Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jack0623
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I bought a Twilight Zone yesterday and have had 5 issues so far. The first 4 I have fixed. The latest one now is the Bridge Diverter. It is not returning down far enough to pick up the ball. The ball bounces off the side and ends up just sitting in the middle of the bridge, stuck forever. Even if I try to force it by hand it's almost as if the rod is not long enough. Everything is tight. The coil seems to go in and out as far as it possibly can so I am stumped. It's almost like the rod shrunk. What am I missing?

#2 9 years ago

Need some pics to really help

#3 9 years ago

The plunger moves smoothly through the coil?
Is the wireform ramp going underneath the mini playfield like is should? Should go under and then is screwed in from the top?

#4 9 years ago

I figured it out. Somehow the upper playfield must have popped up over the channel that holds it in place when I was lifting the playfield to work on it. So it was raised too high. I don't know how I missed that. It was driving me crazy. I actually had the whole thing apart before I noticed it. Now I am having my 6th problem. The second ball and everyone after ALWAYS thinks it's the power ball. The machine keeps telling me to give it back and yet the white ball is always in the gum ball machine. Any ideas?

#5 9 years ago

Check your trough proximity sensor, switch 26. It sounds like the balls might be hitting the sensor coil which, in turn, might have a loose connection or broken solder joint or something that gets pushed "open" when the next ball has struck it or is resting on it.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from jack0623:

I figured it out. Somehow the upper playfield must have popped up over the channel that holds it in place when I was lifting the playfield to work on it. So it was raised too high. I don't know how I missed that. It was driving me crazy. I actually had the whole thing apart before I noticed it. Now I am having my 6th problem. The second ball and everyone after ALWAYS thinks it's the power ball. The machine keeps telling me to give it back and yet the white ball is always in the gum ball machine. Any ideas?

Yep switch 26 the wire gets loose and causes a bad connection on the board. I just had this issue I put a few twist in the wire and its been fine since. I am eventually getting the upgraded wire from pinbits or solder the wire directly to the board

#7 9 years ago

Yes I messed around with those switches and it seems to be working again. Thanks everyone for your replies!! I think I am going to order some extra switches today just to have some on hand. This last issue I have now is sometimes after launching the ball the ball gets stuck under the board and does not seem to make it down to the slot kick-out. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for that? My machine is leveled properly so I am not sure why that happens. Sometimes you end up tilting the game to get the ball unstuck before it kicks out.

Thanks again everyone! Everyone here is so helpful!!!

Jack

#8 9 years ago

My guess is that you've either got a bit of a divot (or just some debris) in the subway that routes the ball over to the slot machine kickout.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from jack0623:

Yes I messed around with those switches and it seems to be working again. Thanks everyone for your replies!! I think I am going to order some extra switches today just to have some on hand. This last issue I have now is sometimes after launching the ball the ball gets stuck under the board and does not seem to make it down to the slot kick-out. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for that? My machine is leveled properly so I am not sure why that happens. Sometimes you end up tilting the game to get the ball unstuck before it kicks out.
Thanks again everyone! Everyone here is so helpful!!!
Jack

Any pics maybe its not in correctly or its really really dirty?

#10 9 years ago

It ended up being the screw being loose on the metal part that catches the ball if you miss one of the three doors and shoot the ball too far. The screw there is actually stripped on the outside of the machine so I expect it to start happening again eventually. Not sure what everyone else does when they get stripped screws in to the wood, but I usually put wood glue in the hole and break some wooden toothpicks in there and re-screw the screws back in and that seems to work well. I had that problem with the lift bracket and it seems to be very solid now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-bridge-diverter-wont-come-down-far-enough-to-pickup-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.