Topic Stats

• 370 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Gnassel
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160409_105826_(resized).jpg
stucah.jpg
fts8.jpg
Anti-static wrist strap.jpg
20141203_181332 (1).jpg
20141203_180824 (1).jpg
20141203_180633 (1).jpg
20141203_180303 (1).jpg
20141203_180122 (1).jpg
20141203_175946 (1).jpg
20141203_175857 (1).jpg
20141203_175536 (1).jpg
20141203_175453 (1).jpg
20141203_175346 (1).jpg
20141203_175037 (1).jpg
20141203_174805 (1).jpg

There are 370 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Please let us know when you have a few in stock and how to order.
Or if you prefer to build to order I'm good with that as well.
Cheers, Fitzy

You bet. I'm sending them out as I build them in the order of request. It is getting faster, now that I have a process down

#152 4 years ago

Put me down for one I want to buy it for my buddy for Xmas

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Put me down for one I want to buy it for my buddy for Xmas

Looking for another friend?

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great Video Leechman, except you didn't turn off your pin while installing

Lol Ice! Ya I tried first with the power off but video was much harder to see what was going on. So I sacrificed the safety of me and my machine for better video for you!

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

You bet. I'm sending them out as I build them in the order of request. It is getting faster, now that I have a process down

Brilliant, then please put me down for one.
Whenever you get to it is fine with the holidays coming up and all.
Many thanks.

#156 4 years ago

Mine should be arriving today. Can't wait to get this mod installed!

#157 4 years ago

Install note: If the either light, red or white, stay on the whole time with no interaction, please unplug it from the power and message me, as the microcontroller can get hot (it's in the blue case). These processors are sensitive to static and it can cause it to short out, so please ground yourself to discharge any static before installing.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

These processors are sensitive to static and it can cause it to short out, so please ground yourself to discharge any static before installing.

People should ALWAYS discharge static before doing any electrical work, but since these are so sensitive to static, you should probably switch to shielded wires. Speaker cables are NOT sufficient.

Mod looks great, just trying to improve the design.

#159 4 years ago

I'm going to halt on building anymore until I can get this issue resolved. I feel it's in the best interest. I will keep you posted.

Thanks

#160 4 years ago

Do what you have to do. I'm in no rush. All good things...

#161 4 years ago

I am super stoked for this mod and hate that he has this issue now. Thanks for doing this whichever way you decide to go. Or not.

#162 4 years ago

So turn off the pin, unplug it and touch the metal armor to ground yourself to discharge any static.

I read one tip to avoid generating any static, work NAKED!

I wonder if holding a beer can while installing would help as well

#163 4 years ago

Can static be a problem even after the mod is installed? Isn't static what was taking out a lot of the light boards in WOZ?

#164 4 years ago
#165 4 years ago

With any electronics with micro controllers there is a static risk. I'm just trying to see if there is something I can do to mitigate this a bit.

#166 4 years ago

How did you diagnose this problem? Did one of the early ones you built have the lights lock on?

#167 4 years ago

I had the same problem when I installed Hooked's lightening bolt mod on Ac/dc and I think I just mangled up the original install myself, second time around I was much more careful and now working beautifully after many games.

Just gonna be as careful as possible here myself. Should get and install mañana.

I think Nody said he had one person experience one of the lights staying on constantly. I'm gonna call user install error on that one unless he reports its happened multiple times!

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How did you diagnose this problem? Did one of the early ones you built have the lights lock on?

Yes one person reported that the red lights are stuck on, which is not good and it needs to be unplugged. This can happen is if the controller is hit with static.

#169 4 years ago

As long as it's safe, I guess I have no problem installing it and putting it through its paces. I just worry when I hear things such as "the microcontroller can get hot". What are other people doing?

#170 4 years ago

I was offered a refund but want to know if we can send them back for retrofitting

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I had the same problem when I installed Hooked's lightening bolt mod on Ac/dc and I think I just mangled up the original install myself, second time around I was much more careful and now working beautifully after many games.
Just gonna be as careful as possible here myself. Should get and install mañana.
I think Nody said he had one person experience one of the lights staying on constantly. I'm gonna call user install error on that one unless he reports its happened multiple times!

I was the one who notified Nody of my lights staying red the whole time. I was very careful in installing the mod and the video instructions were perfect. However, I didn't do it naked while installing the mod because it would have freaked my pin out. See what I did there!

The mod worked perfectly after install (stayed white before turning to red), but it acted up shortly before I pressed the start button. Turned off the pin and checked the connections, still nothing. PMed Nody and told him about the problem, but went to bed before I was able to get the response back. He was nice enough to respond and even left me his number to call him, so I have no problem with the way he handles things. Even offered me a refund, but I know he worked hard on these things and I'm sure it was a pain in the a** to make these things. If my lights stays red the whole time and it doesn't hurt the electronics on the pin, then I'm just going to leave it like it is. If there is future problems with other ones shorting out, then I know there was a problem and I know the issue will be resolved.

On a side note. After closely examining the pin, just noticed the scratch mark on the playfield from the slamming of the ramp, as well as the chipping around the base of the well walker. Mine got so bad I found small chips from the base on the playfield. After reading other pinsiders threads, going to try to fix this problem, but I don't see how it should be doing this already on such low plays. I love the pin, just kinda down on the quality control at this point. Rant off.

#172 4 years ago

Mine should arrive this week but I'm going to hold off installing till I know its 100%, or refund. I have a led strip coming from Comet this week as well so one way or another she gets illuminated, don't really mind seeing BG all the time to be honest. If its flawed and ends up not working still appreciate the effort, Thanks Nody.

