Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by qbass187
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

New to this , testing says clock is broken, I find during clock test that nothing happens as minute hand passes 12 o’clock , but it shows good at 3 , 6 and 9 but nothing at 12 o’clock ,,, tried to remove cover ( faceplate) and clean with qtip but it did nothing,,,, new to this opto world , what’s my next step to fix clock? I am sorry I am sure this has been addressed before

#2 2 years ago

I'd put a new board in it and call it a day.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CLK001P

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

I have been reading about something called ingo board,,, is that the one?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Jomo924:

I have been reading about something called ingo board,,, is that the one?

The Ingo board is made by a German pinball enthusiast named "Ingo". His board gets more accolades than many of the others.

#5 2 years ago

So how much work is it to change boards? Full clock disassemble and soldering?

#6 2 years ago

https://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html no idea how long to get one.

Some connectors below the playfield. On top side one screw. Slide clock back and up and remove with wires.

Unplug two connectors at bottom of the clock.

4 screws on front, tiny clip holds hands on with one resting on a steel tiny rod, get them back in the same positions. Then 4 screws in the rear, pull out motor and gears - don't mess with gears. Then pull the board out. Stick the new one in. Reassemble.

No soldering.

#7 2 years ago

Thanks i will post results once I get new board

#8 2 years ago

Being it’s just the 12 o’clock that’s the issue is there any chance, likelyhood that it’s a connector or plug somewhere? Forgive this question if it’s dumb but all the stuff I have read on the clock gets confusing

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Jomo924:

Being it’s just the 12 o’clock that’s the issue is there any chance, likelyhood that it’s a connector or plug somewhere?

Are there bulbs in the clock and not LEDs ? If bulbs, their heat destroys the optos. You could replace the 12 o'clock opto, but the others will follow soon.

#10 2 years ago

That would make sense then that the 12 o’clock went first as heat rises and trapped at the top, I ordered ingo board and leds from him too,

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Jomo924:

That would make sense then that the 12 o’clock went first as heat rises and trapped at the top, I ordered ingo board and leds from him too,

Make sure to set the clock to 12:00 prior to taking it apart. It will make reassembly much easier. I replaced my clock board a few years ago. I am not mechanically inclined, so you should have no trouble. Go slow take some pics as you go.

1 week later
#12 2 years ago

Anyone order a clock board from ingo? I ordered a week ago but haven’t gotten any email or any correspondence at all, PayPal did the transaction

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Jomo924:

Anyone order a clock board from ingo? I ordered a week ago but haven’t gotten any email or any correspondence at all, PayPal did the transaction

I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. It is the best clock and I hope to order more when they get going again..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/message-from-german-pinball-aka-ingo-overseas-shipping-problems-

4 weeks later
#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Jomo924:

Same here, have ordered 14th of Jan (and paid), no comms whatsoever. Have sent a few mails by now, not sure what is going on. Don't mind waiting as such but an order confirmation with estimated delivery surely isn't too much to ask. Need to know if I have to put an interim fix in my clock or even find an alternative.

Florian

#15 2 years ago

Just found Ingo's timely replies to my mails in the Spam folder - so apparently getting my board shipped in another week (as one is gone since his answer) which is completely fine by me. Guess I'll solder in an opto tonight to bridge the time then ...

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from drhex:

Just found Ingo's timely replies to my mails in the Spam folder - so apparently getting my board shipped in another week (as one is gone since his answer) which is completely fine by me. Guess I'll solder in an opto tonight to bridge the time then ...

Are you in the US? I was thinking of ordering one but there was a question at the time about him being able to ship overseas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-clock-broken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.