image.jpeg
TWD_Plunger.jpg
TWD_Pic.jpg
IMAG1297.jpg
20151030_171113.jpg
Ash.jpg
OSHA-No-Admittance-Sign-ONE-4695_300.gif
F7882-private-sign.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinbuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I finally got a chance to play one of these out in the wild at Lucky's Tavern Bar and Grill here in downtown Dayton.
Holy crap.
This game is absolutely awesome. I didn't get an amazing score or anything - about 54 million - but I get it. This game is awesome. All it needs is some Pinball Browser tweaking to bring in the voice actors, and all will be good. Now, I need to decide - Prem or Pro. Bowen did a fantastic video on the Pro, and I played a Pro today, and it is SOLID. I have heard great things about the Prem, but I don't know if I'm ready to pop nearly $1700 more for the extras. I'm still deciding.
Either way, not going to lie, I am starting to gear up my funds to buy this one. Alien better hurry because TWD is here now with solid Lyman code.
I think it is going to look nice next to my NIB ACDC LED Pro and NIB IMVE. Will TWD be NIB? You bet your sweet bippy it will be.

We played the premium on last week's Bro show if you want to see some of the differences:

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

The guys in that vid don't know how to properly pulse the magnet. I'm amazed after all this time that so many owners still don't know how to properly pulse the magnet. It's NOT a code issue.
Don't use both flippers. I found it literally cancelled out the pulse and stdm it goes, as seen in the vid. Hit one flipper, pick a side. I wouldn't doubt it that the machine will fling it generally in the direction of the flipper side chosen. From my experience, don't hold it either. It doesn't pulse so much. I tap a flipper over and over again in quick succession. It tends to send it flying.
There are a lot of ways to affect the magnet fling. One flipper, versus the other flipper, versus both. Tap and hold. Don't hold. Tap once, or twice, or more, rapidly and repeatedly, or slowly. I find it all changes how the magnet interacts with the ball.

It's all so obvious!

#370 8 years ago

I guess Lyman doesn't know about the secret button combo he programmed in himself?

MAGNETS_How_do_they_work.gifMAGNETS_How_do_they_work.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinbuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-wow?tu=kevinbuffalo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.