Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Jeez, please don't use the CH rom.

Aside from that - if you have a 10-opto board, you will need to have a qay to wire the new opto into the switch matrix. (Not sure what kits offer these days..) If you have two 7-opto boards, then you're set.

Should be really easy - just a lot of different things to do. (Drill mount opto, wire opto, mount magnet, wire magnet..)

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The 3rd magnet will only work on the home rom correct?

Yeah. In pre-9.4H versions, it will simply give you a small score (750k?) every time a ball passes the opto. Otherwise it won't be used.

Quoted from ScottSerpa:

The third magnet requires game ROM version 9.4. The only difference between the H and CH is the CH has the option for coin play and the H is free play only.

And the 'C' version was done explicitly against Ted's wishes, which prevented us from getting a 9.5 or later versions.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Care to elaborate on this?

No need - Ted's post on RGP is still there:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.games.pinball/5exaK_Q8-Pc/70Tl7ojZvBAJ

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Mine is 9.4h Im pretty sure. 20 years later, what difference at this point does it make. I don't know what he would have changed to make the game better and I have not run into any bugs, ever. Is Ted Estes still around? Any ideas what he would have done differently?

9.4H also lets you turn off the 'free play' message, and when you do that, it will count credits. (My game downstairs, at the moment, has 98 credits on it. I actually put money into my game.) The only difference is that when it reached '0', you can still hit start.

It was a long time ago, so I don't remember any specifics. He ran some thoughts around the beta testers, and I think the one I do remember everyone agreeing on was to try and fix the magnet toss start of multiball. There was also talk of - on sample games that had the second opto in the autofire kicker - allowing a harder multiball release by storing a ball in the kicker.

Again, (and sorry, this is off-topic. I really didn't mean to go on this long about it..) it was 18 years ago, and I no longer have the emails, so I'm just shooting out what I recall - which may or may not be tainted with time.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Ted works for JJP now - he worked on Hobbit and is lead on Dialed In.

Huh, cool! Wasn't aware of that. I hope he reads Pinside, at least. I would love to get in touch with him again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 22.50
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-3rd-magnet-project?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.