image-851.jpg
image-915.jpg
il_340x270.528189701_7zx2.jpg
gimp.gif
The Bird.png
LymanDreaming.jpg
tweedledee-tweedledum-3.jpg
292956-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HunchbackHodler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#288 9 years ago

I don't think Blade Runner and Dune would make for a fun pin, those films are sombre and melancholic,

"Am I really human multiball"

"I sense my baby sister in my mother wizard mode"

uhm, I don't know about that. As for Pulp Fiction vs Kill Bill, I agree that Kill Bill fits the nature of pinball better than Pulp Fiction, but what makes Pulp Fiction interesting as a choice is that it's more in the tradition of The Big Lebowski, a film that has a cult following among a less geeky crowd, whereas Kill Bill feels like a Batman movie or something, and I've had enough with the geeky themes after Stern.

What impresses me the most about Dutch Pinball is that they chose a theme that a film teacher could agree with.

But if we're going to go with something that would make everyone happy (one guy wants horror/sci-fi and others want action geek fare) how about the movie Aliens?

#302 9 years ago

the bowling sub-game looks easy, especially when you consider the long barrel of the cannon and how easy that makes it to aim, and the ball is too big for those pins making it even easier.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Tracking down and killing each replicant, greatness, Roy's callouts would be fantastic to hear during a multiball.

but in the movie, the killing of those replicants was presented as sad, all they wanted was to live longer, what would you do to live longer? ...it's conflicting. Deckard became a depressive alcoholic because of this act you call "greatness". Roy even saved Deckard's life at the end for redemption. The replicants were not zombies.

You didn't get this film. Not one bit.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really?
How do you know? Just because he said it would be great to hunt down and kill Replicant's in a pinball machine makes you think he didn't get the film??
Maybe you didn't get his post. Not one bit.

The replicants are not robots, they're living "organic" people who have been put into slavery. Deckard didn't want to go back to his old job when Bryant asked him for a reason, the guilt trip turned him into a depressive alcoholic, and the film depicts him as getting "the shakes" after killing a replicant.

I understood his post just right, and he (and you) made the mistake of believing the replicants to be 3/4 of a human being. The film depicts Roy as a child lashing out from the fear of dying.

"How does it feel to live in fear?" asked Roy when Deckard was about to fall to his death (because that's how it feels to be a replicant).

Anyways, I felt sorry for them, and so a pinball machine that celebrates the killing of replicants is one that didn't get the tone and message of the film.

#314 9 years ago

double post, sorry

#317 9 years ago

@RobT

I could use the same argument about you not understanding my post and how it's you who is jumping to conclusions.

The killing of replicants is treated by the film as melancholic, it's not pinball material.

Whatever was intended by the word "greatness", it still shows a lack of understanding of how such a game would work, that there's nothing great about killing, we learn that as kids, 10 million points for killing people is just not right for pinball or DP.

So I came up with an idea like Aliens, because that film celebrates the killing of aliens. And he said that he likes sci-fi and horror.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#318 9 years ago

good licenses for DP:

Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
The Empire Strikes Back (but maybe we already have too many star wars pins)
Aliens
Caddyshack

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I don't see ghostbusters for a theme.

maybe it's too kiddy

#326 9 years ago

some more ideas for DP:

Logan's Run
Mad Max
Brazil
Evil Dead 2 / Army of Darkness
Pink Flamingos
Fight Club
Napoleon Dynamite
The Lost Boys
Barbarella
The Running Man

#328 9 years ago

Breaking Bad!!!

it has a hard core following that trounces TBL, it goes beyond cult following and overlaps with the mainstream. And unlike TWD, the AMC name won't be plastered everywhere because the license belongs to Sony, "yeeah bitch!"

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Breaking bad ended what, like 5 minutes ago?
Love for Lebowski has been going strong for almost 20 years now.
Breaking bad reminds me of the show The Wire. It is considered to be one of the best shows of all time, but do you hear anyone talking about it anymore. Nope.
Meanwhile, you can go to a Lebowskifest to celebrate TBL every year.
So no, Breaking Bad doesn't trounce TBL

I don't give a crap about that small fest. TBL fanboys do not outnumber BB fanboys.

For one example, on IMDB, the BB message board gets new posts every 30 minutes, whereas the TBL board's last update was 10 hours ago. So yeah it trounces, and BB fans don't need a fest to meet each other because they're everywhere, yet I never met a TBL fanboy in person, these guys are so lonely, thank god they have that fest to meet each other.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Breaking Bad is incredible and will have a fantastic legacy. I can see myself revisiting the show every few years and being just as enthralled as I was originally.
Would it make a good pinball? I dunno...maybe. Definitely has many huge moments that would make for intense modes.
How would you "win" the game though? Don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it...but the ending of the show doesn't make for a great wizard mode lol

ya, i have to admit, the wizard mode would be a problem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

15,000 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HunchbackHodler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-vs-tbl?tu=HunchbackHodler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.