• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by sldwaa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CBE89DE9-A3B3-497D-B729-6F6415885155 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from sldwaa:

I recently purchased a TZ and was able eject all balls using T.19 in the home ROM (9.4H). I changed the ROM to the .ch version which came with the machine in a static bag when I purchased the TZ. I did this for two reasons; first I like coins, and second, the H version did not allow me to save high scores (I tried everything I could think of and read and the machine default high scores always came up - however, with the .ch [L.4] I was able to save without issue). With that being said, I now no longer have the T.19 setting to eject the balls. Here are my question...
First question, can someone please advise where I can find the settings in the configuration for the .ch to eject all the balls in the machine (or can't it be done)? I scoured the settings and cannot find it. I like to remove the balls before raising the play-field, etc.
Second question, I would like to go back to 9.4H if I can get the high scores to record. Here is what I tried to do (going off memory): The home rom was installed (came in the machine) which was rev 9.4H. I did a factory reset, removed the batteries and let the electrons drain for a few minutes (it was difficult vacuuming up the electrons off the floor), and the batteries are good. Started the machine back up, reset time and date, then reset the backup champion + 4 high scores in the configuration in A.4 (10-14), (1,000,000 each - which is very low), then reset the high score (HSTD) in the utilities menu (U.3). When I start the machine up, it shows the high scores I configured at 1,000,000 each (which also show bogus names), however when I play and exceed these numbers, the high scores do not update nor do they allow me to enter a new high score player initials. I read 9.4H had some issues, but I cannot make it work. I also reset the high score reset to never reset.
Last question, as there are features on the 9.4H I like, can this rom be configured in the settings to accept coins (I assume not)?
Thoughts and thanks!

I'm not aware of that kind of issue with high scores not saving. However, to remove the balls before lifting up the PF, just find the solenoid that kicks them up into the trough (you can reach it when you open the coin door) and just manually push it up quickly to pop the balls out.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from sldwaa:

Awesome, thanks. I will snag a a 9.4ch. I see it available on the web, but it is marked as unofficial. I assume the 9.4h is official and the 9.4ch is not because it was hacked for coin use?

FWIW: 9.4h is unofficial. The original programmer did it himself on his own time to add a few more tweaks/features to the code. His only stipulation was that it be "free only" (no coins). 9.4ch is a hack to enable coins against his wishes (and is why he no longer updates any of the code).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 1,059.00
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-ball-removal-high-score-issue?tu=arcadenerd925 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.