New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 114489)

TWDle damage playfield fix

By cantbfrank

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by perryd
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wdFix1.jpg
wdFix2.jpg

#1 5 years ago

TWDle owners, as you may or may not know, the left ramp damages the playfield, not sure about Pro.

To prevent this, use some 1/4 inch d profile weather proofing strip. Place underneath the playfield at the end of the clear portion of the ramp right before the metal section of the he ramp. This will not allow the ramp to completely close when down, but game play is not effected. Actually I feel it improves game play by minimizes the amount of times the ball goes airborn when trying a left ramp shot.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Actually I feel it improves game play by minimizes the amount of times the ball goes airborn when trying a left ramp shot.

if you apply some 1/8 thick rubber stripping to the end of the metal ramp flap, then you can eliminate 98% of the airborne balls. Works like a charm!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

if you apply some 1/8 thick rubber stripping to the end of the metal ramp flap, then you can eliminate 98% of the airborne balls. Works like a charm!

Can you post a pic of what that looks like in the game?
How did you attach it to the ramp?

thanks!

#4 5 years ago

Yes pictures would be great

#5 5 years ago

Adhesive felt from Hobby Lobby is better imo. And I never have airballs.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Adhesive felt from Hobby Lobby is better imo. And I never have airballs.

I ordered some on Amazon and agree. Not only is it saving the playfield the ramp is very smooth now.

#7 5 years ago

Here is the 2nd stage fix of placing the rubber underneath the very end of the metal ramp flap. The felt, which is an earlier post, covers the rivets underneath. Both of these fixes resolves the issue of the ball popping up due to severe pitch. Stern is sending a larger plasic to go on top that helps keep the ball from flying off the track. These fixes work 99% and the left ramp is now smooth!!wdFix2.jpgwdFix1.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside