Topic Stats

• 370 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Gnassel
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160409_105826_(resized).jpg
stucah.jpg
fts8.jpg
Anti-static wrist strap.jpg
20141203_181332 (1).jpg
20141203_180824 (1).jpg
20141203_180633 (1).jpg
20141203_180303 (1).jpg
20141203_180122 (1).jpg
20141203_175946 (1).jpg
20141203_175857 (1).jpg
20141203_175536 (1).jpg
20141203_175453 (1).jpg
20141203_175346 (1).jpg
20141203_175037 (1).jpg
20141203_174805 (1).jpg

There are 370 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 4 years ago

Install note: If the either light, red or white, stay on the whole time with no interaction, please unplug it from the power and message me, as the microcontroller can get hot (it's in the blue case). These processors are sensitive to static and it can cause it to short out, so please ground yourself to discharge any static before installing.

I added a light to bicycle girl this morning. It looks much better. Right now I have it temporarily hooked up to one of the GI lights. It's only the beginning though. Next I will be adding a red led just under the white one. I will then program a micro to trigger the white only when the mode starts, then during that mode, if you hit the head, I will turn off the white and then light the red led for a short duration, then fade it back to white, simulating blood splat. It shouldn't take me long to finish it, hopefully by the end of the week depending on my schedule.

20141108_075612.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3JPrbS6Q4Mk?autoplay=1&rel=0

I have added installation instructions.

(Under the playfield)

1) Make sure your machine is turned off during installation!

2) Zip tie the blue module and wires as shown in the image below.
20141203_174656 (1).jpg

3) Connect the red hook connector as shown in the image below. This goes on the banded side (right side).
20141203_174519 (1).jpg

4) Connect the black hook connector. Remove the molex, then put the connector on the middle post, do not release it yet. Then while holding the hook connector open, put the molex back on. Then release the black hook connector. This will allow the molex to make good connection again. See image below.
20141203_174624 (1).jpg

5) Connect the power molex to the AUX power connector next to the coin box. See image below.
20141203_174805 (1).jpg

6) Put the LED tower through the hole next to the bicycle girl coil. Make sure to put it on the right side of the group of wires. See image below.
20141203_175037 (1).jpg

(Top of playfield)

1) Pull all the LED wire through the hole.
20141203_175346 (1).jpg

2) Take the fishing wire and make a small curve at one end.
20141203_175453 (1).jpg

3) Push the wire around the back of the plunger. Once it hits the other side, keep pushing it through. The curve of the wire should allow it to follow the metal and through to the other side. Make sure there is enough still left on the other end for step 4.
20141203_175536 (1).jpg

4) Wrap the LED tower with the other end of the fishing wire. Do not wrap it too hard, just snug.
20141203_175857 (1).jpg

5) Pull the LED through to the other side. Make sure you push the other side while pulling it through. This will give it extra slack and makes it much easier. Pull the led all the way through.
20141203_175946 (1).jpg

6) Remove the fishing wire from the LED.
20141203_175857 (1)-691.jpg

7) Unscrew and remove the left post.
20141203_180302 (1).jpg

Zip tie the LED tower to the post as shown below. Make sure the 'zip piece' is on the left side so it does not stick out on the lane side.
20141203_180633 (1).jpg

9) Put the post back and screw it in place. You can adjust the led's so they face toward the bicycle girl head.
20141203_180824 (1).jpg

11) Power up your machine. The white led should be on in attract mode and go out when the game starts. You can manually lift the ramp and push on the head to make sure the red leds turn on.

12) Done!

#2 4 years ago

Looks good. Like to see a video when completed.

#3 4 years ago

That's a great idea of having a red light simulate blood splattering from being hit. Can't wait to see this one.

#4 4 years ago

Wow, that's very well done. Make one for me too

#5 4 years ago

Update: I have finished coding and have installed the mod, and it works great! I will have video of it shortly. It only lights during the mode and when she gets hit with that ball, the white turns off and the red lights up then fades as the white comes back up. There are only 4 connections and no soldering.

I will have another update soon!

#6 4 years ago

Excellent idea! Hope you can provide us instructions in the near future.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Update: I have finished coding and have installed the mod, and it works great! I will have video of it shortly. It only lights during the mode and when she gets hit with that ball, the white turns off and the red lights up then fades as the white comes back up. There are only 4 connections and no soldering.
I will have another update soon!

Sounds sweet. Get that video up stat!

I don't even own a TWD, let alone the LE, but I'm all in favor of mods that are truly interactive. Color changing with a fade? Yes please.

#8 4 years ago

Now this is a REAL mod, bravo to your ingenuity!!

#9 4 years ago

I changed the led's so they are now stacked on top of each other, it's a very compact "tower". I have one white led, with two red ones below it. I will have a good picture of that tomorrow.

The girl is lighted during attract mode and then goes dark when you start the game. The lighting works only when the mode is running, then goes dark when the mode ends.

Here is the link of the video, pardon the bad shots on the ramp, it was hard to film and shoot, I used my hands after that to hit the girl.

Let me know what you think! I plan on making these to sell if there is enough interest.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Now this is a REAL mod, bravo to your ingenuity!!

Thanks! I thought she needed to have some blood effects to go with the rest of the game

#11 4 years ago

Looks great man

#12 4 years ago

Wow, I just ordered the Pinball Refinery one earlier today, but I LOVE how the red fades.

Along with the sound effects, it really feels like you're bashing a walker.

#13 4 years ago

Wow, looks great. I do have to admit, it is a bit cooler then the refinery one. But both are good.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Wow, I just ordered the Pinball Refinery one earlier today, but I LOVE how the red fades.

Me too, might have to buy a second version of this mod.

Would there be a way to light her only when the ramp is up? I would like to see her light up only when active and her music playing.

#15 4 years ago

This is how it should have come from the factory.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Me too, might have to buy a second version of this mod.
Would there be a way to light her only when the ramp is up? I would like to see her light up only when active and her music playing.

It looks like the light that shines on her isn't on all the time on this mod. It seems to be tied into the blue LED above the ramp that let's you know the mode is ready to start. I don't mind that, it only lights up when the mode is ready to start.

#17 4 years ago

That is just too cool. Well done. If I owned this machine, this would be a must have.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It looks like the light that shines on her isn't on all the time on this mod. It seems to be tied into the blue LED above the ramp that let's you know the mode is ready to start. I don't mind that, it only lights up when the mode is ready to start.

Correct, she only lights when the blue is flashing, for me I thought it really lets you know the mode is ready seeing her lit up along with the flashing blue.

#19 4 years ago

Looks sweet man. The red hitting and fading away is a cool effect.

#21 4 years ago

Its perfect. I want it.

#22 4 years ago

I'd buy one. Looks awesome.

#23 4 years ago

I'll buy one, looks fantastic

#24 4 years ago

Waiting to purchase

#25 4 years ago

That's awesome. Great job!

#26 4 years ago

I'm in too, looks great!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Let me know what you think! I plan on making these to sell if there is enough interest.

I don't think lack of interest will be a problem. Your mod is fantastic!

#28 4 years ago

I'm in

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

I changed the led's so they are now stacked on top of each other, it's a very compact "tower". I have one white led, with two red ones below it. I will have a good picture of that tomorrow.
The girl is lighted during attract mode and then goes dark when you start the game. The lighting works only when the mode is running, then goes dark when the mode ends.
Here is the link of the video, pardon the bad shots on the ramp, it was hard to film and shoot, I used my hands after that to hit the girl.
» YouTube video

You know it's talented people like yourself that make us "normals" appear dumber than we are...
Joking aside, I'd pay cash money for this, looks great!
Cheers, Fitzy

#32 4 years ago

Awesome! I'm in for one. Plan to own one down the road.

#33 4 years ago

oh hell yeah!
I'm in - put me on the list.

#34 4 years ago

Thank you everyone for the great comments!

It looks like there is a lot of interest in this mod. So I’m happy to say I will making them for whoever wants one!

I’m in the process of sourcing the parts. I’m also trying to see if I can produce these with no circuit board to keep the cost down. I’m not sure what the cost will be at this point, but I should have a better idea once I source the pieces to order and the time it takes to build one.

Sorry if I have not responded to all the PM’s yet, I will be getting back to each person.

#35 4 years ago

Wow. Badass.

#36 4 years ago

Nicely done. I think you have a winner.

#37 4 years ago

I'm in.

#38 4 years ago

Great looking mod. I would like one.

#39 4 years ago

Awesome! I don't have a TWDLE but this would be great on my pinbot to light up the Solar Value standup target.

#40 4 years ago

Using a zip tie to secure the LEDs to the post like that was very smart. It makes the mod almost disappear.

#41 4 years ago

Must have

#42 4 years ago

If there ever was a MUST HAVE mod for a TWDLE... this is the one. WOW. It looks as if the game should have come with this from the factory. Well done!!!

#43 4 years ago

PM sent. Looks great and I love the interaction.

#44 4 years ago

I haven't even played WD yet, but somebody on the PinBot owners group pointed out that this would work really well on the under-ramp shot on that game too. It would depend on $$ but I'm interested in putting it in my PB!

#45 4 years ago

I was lucky enough to get to see and play this in person today. I'd never played TWD before so haven't seen it without the mod, but this looks and works great. I can't imagine the game without this. It lights the shot up really, really well and the fading red thing is awesome.

Disclaimer: I know the OP 10+ years and think he's awesome.

Anyway, for purely selfish reasons I'm interested in helping him develop something like this for my Pinbot, so stay tuned!

Dan

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

I was lucky enough to get to see and play this in person today. I'd never played TWD before so haven't seen it without the mod, but this looks and works great. I can't imagine the game without this. It lights the shot up really, really well and the fading red thing is awesome.
Disclaimer: I know the OP 10+ years and think he's awesome.
Anyway, for purely selfish reasons I'm interested in helping him develop something like this for my Pinbot, so stay tuned!
Dan

Thanks for the kind words Dan! And thanks for coming over and testing it!

#47 4 years ago

Ok, I have most of the parts sourced. There is one area that I have to test tonight. I couldn’t find a pass-through molex connector that the blue bicycle girl connects to on the circuit board under the playfield. I’m going to try hook style clip to connect it to the base of the pin, then see if the connector will still connect over top of that. I will post pictures tonight. I’m trying to make this as easy to install as possible for people. There are only two clips and a molex for power, so 3 simple connections to make. I will have detailed instructions with pictures that will ship with it.

So if that hook connector works, I then should be ready to buy the supplies in bulk, build one, and test it. If everything goes as well, I will start producing them using those parts.

(Due to possible unforseen production cost on the leds, it looks like the mod will cost me more to make than expected. I will honor all the existing pre-orders at $40, but future orders may go up to $45 + actual shipping.)

It takes a while to build the led tower, and I haven’t seen how long it will take to make one from beginning to end. So right now we are looking at $40 + actual shipping. The nice thing about the led tower is that it’s almost invisible behind the post!

I will keep everyone posted on progress. I will post pictures as I make progress.

Thank you everyone for the great responses!

#48 4 years ago

Nicely priced for such a game changer.

Now take my money!

#49 4 years ago

I don't know if it's possible, but I think it would be ideal if the white LED only comes on when the ramp is raised.

#50 4 years ago

I actually like the white LED coming on when the BG is lit on the ramp AND when it's raised.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 26.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
There are 370 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside