Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by bk2futr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 39 days ago

Was playing the game last night and ball went in to the slot machine and under playfield and would not come out. Noticed all solenoids coils and bumpers not working. Flippers do still work though. So I checked all connections on the main CPU. Didn't find anything there so I pulled all the fuses and check them all of those were okay. I checked test point 6 and couldn't get a reading on it and it should have been 50 volt . I also checked J 102 and had 50 volts coming into the board So I pulled the board to check all the bridge rectifiers and those were all okay as well. Not sure where to go from here ...
I checked other posts and most people just had blown fuses

#2 38 days ago

Is there voltage at the dead coils? one side should be live and the other side is what the driver transistor will connect to ground to fire it. If no voltage its some sort of coil power issue but if there is voltage its some sort of cpu control / driver board issue

flippers usually run on a completely different circuit to all the cpu controlled coils so not strange they are unaffected.

#3 38 days ago
Quoted from bk2futr:

Was playing the game last night and ball went in to the slot machine and under playfield and would not come out. Noticed all solenoids coils and bumpers not working. Flippers do still work though. So I checked all connections on the main CPU. Didn't find anything there so I pulled all the fuses and check them all of those were okay. I checked test point 6 and couldn't get a reading on it and it should have been 50 volt . I also checked J 102 and had 50 volts coming into the board So I pulled the board to check all the bridge rectifiers and those were all okay as well. Not sure where to go from here ...
I checked other posts and most people just had blown fuses

if you have the correct voltage from the connector but dont have any voltage at testpoint 6, then your problem is between test point 6 and the connector, my guess is your connector is bad or you have a cold solder joint. check that first. i had a similar problem, and the problem was the connector to the board

1 week later
#4 30 days ago

Thanks. Since I had the board out I went ahead and reflowed the bridge rectifiers that I had changed a while back. I also checked all of them with my multimeter. Then put the board back in and still had the problem. So I shut everything off till later that evening and when I turned the game on everything was working properly now. so as of right now it a still working so it may be that connector but I did change it already when I was having reset issues years ago but I can maybe check the actual pins to see if any of those have a cold solder joint. Thank you very much for the info.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 234.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasanton, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Marshville, NC
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 999.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside