Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5718.jpg
IMG_5719.jpg
IMG_5720.jpg

#1 5 years ago

so I know I have posted about this before but I don't know how to delete posts
anyway my flippers don't work on my twilight zone and also does anybody know how the autoloader works
where do you put the balls to start I can put them into the bottom in between the flippers but then they don't load to the spring
there is also a picture below that shows a plug that I don't know where it goes thanks

IMG_5720.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

IMG_5718.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Looks like a bill acceptor plug.
Do your flipper switches work in switch test?

#3 5 years ago

Coin door closed?, disconnects all high voltage coils. I think there is also something in the menu to load gumball machine if that's what you mean by autoloader. Also, maybe a switch under rested balls in trough to tell it you have enough balls in game to load gumball, check those switches in test mode.
JP

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Coin door closed?, disconnects all high voltage coils. I think there is also something in the menu to load gumball machine if that's what you mean by autoloader. Also, maybe a switch under rested balls in trough to tell it you have enough balls in game to load gumball, check those switches in test mode.
JP

Tz didn't use high voltage disconnect on coin door unless someone did it as a after thought

#5 5 years ago

The balls will be sent to the gumball machine on their own. You should just be able to place them in the game into the trough and the game will set itself. Now are any of the other high voltage coils or flashers working under the test menu? Or is it just the flippers? If none are working that would be why the game is not "auto loading"
Start with checking the fuses.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Coin door closed?, disconnects all high voltage coils.

Not on his TZ. Only memory protect switch in the picture.

LTG : )™

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Tz didn't use high voltage disconnect on coin door

About 1/3rd of them didn't. The middle third had the high power interlock switch - but not wired in. The last third had the high power interlock switch and it was wired in.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Tz didn't use high voltage disconnect on coin door unless someone did it as a after thought

It was added mid-production run.

#9 5 years ago

What does the memory protect switch do when the door is opened?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It was added mid-production run.

Cool I was told it never got implemented glad to know the truth. Ive personally never seen one where it was used but its out there apparently lol. Thax. This one in question dont have it tho

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

What does the memory protect switch do when the door is opened?

Lets you change adjustments, pricing, game play, etc.

That is so if you have the door closed and playfield up, you don't accidentally change anything.

#12 5 years ago

Have you checked fuse F105 and fuses on fliptronic board (F901-904)?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lets you change adjustments, pricing, game play, etc.
That is so if you have the door closed and playfield up, you don't accidentally change anything.

I thought it was more so that if any customer tried to break into the machine - get the coindoor open enough to stick something in the opening - they wouldn't be able to change settings or add credits? (I mean, moreso for someone breaking in than the operator...)

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I thought it was more so that if any customer tried to break into the machine - get the coindoor open enough to stick something in the opening - they wouldn't be able to change settings or add credits? (I mean, moreso for someone breaking in than the operator...)

If the machine is broken into, usual bust coin door open. The memory protect switch opens and then settings can be changed.

I believe the thief would be more into the money than altering settings.

#15 5 years ago

the test results say check gumball machine diverter and clock is broken also where are the fuses that would be for the flippers i found the main fuse but that is it
thanks

#16 5 years ago

Look at the Fliptronics board, in the bacbox. Manual will ahve the location and values. Check page #1-47.

#17 5 years ago

I'm sorry i really know nothing i'm lost as to where the fuses are you said in the backbox but i can't seem to find where they are
thanks from a newbie

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from ianctaylor:

I'm sorry i really know nothing i'm lost as to where the fuses are you said in the backbox but i can't seem to find where they are
thanks from a newbie

Again, look in the manual - page #1-47 - all of them are shown in their location in the backbox.

These fuses, however, won't help nor worsen the clock issue, however... That will need to be looked at. And if you don't HAVE a manual, go get a copy, as you'll need it to help with the clock and gumball diverter..

#19 5 years ago

i have found a manual online and have found #1-47 but where is the backbox
thanks

#20 5 years ago

i found the backbox! but the fuses that are for the flippers are not burned out and look fine also there are some AA batteries back there abybody know what those are for

#21 5 years ago

The AAs are there to leak and stuff your bord.
They keep me!ory when the game is off. But you should change them with the ga!e on once a year

#22 5 years ago

There could be a number of things wrong with your machine. Have you just got it?

#23 5 years ago

i have just got it the fliptronics board fuses arent burned out either

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from ianctaylor:

but the fuses that are for the flippers are not burned out and look fine

Did you pull them and check with a meter ?

#25 5 years ago

This /\

#26 5 years ago

If the gumball diverter is sausaged the game won't auto load the gumball machine on start up.

#27 5 years ago

both my fliptronics flipper fuses are good i checked them with meter are there any other fuses that i should check
i see some random fuses that are burned out also so maybe i should check all of the fuses and replace the needed ones any input as to which fuses i should check would be appreciated
thanks

#28 5 years ago

Check all replace busted ones. Don't replace same for same go off the fuse list

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Check all replace busted ones. Don't replace same for same go off the fuse list

Like mickpin said, DO NOT replace with what fuses are there. Lesson I learned a long time ago. Trust me, check the fuse list !!

#30 5 years ago

the fuse list just says something like F102 or F106 but not the actual name of the fuse does anybody know where to find those

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from ianctaylor:

the fuse list just says something like F102 or F106 but not the actual name of the fuse does anybody know where to find those

Chart in manual page 1-47 has fuse list and what value.

LTG : )

#32 5 years ago

Have a good glance through the manual and get to terms with some of these simple things. You have a lot of learning to do and there are plenty of people on here willing to help but I have found people get pissed off if you don't at least try to meet them half way. Hope that didn't sound meen just saying how it is.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside