(Topic ID: 271685)

Twilight Zone all the coils stopped working.

By V4Vendetta

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

all the coils stopped working and the test says F5 and f7 EOS and I tested those two in switch test and they register. Need help. Can someone guide me on where or what to look for next? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 6 months ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

all the coils stopped working and the test says F5 and f7 EOS and I tested those two in switch test and they register. Need help. Can someone guide me on where or what to look for next? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

F5,F7 are fuses?

#3 6 months ago

Coin door closed?

Check to see if it is a power problem TP6 should have +50 volts for the coils. Could be bad bridge BR3, capacitor C8, or fuse F112

#4 6 months ago

I don't know if you did this already, but did you check all fuses ? e.g. I had a non working Gumball motor caused by a blown flasher and fuse, replacing F111 ? (not 100% sure this one was the culprit, this is some time ago) fixed the issue for me.
Basically I started looking in the wrong direction for this error, and ended up replacing the flasher fuse to fix the Gumball motor operation.

#5 6 months ago

I had the same issue with my tz I replaced the 7 amp slow blow fuse f112 and I was fine. Also in my case my clock and gum-ball moters still worked when I had this issue but all other coils where dead.

#6 6 months ago

The f112 fuse was blown so after replacing the fuse. The game worked but the clock is still dead. The lights on clock works, it just the time doesn't move. and after playing 1 game, now only the bottom flippers don't work.

#7 6 months ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

The game worked but the clock is still dead. The lights on clock works, it just the time doesn't move. and after playing 1 game, now only the bottom flippers don't work.

More bad fuses.

Pull and check the ones on the driver board and fliptronics board, with a meter. Good practice.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside