6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Patnukem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Just found a cabinet to start on this project. I am excited about such a huge project but I wanted a fun challenging one. The cabinet previously was a ST:TNG and I will be repairing and prepping it for the insides.

My biggest challenge so far is finding a populated or semi populated playfield. I mostly just need the main wire harness, I've looked everywhere, I guess I will just work on other parts and hope something works out.

Hope to have some pictures to share in a week or two when the cabinet starts coming together.

#2 6 years ago

This is an ambitious project!! I'm curious why you didn't just buy a TZ in the first place?

#3 6 years ago

Does that mean you have a populated playfield with no harness?
    A harness would be decently easy, yet tedious to make.

#4 6 years ago

Well I build a 1980s Rollin Stones without anything but a empty cabinet and it was a fun project. I also enjoy putting stuff together and it helps my repair skills. Mostly it just keeps me out of trouble.

Right now I just have a cabinet (for sttng) but plan on using a repro playfield and have found most of the parts. I was really wishing to find a trashed semi populated playfield, I will probably just work on other parts and keep an eye out for one.

I've considered building one but not having the measurements of the wire means it would be kind of a shot in the dark, unless I knew the longest wire and trimmed them down after installing... thinking out loud now.

I enjoy difficult challenging projects and I really can't think of a harder one (minus my afterburner deluxe that has some bug I've yet to pinpoint.)

I should be picking up the cabinet soon so I'll post some photos.

1 week later
    #5 6 years ago

well the cabinet was a lot nicer shape then I thought, I guess I am going to be building a Next Generation instead...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.