, can anyone help me out with the parts I should order to fix the issue?
There is flickering on lots of pixels so leaving it broken with the white won’t work I have to fix it.
Thanks a bunch.

C55A7DFE-7E0E-4BE4-A993-333C5E0CD2A4.jpeg
#2 9 months ago
Quoted from Warbleboopie:

My twilight zone dmd went out and is now back to black and white, can anyone help me out with the parts I should order to fix the issue?
There is flickering on lots of pixels so leaving it broken with the white won’t work I have to fix it.
Thanks a bunch.[quoted image]

You'll probably need to email Randy at colordmd

#3 9 months ago

Try reseating this ribbon cable. I think it may be missing a signal due to a bad connection.2019-02-02 14_20_45-WPC ribbon cable to reseat - Paint (resized).png

#4 9 months ago

I reseated the ribbon cable and its fixed. You are a genius thank you so much pinballmaniac40

image (resized).jpg
#5 9 months ago

Great diagnosis PinballManiac40. You are an asset to Pinside.

1 week later
#6 9 months ago

Thanks. But experience of this happening a dozen times just means it needed to be shared for others to look for it as well when trouble comes about.

The idea of gaining experience is best shared with others.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside