20141203_180633 (1).jpg
20141203_180303 (1).jpg
20141203_180122 (1).jpg
20141203_175946 (1).jpg
20141203_175857 (1).jpg
20141203_175536 (1).jpg
20141203_175453 (1).jpg
20141203_175346 (1).jpg

There are 379 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Newb Question:
I have a FTS-8.
I will make my connection on the 5v molex side for this bicycle mod, yes?

fts8.jpg 52 KB

I have that same splitter and I didn't think there was a difference between any of them, oops I would like to know the answer to this as well.

#202 9 years ago

I suspect it depends on how the pins are physically set in the molex connector so it doesn't matter on the 12v side. But it appears the FTS-8 has separate 5v and 12v outputs. So you wouldn't want to plug something that needs 12v into the 5v side? Someone will straighten us out. And maybe direct me to a thread for a crash course in recent Stern pinball coin box power tapping 101? I always wondered at what point how many LED this and that's will become too much.

The only other thing I have plugged into the power connection just inside the coin door at this time is the Mezel Mod rear ramp LED Illumination strip. I have a couple of dual spotlights for above the flippers to light up the dark center playfield and a couple short LED strip lights I bought all together as a kit from pinball bulbs during Black Friday. I intend to maybe install all that other stuff later if I learn more about the electrical load required. Ultimately I need to find out if the bicycle girl mod and all that other stuff will be ok to run off just the power connection from inside the coin door? But for now, definitely the Awesome Bicycle Girl Mod!

Sorry Nody not wanting to wander off topic on your excellent thread here.

#203 9 years ago

I just installed this.

Wow! I had no idea what I was missing. Its like a whole new area of the game was just added.

Highly recommended!

#204 9 years ago

no problems with the board all of them have 5 and 12 volts, depending on how it's wired in the plug, it's 12 or 5 volts.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

no problems with the board all of them have 5 and 12 volts, depending on how it's wired in the plug, it's 12 or 5 volts.

Can you please explain this further. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff and I want to make sure I have my mods hooked up right.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Thank you for the clarification Beatmaster.

@ Quartergrabber: I'm a newb so take what I say with a grain of salt. TWLE is my first pin. Here is what I understand. Someone will correct me I hope if I'm wrong.

You can plug any of your mods into any port on the board like you have done. If you look at the wires going into each molex connector it depends on where the wires are spaced in each connection as to what they need to pull 5v or 12v. My bicycle mod has the 2 wires spaced right next to each other and I believe that pulls 5v. I'm guessing if a molex connector has the wires space on the ends with the middle empty that is pulling 12v. (I think, maybe)

So if what Beatmaster is saying is true it doesn't matter what you plug your molex connectors into on the board as they will pull the proper voltage each connection needs dependent on how the wired pins are spaced in each connector. The board confuses me because it has the 2 LED green lights one labeled for 5v and the other 12v. You would think by looking at it the top row is 5v and bottom 12v. Reading on dkpinballs sight didn't help me. If you want to really find out instead of taking a newb's word you should PM: dkpinball. (then let me know too)

So you only need to worry about your pinballbulbs light kit with the 2 LED strips and all your other electrical mods as a total not exceeding the total voltage capacity of the coin door power connection you tapped into. Don't ask me, that's another thing I've tried to search the answer to. I'm under the impression its like 2.? amps. You should probably start a thread in the tech section to pursue that so we can leave Nody's thread alone. But hey, these posts did count for bumps!

