Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Can't seem to find a 10 opto board for a twilight zone anywhere. Every site I have found says the same thing "out of stock". Anyone have a lead on one? Thanks.

#3 9 years ago

GLM is the finest of folks for sure.

I've always said if you really only do 1 mod to your TZ, out of the 900000, even if you're not into modding, it should be the powerfield switch kit. It's just so damn pretty.

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/tzmpskit2.html

#4 9 years ago

Looks like I will have to get in touch with him via e mail. Thanks for your input. I hadn't seen the power field switch kit. Looks like I'm gonna need that also. Thanks again.

#5 9 years ago

If your opto board isn't working, look for corrosion around the 100 uF capacitor. My board would intermittently show all optos going open and start going crazy. Replacing the capacitor and repairing the traces was a perfect fix.

#6 9 years ago

I haven't had a chance to look for corrosion or burnt spots. I wanted the new one also because I read that they produced something like 65% less heat. I will check the 100 if capacitor though. Thank you.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GLM is the finest of folks for sure.
I've always said if you really only do 1 mod to your TZ, out of the 900000, even if you're not into modding, it should be the powerfield switch kit. It's just so damn pretty.
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/tzmpskit2.html

Could not agree more. A bit of soldering but well worth it.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Thespiffy53:

I wanted the new one also because I read that they produced something like 65% less heat.

Revolutionary technology that reduces power consumption by over 65%

#9 9 years ago

And the GLM has leds, green and red, to pinpoint dead transmitting and receiving optos. It really is great. I got all of GLM's stuff on my TZ.

#10 9 years ago

Is the 10 opto switch board different than the 10 opto one on IJ? I have an extra that would only be 50$ tested working and looks great with no hacks or repair.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Is the 10 opto switch board different than the 10 opto one on IJ? I have an extra that would only be 50$ tested working and looks great with no hacks or repair.

A 10 opto board on both should be same part.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-10-opto-board-out-of-stock-everywhere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.