Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150411_203327.jpg
20150315_124714.jpg
20150105_164058.jpg
20150406_161556.jpg
20150406_161500.jpg
#1 9 years ago

After getting pissed off every time I saw the slices in my play field from the bg ramp I talked w/ Cliff and came up w/ this protector. It sits nice and flush and it's pinned down by the posts. I have not noticed any interference w/ the ball. It looks so much better now.

20150406_161500.jpg20150406_161500.jpg
20150406_161556.jpg20150406_161556.jpg
20150105_164058.jpg20150105_164058.jpg

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

After getting pissed off every time I saw the slices in my play filed from the bg ramp I talked w/ Cliff and came up w/ this protector. It sits nice and flush and it's pinned down by the posts. I have not noticed any interference w/ the ball. It looks so much better now.

20150406_161500.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150406_161556.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150105_164058.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks pretty good mate, where do we get it?

#3 9 years ago

www.passionforpinball.com

I'm not sure if Cliff has them on the site yet but you can shoot him an e-mail to get one.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the help on this Ted! I dont have them on site yet (as with a great many others) but I'm sure folks will see this and know they can email me.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks for the help on this Ted! I dont have them on site yet (as with a great many others) but I'm sure folks will see this and know they can email me.

Hi Mr Cliffy, first off, happy birthday mate!
When you sober up/finish celebrating could you please let us know when these might be live to purchase and thru which supplier?
Many thanx, Jason
Or I could just read your post and email u direct...apologies.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

No prob. Just thrilled I have this on my twdle. I'm also glad you were able to work your magic on this.

#7 9 years ago

Email sent, many thanx

#8 9 years ago

This protector looks larger than it needs to be. Is there a reason it goes so far back?

#9 9 years ago

It is just over 2.5" deep. It was done this way to avoid it becoming a speed bump and the ball jumping. Makes the ball transition smoother. Hope this makes sense.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

This protector looks larger than it needs to be. Is there a reason it goes so far back?

This is VERY thin stainless so to avoid warping it needs material for support. You should see how long Ted originally wanted me to make it

and yes Fitzy they're moving out already and I got your email, thx

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

This is VERY thin stainless so to avoid warping it needs material for support. You should see how long Ted originally wanted me to make it
and yes Fitzy they're moving out already and I got your email, thx

This is true I wanted to run it all the way to the BG head (see below, also gives you an idea what Cliff had to deal w/ in this process) Cliff talked me out of it. And this protector is very thin. I still think it looks good and doesn't look to big and actually looks like it should have been there from the factory. It has also allowed me to mess w/ the the pads Stern sent w/ the fix kit and try to get the bottom of them ramp as flush as possible w/out worrying I am going to damage my pf more.

20150315_124714.jpg20150315_124714.jpg
#12 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

It has also allowed me to mess w/ the the pads Stern sent w/ the fix kit and try to get the bottom of them ramp as flush as possible w/out worrying I am going to damage my pf more.

I would think with the Cliffy installed, the foam pads could be removed; or is there some concern the ramp rivets (or whatever they are) may damage the Cliffy like they were doing to the playfield?

Mine's on the way and I was planning on removing the foam to allow the ramp to sit flush.

#13 9 years ago

I only have 2 pads on mine, they are attached at to the underside of the metal flap so pads are flush w/ plastic. I had already used a dremel to grind the plastic/rivets like others have done. Also I have messed/bent the entry metal flap to try to get it as flush as possible w/out it hitting the pf. I have attached a pic. I know it may not look like it but there is a gap between the ramp metal flap an pf still and I can say the ball is going up the ramp w/ much more ease.

20150411_203327.jpg20150411_203327.jpg
#14 9 years ago

Is it just me, or did you put it on backward? It looks like the narrower side would look better in front so it is a similar width to the ramp. Or am I just seeing things?

#15 9 years ago

No it's on right. If you flip it it would cover the arrow in front of the ramp and the wide part would not fit between the metal rails. Also if you look at the ramp it moves from left to right (or at least on my le it does) so to compensate for that we needed to have the width to cover that. You know I wish this was not needed and hope in the future Stern figures out something if they are going to have ramps like this. Something like an inset that's replaceable from underneath the pf? I dunno. Hopefully if you order it your happy w/ it. Again I'm glad Cliff was all ears on this and something came of it.

#16 9 years ago

Cool, thanks, I was just checking. Glad it was made, I asked cliff about this a few months ago but did not have a machine to work it out on. Glad you were able to step ip!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-prem-bg-ramp-cliffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.