IMG_3884D (resized).JPG
IMG_3838 (resized).JPG
IMG_3842D (resized).JPG
IMG_3676 (resized).jpg
IMG_3624 (resized).jpg
IMG_3606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3607 (resized).jpg
IMG_3403 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captchaos_02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 1 year ago
Quoted from EStroh:

By far, this is the most significant pinball "mod" I have come up with. I know, it looks deceptively simple but this piece has allowed me to move countless pins into and out of the bed of my truck by myself without ANY stress or wear to the cabinets. The idea is that I wanted to eliminate any potential damage to the front or back of the cabinet by sliding (scraping) it into place while it was being loaded. I built this simple pin-moving device that:
1. Creates a "nest" for the pin to rest in, so the bottom of the cabinet isn't subjected to the stress of sliding across a surface that could damage the front or back of the cabinet. The platform slides, not the pin cabinet.
2. It creates a means to lift the pin by the edges instead of the bottom. A much more sturdy way of lifting the cabinet.
3. Any under cabinet lights, subwoofer or headphone wiring are protected from damage.
4. The runners on the underside of the platform work like sled runners to slide the pin in and out of my truck bed like a drawer.
5. The runners also sit within the trucks bed's ridges which reduce any shifting side to side.
6. The boarders around the edge of the platform make a nice buffer to keep a 4-sided spacing around the pin.
7. Only minimal strapping is required to keep the pin from shifting, since the platform itself doesn't allow any movement.
8. I can install/remove the legs easily while the platform is in place do to the cutouts at the four corners.
I slide this under any pin I move prior to using my Harbor Freight jack to lift it off the floor and start the loading process. It stays under the pin until it reaches its destination and the legs installed once again.
I really should take a photo of it in use - maybe on a later post.
This one however, I made for standard width pins. To move the Twilight Zone and Indy I need to build a widebody version.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Need to make one of these. Would save $$$ in damage to a pin not using.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Back to work on the pins.
I took some time to re-organize this part of the shop. 6 pins take up a lot of room, so I like to put them all on castors so I can easily push them around. Most everything you see here is pinball related (and note the stack of ColorDMD boxes on the top shelf). The indy is temporarily up on the tool chest so I can put the side cabinet decals on.
And yes, I attach pool noodles on the top of the backboxes so the playfields (when upright) don't leave a mark.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Extra points if you can figure out 2 of the 3 pins under the plastic

Feel like I can't guess what is under the plastic since you just told me 2 days ago when we saw each other.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 132.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captchaos_02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-and-indian-jones-semi-scratch-builds?tu=captchaos_02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.