Install note: If the either light, red or white, stay on the whole time with no interaction, please unplug it from the power and message me, as the microcontroller can get hot (it's in the blue case). These processors are sensitive to static and it can cause it to short out, so please ground yourself to discharge any static before installing.
I added a light to bicycle girl this morning. It looks much better. Right now I have it temporarily hooked up to one of the GI lights. It's only the beginning though. Next I will be adding a red led just under the white one. I will then program a micro to trigger the white only when the mode starts, then during that mode, if you hit the head, I will turn off the white and then light the red led for a short duration, then fade it back to white, simulating blood splat. It shouldn't take me long to finish it, hopefully by the end of the week depending on my schedule.
I have added installation instructions.
(Under the playfield)
1) Make sure your machine is turned off during installation!
2) Zip tie the blue module and wires as shown in the image below.
3) Connect the red hook connector as shown in the image below. This goes on the banded side (right side).
4) Connect the black hook connector. Remove the molex, then put the connector on the middle post, do not release it yet. Then while holding the hook connector open, put the molex back on. Then release the black hook connector. This will allow the molex to make good connection again. See image below.
5) Connect the power molex to the AUX power connector next to the coin box. See image below.
6) Put the LED tower through the hole next to the bicycle girl coil. Make sure to put it on the right side of the group of wires. See image below.
(Top of playfield)
1) Pull all the LED wire through the hole.
2) Take the fishing wire and make a small curve at one end.
3) Push the wire around the back of the plunger. Once it hits the other side, keep pushing it through. The curve of the wire should allow it to follow the metal and through to the other side. Make sure there is enough still left on the other end for step 4.
4) Wrap the LED tower with the other end of the fishing wire. Do not wrap it too hard, just snug.
5) Pull the LED through to the other side. Make sure you push the other side while pulling it through. This will give it extra slack and makes it much easier. Pull the led all the way through.
6) Remove the fishing wire from the LED.
7) Unscrew and remove the left post.
Zip tie the LED tower to the post as shown below. Make sure the 'zip piece' is on the left side so it does not stick out on the lane side.
9) Put the post back and screw it in place. You can adjust the led's so they face toward the bicycle girl head.
11) Power up your machine. The white led should be on in attract mode and go out when the game starts. You can manually lift the ramp and push on the head to make sure the red leds turn on.