Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bumper
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

So there’s a Twilight zone at work that has the usual “clock is broken” message. The thing is, it still moves does this indicate that it would be possible to make it work by trying to take apart the clock and clean/replace optos? Or is it fried and only way is replacing that board? With how many machines that are there it’s not really a big deal that it isn’t functioning so if the only way is replacing the board it’s probably not going to happen right now but if I can mess with it with stuff onhand it would be nice to see it work.

#2 3 years ago

I’d post your question here for TZ experts. I’ve never had to deal with my clock yet. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/178#post-5776399

#3 3 years ago

There is a clock test in the menu which will help you know if optos working. I'm not sure how easy it is to replace an opto since they are mounted on the boards. You can always try cleaning them. Look for guide taking clock apart. Nothing difficult but a few things are important. Easiest thing to do is upgrade to the german bd that has improvements to design. However sounds like it's difficult sourcing one with covid right now.

#4 3 years ago

I had a "clock is broken" message at one time and it was the plug at the bottom of the clock board, it had a bad pin. The clock seemed to work thou. After fixing the plug it went away.

#5 3 years ago

If you need a clock board I do have a spare I would part with.

1 week later
#6 3 years ago

The original Clock board design is flaky, repros with the same design have the same issues, believe me, I have tried. The only permanent solution is Ingo Kramer's Twilight Zone TZ Clock Board:

https://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 132.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-clock-1?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.