• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
face.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Ran across this recently made video and thought this interesting fellow seemed like a real character. He wants to show you why it's worth buying the TWD LE instead of the Pro. Not just because he has one to sell I'm sure.

One of my concerns after watching the video is buying a new pin from him with forehead oil prints all over the playfield (at 16:22).

I didn't make use of the plug he points out for the topper accessory but I'm guessing he just didn't know.

I didn't know Stern is planning on going back now and making toppers for older games like Tron and such...

And I learned the Dot Matrix Display is actually made as an LED Dot Matrix Display.

#2 9 years ago

I just noticed that the Well Walker looks a lot like Todd!

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

And I learned the display looks like a Dot Matrix Display but it's actually an LCD made to look like a Dot Matrix Display.

This is 100% wrong. You misheard what he said. It's LED, not LCD.

#4 9 years ago

That is interesting if Stern is saying they're going to make toppers for older games, might give some credence to the idea of a Tron VE or Whatever VE since currently there's no GOOD way for the aveage user to just plug and play a topper...make the new VE's with the hole in the head, etc..

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This is 100% wrong. You misheard what he said. It's LED, not LCD.

Thanks. Fixed. I did miss hear.

#6 9 years ago

Todd . . . Great guy !! Had a blast with him on the expo !

#7 9 years ago

Yes, he does seem the type that wouldn't leave you wanting, as far as an interesting conversation say over a beer or two.

#8 9 years ago

There is a hole on top of StarTrek LE backbox and would assume the Pro as well, would love a topper for my STLE.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

There is a hole on top of StarTrek LE backbox and would assume the Pro as well, would love a topper for my STLE.

Well Hazoff your probably going to be in luck. Stern already said their making a new Tron Topper accessory just like they did for TWD. Someone should check and see if the hole is there on the Tron units. If it is - there you go. Hole means new Topper option. Who wouldn't want an active ST Topper for the blinged out LE. Maybe Stern is holding off on releasing the new ST code update to coincide with an active topper offering like TWD has?

I bet if the old Tron pins don't have the hole for the new Tron Topper that Stern has been talking about than it will definitely be there if there is some secret upcoming new edition of Tron about to be released. You have to admit this rare grail LE is suddenly readily available lately.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Well Hazoff your probably going to be in luck. Stern already said their making a new Tron Topper accessory just like they did for TWD. Someone should check and see if the hole is there on the Tron units. If it is - there you go. Hole means new Topper option. Who wouldn't want an active ST Topper for the blinged out LE. Maybe Stern is holding off on releasing the new ST code update to coincide with an active topper offering like TWD has?
I bet if the old Tron pins don't have the hole for the new Tron Topper that Stern has been talking about than it will definitely be there if there is some secret upcoming new edition of Tron about to be released. You have to admit this rare grail LE is suddenly readily available lately.

This is some good detective work. I hope someone verifies this.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

You have to admit this rare grail LE is suddenly readily available lately.

I have noticed that and believe there is more to it than just a new Tron VE, anyway for me I'm only interested in a ST topper, never thought Tron was that great of a game.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Stern already said their making a new Tron Topper accessory just like they did for TWD.

Where did they say this?

#13 9 years ago

Stern didn't say they were going to make the Tron Topper specifically. Todd eluded to this in the video. My bad.

face.jpgface.jpg

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That is interesting if Stern is saying they're going to make toppers for older games.

On the Stern factory tour this year, while they were showing us the TWD topper, George Gomez said that all games dating back to TRON were outfitted with the ability to have a topper from Stern.
Whether they will or not wasn't mentioned.

#15 9 years ago

Todd is funny. I love his vids.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I'm glad he stopped throwing games off the roof.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

He does have some interesting content, but Todd hasn't yet proven to me he is someone I want to meet in person. His online presence isn't very flattering. I made a comment critiquing something on a machine I got from TNT and he blocked me completely without notifying me. I'm trying to explain myself, but he refuses to answer my emails and is actually now thumbs downing my pinside posts. What little messages he has decided to send me have been condescending.

#18 9 years ago

During the Stern tour, our group was told while standing in front of the Walking Dead with the topper that they would consider toppers for any of their past games that would support them. Someone asked about Tron and our guide smiled and said that was a possibility. He also suggested emailing them asking for what you would want. The toppers can be made (using same box and wiring) at a low production cost...yielding another item they can sell to keep things going there at Stern.
We were not allowed to film during the tour...only at the end (see Part One of Pinball Expo I posted).

#19 9 years ago

Pulled down by AMC.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Pulled down by AMC.

what do you mean?

#21 9 years ago

Todd had himself sort of green screened in actual show footage in a prison scene during the first 2 or 3 minutes of his video. Live and learn. Edit: Glad to see the video has been put back.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

what do you mean?

link dead...

#23 9 years ago

Todd looks like the "Maurie's wigs" guy from The movie Good Fellas.

#24 9 years ago

Todd is a very funny guy and also very nice. Love his videos.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Todd looks like the "Maurie's wigs" guy from The movie Good Fellas.

What a scene. I laugh every time I see it.......Henjry laughing at a guy getting strangled with a phone cord is too damn funny!

#26 9 years ago

I was able to email a very nice lady at the copyright office of AMC and she reviewed the my video and restored it back up on line (as you can see at the front of this thread). She realized it was part of a video that shows all the wonderful features of The Walking Dead Pinball Machine that is fully licensed!

#27 9 years ago

sucks when your videos get flagged huh? not like you ever did that to someone else someone else is crying about that over on facebook

#28 9 years ago

Maurie's wigs don't come off, even under water.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 8.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-video-16-minute-machine-tour-tnt-amuesments and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.