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Thank you for the clarification Beatmaster.
@ Quartergrabber: I'm a newb so take what I say with a grain of salt. TWLE is my first pin. Here is what I understand. Someone will correct me I hope if I'm wrong.
You can plug any of your mods into any port on the board like you have done. If you look at the wires going into each molex connector it depends on where the wires are spaced in each connection as to what they need to pull 5v or 12v. My bicycle mod has the 2 wires spaced right next to each other and I believe that pulls 5v. I'm guessing if a molex connector has the wires space on the ends with the middle empty that is pulling 12v. (I think, maybe)
So if what Beatmaster is saying is true it doesn't matter what you plug your molex connectors into on the board as they will pull the proper voltage each connection needs dependent on how the wired pins are spaced in each connector. The board confuses me because it has the 2 LED green lights one labeled for 5v and the other 12v. You would think by looking at it the top row is 5v and bottom 12v. Reading on dkpinballs sight didn't help me. If you want to really find out instead of taking a newb's word you should PM: dkpinball. (then let me know too)
So you only need to worry about your pinballbulbs light kit with the 2 LED strips and all your other electrical mods as a total not exceeding the total voltage capacity of the coin door power connection you tapped into. Don't ask me, that's another thing I've tried to search the answer to. I'm under the impression its like 2.? amps. You should probably start a thread in the tech section to pursue that so we can leave Nody's thread alone. But hey, these posts did count for bumps!

Thanks for the clarification. Phew, so I'm safe the way I have it. You're one smart newb.

#208 9 years ago

wire in the middle is 5 volts

this will give you an idea.

stucah.jpgstucah.jpg
#209 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

wire in the middle is 5 volts
this will give you an idea.
stucah.jpg 14 KB

Thanks again, you rock dude!

#210 9 years ago

Bicycle Girl is Lit ! Highly recommended mod. The kit is complete and instructions are easy to follow. Nice job !

#211 9 years ago

I finally installed my bicycle girl mod, everyone was right on the money. It looks and plays like it should have come from the factory this way. Great job Nody and thank you for the best TWDLE Mod ever! You made the TWDLE play that much better.

#212 9 years ago

Ditto that for Nody, finally had time to drop mine in! Great job man, looks awesome!

Must have mod.

#213 9 years ago

I'm getting the 3 pulses of white when I start the game but nothing is happening during the mode itself, anyone had this? I followed the video closely and can't figure it out?

#214 9 years ago

Just installed this last night. Great "must have" mod.

Hazoff : Works as intended on mine. Sometimes activates (color changing) during prison zombie hits as well. Any chance the wires are reversed? Not sure if it would work if they were. The BG lights up upon game power up , goes off when you start a game. Lights up when BG is available to start, and pulses correctly when BG is hit.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm getting the 3 pulses of white when I start the game but nothing is happening during the mode itself, anyone had this? I followed the video closely and can't figure it out?

That sucks, as it's amazing when it's working.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the connection on the small molex isn't on right? That's the one that's kind of tricky.
I mean there are only two connections. So it's one or the other or you somehow got a dud?

Of all the mods I've got on mine this and PDI glass are the only ones that I think are must haves.

#216 9 years ago

Nody sent me a method to test the mod and it seems to work fine, also in attract mode if you activcate the BG zombie switch the lights go red and fade as they should, problem only exists during the mode itself. I'm not to worried as I know Nody will help me or send a replacement. It seems very strange, but so am I.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just installed mine. I get something similar. Three pulses on power up and nothing when bicycle mode is ready to start or is running. However, during BG mode, when I smash her, I get the red LED then fade to white then nothing until I smash her again.

If I cycle power via the molex with the machine on, I get the three flashes same as when the machine powers up.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from txx3ddq442:

Just installed mine. I get something similar. Three pulses on power up and nothing when bicycle mode is ready to start or is running. However, during BG mode, when I smash her, I get the red LED then fade to white then nothing until I smash her again.
If I cycle power via the molex with the machine on, I get the three flashes same as when the machine powers up.

Has to be in the mod itself. I've contacted Nody suggest you do the same.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Has to be in the mod itself. I've contacted Nody suggest you do the same.

Installation error on my part. I had the black clip-on on the unused pin. It's not clear from the photo but the caption says to clip it to the middle one.

Working now.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from txx3ddq442:

Installation error on my part. I had the black clip-on on the unused pin. It's not clear from the photo but the caption says to clip it to the middle one.
Working now.

So its the middle one right?

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

So its the middle one right?

Yes, and make sure you keep the plunger pushed until the molex is pushed back into place then release.

