Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4907 (resized).JPG
IMG_4906 (resized).JPG
IMG_4903 (resized).JPG
IMG_4904 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I have been a lurker here for quite some time. I own only the TWDLE and have learned how to fix the magnets going out and the lights going crazy because of everyone on this forum. I really appreciate all the help. But my machine is having a problem that I can't find a fix for. My left prison door is no longer working. I pulled the glass and it seemed to be hitting the playing field so I lifted it and closed the door. Now it seems to do whatever it wants and is usually just staying open. Has anyone else had this issue?

I am pretty handy but really haven't done much to pinball machines, because this is the only one I own. Because of this trouble shooting is hard for me. I should have the skills to fix the issue but diagnosing the issue is difficult for me. Should I just hire a pro to fix it? Or do any of you have any ideas to help?

#2 6 years ago

If you feel comfortable lifting the playfield (take out all the balls first, and turn off the game), look at the mechanism for the doors. It'll be directly under the barn. There is a linkage there that commonly breaks. It's two pieces of metal welded together, and the weld always breaks.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for that info. I have no problem getting to the guts of the machine. I had to rewire it when my lights burned out the wiring. I lifted it again looking for the broken weld and I think I figured it out. The "plastic bits" were not lined up correctly. Instead of making an upside down "U" they made a sideways "Z". I thought I corrected the problem but the left door doesn't want to open or close all the way now. At least the game is playable this way though. Should I force the door open to see if that corrects the problem?

I think my pictures are in backwards order.

IMG_4904 (resized).JPGIMG_4904 (resized).JPG

IMG_4903 (resized).JPGIMG_4903 (resized).JPG

IMG_4906 (resized).JPGIMG_4906 (resized).JPG

IMG_4907 (resized).JPGIMG_4907 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-prison-doors-broke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.