Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgadzia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

TZ buy in button not lighting up. measure the voltage across the connector and only getting about 1.5 volts. I replaced the diode with 1N4004 and still no luck. If i measure the voltage behind the diode i am getting about 7 volts. Any help would be appreciated

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look at your lamp matrix in the manual, see where the wires go to other lamps. Check them and nearby connectors for a poor connection.
LTG : )

i will check them but all the other lights in the matrix are working properly

#6 5 years ago

ok i have checked the continuity to every connector with my multimeter in column 8 (except left spiral, it is not listed on the diagram and i cant figure out what lamp it is referring to) everything reads perfect continuity. i have also checked continuity to every lamp in that row and get perfect continuity. I am getting some current through the lamp (see attached video) but not enough to light the bulb. i switched the bulb with the start button light and it works fine on the start button. i bypassed the outlet and connected the bulb directly to the two wires and still get low current flow. i measure the voltage at around 1.5 volts in the outlet which is the same as the start button. i replaced the 1n4004 diode with a 1n4001 diode with no improvement. Uggh this is driving me crazy, every other light in the colum and the row works fine (except left spiral because i dont know where that it) any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pJdaw9DeXVMBbuYA7

#8 5 years ago

i think i have narrowed it down the red violet wire. if i hook the bulb up to the yellow/gray wire from the start button(column 8 which is the same as the buy in button) and connect the return to the red/violet wire i have the same problem. if i hook the yellow/gray from the buy in button and hook it to the red/gray wire of the start button the bulb works fine. which must mean the problem is the ground correct? so do i just put my ohm meter to each bulb of the red/violet and look for an elevate ohm level?

#9 5 years ago

ok checked the resistance from the buy in button to every lamp in the row and get 0 resistance. checked the resistance across the diode and am gettin 1500 ohms? is that correct, that seems very high. I am using a 1n4001? is this correct?

#11 5 years ago

i pulled it out of the circuit and it is measuring 1500 on the 2000k setting, in fact i checked all my replacement diodes and that is what it is reading. Do i have a bad batch of diodes?

#13 5 years ago

i followed the wire directly back to the board, it connects on a different header than the rest of row (it connects at pin 8 on J135 whereas the other lamps on the row plug into pin 8 on J133) so i know it cant be a poor connection with one of the other lamps. So i hooked alligator clips after the diode on the red/purple wire at the lamp and plugged directly into pin 8 on J133 and J135 independently and I had the same problem. I tried touching the connector to the other pins on the board and the light lit up normally, so i know the problem is not the diode or it shouldnt have worked on the other pins. I am guessing this means the problem is with the processor because every other light in the row and the column work?

#14 5 years ago

ok I am a complete moron. I was assuming that the buy in light was lit during attract mode of the game and as i saw some current flowing through the led, I just assumed that there was a problem with it not lighting. The problem is the buy in light does not light up during attract mode, which was the way i was testing it, instead of going into the test menu and lighting the single lamp. Doing that and it works fine. Thanks for all the help, sorry for wasting your time!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgadzia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-buy-in-button-not-lighting?tu=jgadzia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.