#222 9 years ago

See I think its something with that but I always had it on the middle one and it always works in attract mode. Maybe once the games starts its becomes loose, I don't know? I know I have the plunger pushed back enough for the molex connector but it could be just not enough contact. I actually just had a game where it worked for the first time but then went out and didn't come on the next BG mode. Why? Too late to continue for me tonight.

#223 9 years ago

I finally installed the mod tonight. Unfortunately, the white light is on all the time. Everything else works as it should. Did I install it wrong, or is it a faulty mod?

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I finally installed the mod tonight. Unfortunately, the white light is on all the time. Everything else works as it should. Did I install it wrong, or is it a faulty mod?

Mine does the same thing and seller sent me a new one and it does the same thing as the first,I have mine connected correctly but wish it worked as it should,I understand it will not harm anything to have the light on during game play,the light turns off when the ball drains

#225 9 years ago

Hmm, did you guys try switching the black and red connectors? Could it be that because the wires aren't color coded they got switched?

I'm just throwing ideas out, please don't blow up your games doing anything I suggest. I just know when this mod works as it should, it's amazing.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mine works as intended and i was one of the early orders that had to be sent back for fuse etc. Just making a note here in case in helps diagnose something.

Is it possible being on the wrong side of the diode could cause this?

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Hmm, did you guys try switching the black and red connectors? Could it be that because the wires aren't color coded they got switched?

The red light fires like it is supposed to when the BG switch is activated. This leads me to believe that the correct wire must be hooked up to the diode. When exactly is the white light supposed to turn on and off, and what triggers it? When does the middle pin on the molex connector get a signal?

#228 9 years ago

Problem solved!

I had the black connector hooked up to the wrong board. Several of the boards under the playfield are exactly the same. It's working perfectly now. Awesome mod!

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Problem solved!
I had the black connector hooked up to the wrong board. Several of the boards under the playfield are exactly the same. It's working perfectly now. Awesome mod!

I almost did the same thing

#230 9 years ago

Ok mine is fixed now also I also has it on the wrong board,killer mod

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Problem solved!

Way to go Brian, wrong board! Yeah a great mod.

#232 9 years ago

I really like the mod, but the white light is very bright.

I covered mine with tape to cut the brightness, but I'm going to try covering it with a colored lens to give it a different look. I think I'll try green first.

Wondering if anyone else thinks this, or has tried something similar?

#233 9 years ago

Still waiting to order. For those on the waiting list can op/seller give an estimate of how many people are waiting and what the time frame looks like. Awesome mod just can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks, Mike

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I really like the mod, but the white light is very bright.
I covered mine with tape to cut the brightness, but I'm going to try covering it with a colored lens to give it a different look. I think I'll try green first.
Wondering if anyone else thinks this, or has tried something similar?

To be honest, I was worried that it would be too bright. Now that I have it installed, though, I think it looks great. To me, this is the absolute best kind of mod. It perfectly integrates with the game, and once installed, it is so unobtrusive that you don't even know it's there unless you are looking for it. Two big thumbs up for Don!

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

To be honest, I was worried that it would be too bright. Now that I have it installed, though, I think it looks great. To me, this is the absolute best kind of mod. It perfectly integrates with the game, and once installed, it is so unobtrusive that you don't even know it's there unless you are looking for it. Two big thumbs up for Don!

Yeah agreed. I personally don't think it's too bright. I like that it picks up the detail in the sculpt really well.

#236 9 years ago

I’m glad everyone is liking it.

I’m about ¾ of the way through my list having already sent those out. As I get them completed (10 at a time) I notify the next group people on the list. I've had to start turning new orders down for the moment as I am just too overwhelmed with working on these and keeping up with work/family life. DON’T WORRY! If I have responded to you with a message saying you are on the list, then you will still be getting yours. I’m working on them as fast as I can, hopefully I will have them all completed in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you everyone for your patience!

#237 9 years ago

Yessss!!!! Got my notification today and paid. Can't wait. Thanks again for producing this mod!