#173 4 years ago

Oh, I really only have the game on for an hour max at a time and usually not even that. Is this a concern more for operators or guys who have their pins on all day, or will a few games be a problem? Thanks again

#174 4 years ago

Thanks for all the effort Nody, I'm installing mine today and I'll keep you guys posted.

I've got several other mods to load in so I'll have some fun tonight after the Sons of Anarchy finale.

#175 4 years ago

To make sure everything is working, I test these multiple times before I package them. First I build the electronics, and I test them in my machine. Then I seal them in the enclosure, and I reconnect them to my machine and test them again prior to shipping. At this point I’m not sure exactly what went wrong with Indypin’s mod, but I’m working with him to make it right.

#176 4 years ago

In the past, I've used anti-static wrist straps when working on computers. Would these be helpful for this situation?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899261005

Anti-static wrist strap.jpg

#177 4 years ago

I would like to order one. OK to ship to Australia? Thanks.

#178 4 years ago

Ok, I'm back on track. I have tested putting a fuse in line with the power. It should now blow before it gets hot.

I have also updated the firmware so when you turn the machine on, it will pause 3 seconds, then flash the white led 3 times to indicate that it is ready.

So now I'm just waiting for more parts to come in.

Thanks!

#179 4 years ago

Nice I m still in .

#180 4 years ago

Is there a way we can add these modifications to one we've already received?

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Zadom:

Is there a way we can add these modifications to one we've already received?

If you like, you can add the fuse, that is pretty simple, but the firmware I would have to do.

#182 4 years ago

Way to go making these a little better for us. Seriously, thanks very much.

#183 4 years ago

I'm just waiting on fuses now (Monday they should be here) to finish up what I have done, and led's to come in to keep build more.

#184 4 years ago

Thanks Nody, just sent mine back to you for update!

#185 4 years ago

I was in NY mailing my unopened package back tomorrow morning. Just re send when ready. All good !

#186 4 years ago

Great idea for a necessary mod! I'm going to look into building one with full spike/surge protection built-in. Fuses are not the best answer.

#187 4 years ago

Not sure if you want to sell a ton of these, but now that there are TWD Premiums you could end up with a lot more orders on your hands

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Great idea for a necessary mod! I'm going to look into building one with full spike/surge protection built-in. Fuses are not the best answer.

I thought a fuse provides protection for the entire circuit. What are you proposing using, a "flux capacitor?" You'll have to excuse me I'm a little daft on electrical concepts.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I thought a fuse provides protection for the entire circuit. What are you proposing using, a "flux capacitor?" You'll have to excuse me I'm a little daft on electrical concepts.

Why yes, it requires 1.1 gigawatts!

The fuse won't protect it from ESD, the fuse is just in case something freakish happens. I put tubing and heat shrink on spots I felt could possibly wear through from rubbing or pulling the wire through. The edges on the metal are really really sharp! If anything happens to short out, the fuse will blow and the MCU won't smoke out.

A little over protective... maybe, but that's just me.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Why yes, it requires 1.1 gigawatts!
The fuse won't protect it from ESD, the fuse is just in case something freakish happens. I put tubing and heat shrink on spots I felt could possibly wear through from rubbing or pulling the wire through. The edges on the metal are really really sharp! If anything happens to short out, the fuse will blow and the MCU won't smoke out.
A little over protective... maybe, but that's just me.

That's why I still have faith in your product and sent back mine on Sat. Can't wait to see it work in person!

#191 4 years ago

Got mine in the mail today. Sent mine back in the mail today can't wait to get the new version that is on its way to me.

1 week later
#192 4 years ago

How are we going with these nodyeliab?
Any news.....

#193 4 years ago

Got my updated version back and will install when i get back next week!

Many mods to install, fun times

#194 4 years ago

Got mine on Christmas Eve. Will install when I get a break from the Holiday doings. Family first!

#195 4 years ago

Fellas, I got the new version back and put it in the pin. It works FANTASTIC and really adds to the BG shot and pin. It's like playing a new game. GREAT job Nody and highly recommended. Stern should have put this in the pin in the first place, it's that good! I have to rank this up there with one of the best pinball mods I have ever bought.

#196 4 years ago

ya waiting on a email so i can order one of these

#197 4 years ago

Thank you everyone for the nice words. I was waiting on the leds to come in before I could build more, I got the leds this past weekend so I'm actively building again.

I would like to give a BIG thanks to Chris at Cointakers, he really pulled through for me on the leds! Thank you Chris!!!

Don't worry, if you have contacted me and I replied to you, you are still on the list and will be getting one. I'm building them as fast as I can

For people who live in other countries (except Canada) I'm checking on shipping. But I've checked for one person in New Zealand an it was $45 but I'm checking on all other counties to see if the shipping is different.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Thank you everyone for the nice words. I was waiting on the leds to come in before I could build more, I got the leds this past weekend so I'm actively building again.
I would like to give a BIG thanks to Chris at Cointakers, he really pulled through for me on the leds! Thank you Chris!!!
Don't worry, if you have contacted me and I replied to you, you are still on the list and will be getting one. I'm building them as fast as I can
For people who live in other countries (except Canada) I'm checking on shipping. But I've checked for one person in New Zealand an it was $45 but I'm checking on all other counties to see if the shipping is different.

Priority would be about $45 but sending it first class mail international will be a lot less.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Priority would be about $45 but sending it first class mail international will be a lot less.

Thanks for the info, I'll check into first class for these.

#200 4 years ago

Newb Question:

I have a FTS-8.
I will make my connection on the 5v molex side for this bicycle mod, yes?

fts8.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 370 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside