Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mageek
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

When the auto-fire kicker launches a ball (that should then go to either the upper left flipper or to the gumball), the ball gets jammed in 80% of the cases somewhere halfway of the lane. Often it doesn't get further than a third up and rolls back in the rocket kicker. I think it gets shot with enough power, but that the launch isn't "clean". It hits the side of the lane, oscillates and makes a sudden stop. It doesn't happen at a fixed spot. It just abruptly comes to a halt, as if the ball had "bad spin" or something. It happens with all balls including the powerball.

This is annoying, especially when after LITZ the balls need to be shot back into the gumball. It often just gives up and then the game is totally confused about where the balls are.

I already disassembled/reassembled the kicker but couldn't find any obvious defect. I added a washer to the pivot arm to reduce sideway movements but that didn't help.

I would really appreciate any hints!

(For what it's worth: the rocket kicker often misses the hitch-hiker lane at the other side... a related problem ?)

#2 4 years ago

Rocket kicker has a steel lane guide held by two screws, loosen to aim it.

Auto launch - have to watch carefully, is it hitting the center of the ball and notdeflecting it ?

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Thanks LTG.
Indeed, the auto launch was hitting the side of the ball. As I couldn't find any other way to adjust it, I had to bend it a little. I get 90% good shots now.
And the 2 screws for the rocket kicker also fixed that problem!

Next: get some consistency from the eject out of the slot machine. It is hard to catch the ball and definitely not possible to get it bumping of the right flipper onto the left flipper.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from tomvdp:

Thanks LTG.
Next: get some consistency from the eject out of the slot machine. It is hard to catch the ball and definitely not possible to get it bumping of the right flipper onto the left flipper.

Check the weld on the scoop it might be broken causing the ball to eject inconsistently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
$ 12.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 132.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-balls-jam-in-the-auto-kicker-lane?hl=mageek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.