#238 9 years ago

I sent Nody a PM but figured maybe you guys know something, I received a replacement mod today as the first one was acting up but it turns out that when I plug it in directly to the 12v on the game it works perfect, as soon as I split it, it goes back to not functioning properly or at all? Why would a splitter cause this? Please let me know what you guys think, would the board from pinball life help? I have lit buttons, speaker lights and the mezel ramp illumination, all working via the splitters but not this. Strange any advice is appreciated. Thanks

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

I’m about ¾ of the way through my list

strange.... I was post #33 and haven't heard a peep yet.
Hrmm.....

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I sent Nody a PM but figured maybe you guys know something, I received a replacement mod today as the first one was acting up but it turns out that when I plug it in directly to the 12v on the game it works perfect, as soon as I split it, it goes back to not functioning properly or at all? Why would a splitter cause this? Please let me know what you guys think, would the board from pinball life help? I have lit buttons, speaker lights and the mezel ramp illumination, all working via the splitters but not this. Strange any advice is appreciated. Thanks

For what it's worth, my BG light is hooked up to a FTS-8 splitter, and it's working fine. I also have illuminated flipper buttons and speaker lights hooked up to the same board.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

strange.... I was post #33 and haven't heard a peep yet.
Hrmm.....

Yes you are still on the list. I got a flood of requests all at the same time, I put everyone in the order of day and time, so there are a bunch that are minutes between request. It shouldn't be too much longer.

#242 9 years ago

I was post #24 and haven't heard a peep yet also.

#243 9 years ago

Finally installed mine today. Awesome mod!

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For what it's worth, my BG light is hooked up to a FTS-8 splitter, and it's working fine. I also have illuminated flipper buttons and speaker lights hooked up to the same board.

I found out its only the speaker lights that are causing an issue, all the other mods work fine. ?

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I found out its only the speaker lights that are causing an issue, all the other mods work fine. ?

So when you unplug the speaker lights, the BG mod works fine?

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So when you unplug the speaker lights, the BG mod works fine?

Yeah. I don't understand that. Maybe when I get the FTS-8 splitter board it will solve this but for now its not working with splitters, and I can use any combination but as soon as the speaker lights are plugged in, nothing. Strange

#247 9 years ago

Hey nodyeliab,

I have installed the kit and love it.

Quick question that many may find useful. I assume I can switch the Red and Black leads? Thus making the Red LED the primary light and the N/C as the flash and fade LED.

Reason I'm looking to switch is because I have changed out all my White LED's to Orange so my machine is now darker overall so the red would look better with the red LED.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

chris

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey nodyeliab,
I have installed the kit and love it.
Quick question that many may find useful. I assume I can switch the Red and Black leads? Thus making the Red LED the primary light and the N/C as the flash and fade LED.
Reason I'm looking to switch is because I have changed out all my White LED's to Orange so my machine is now darker overall so the red would look better with the red LED.
Sorry if this has already been covered.
chris

I'm not sure what would happen long term. I don't recommend doing it. The way it's designed is to only have the white on constant when the mod is ready and then temporarily flash the red on.

What I would do, is take a piece of clear tape and color it orange with a sharpie, then place that over the white led. This way it would still work and match to the rest of your orange lights.

#249 9 years ago

Just one of those must have mods.

Thanks

#250 9 years ago

Strange is when You receive a PM from nodyeliab 5 days after You send him a PM saying you want one and receive this:

"Thank you, I'm currently not taking any more orders at this time. I will
notify you when I start taking them again."

Most will say that is proper way to handle... as a biz man I totally disagree. I never turn biz away.

I would've said I won't take Your $$$ right now but will contact You in approximately (# of Days) when I get caught up. In other words give an approx. date You might get it and underpromise and over deliver.

So I went the other possible route and contacted BR and got one of his. Not near as good but at least I know I'm getting something to shed some light on the problem area! And easier to install so I can't screw anything up!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 379 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-bicycle-girl-light/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.